Carrying two devices

webmeister

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Cool thread. I carry two devices: A BlackBerry Keyone and an iPhone X. They are both personal phones but the BlackBerry I use for work only. My government client won't pay for a phone on my desk and I'm not about to register my personal number in the corporate directory. The Keyone is dual-SIM (it's an India market BBB100-7 Black Edition) and while I have used it with both SIMs on occasion, the iPhone is such a quality thing that I immediately start pining for it when I don't have it with me. I know. I'm a sick man. :)

imtravis

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I carry one device now with two SIMs, my iPhone XS. One number is my personal, the other for work. Work pays for that line.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If I could've gotten the XS Max in Trinidad with physical dual SIM I'd use my personal and work Sims in it; but as it stands I'll probably get a dual SIM Samsung to handle both functions.

iPhone X personal and an android Device as the work line currently

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I would carry one, but my personal line is on a t-mobile family plan and t-mobile doesn’t work everywhere for work. So currently my work line is on Cricket and I’m using a Nokia 6.1.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I’ve 3 phones - X, 7 Plus and Note9.

I usually carry the X and Note9 while 7 Plus as a spare. X for main/personal while Note9 for work/secondary.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I carry one iPhone. I can't imagine dealing with two. I have occasionally had to carry my husband's iPhone along with mine, and found it to be somewhat burdensome! For those of you who do carry multiple phones, I think the option of using two sim cards seems the best.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I carry one iPhone. I can't imagine dealing with two. I have occasionally had to carry my husband's iPhone along with mine, and found it to be somewhat burdensome! For those of you who do carry multiple phones, I think the option of using two sim cards seems the best.

Dual SIM would be great. However, it’s not active on the iPhones yet and it requires paying off the device or buying it outright to unlock it and use with different carriers in the first place. My Nokia is dual SIM but it’s also a budget phone and Android. So there are still issues with dual SIM. That’s one of the reasons I upgraded to the XS Max only to be told it couldn’t happen.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Dual SIM would be great. However, it’s not active on the iPhones yet and it requires paying off the device or buying it outright to unlock it and use with different carriers in the first place. My Nokia is dual SIM but it’s also a budget phone and Android. So there are still issues with dual SIM. That’s one of the reasons I upgraded to the XS Max only to be told it couldn’t happen.

Oh wow.... that's very unfortunate, not to mention frustrating!

imtravis

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I got lucky. I’m on Apples upgrade plan, so got ,y phone unlocked from my carrier and was able to get an eSIM from my carrier. Now I have my personal line via eSIM and my work line via physical SIM. It’s nice being able to have the two lines on one phone.