Glass screen protector or not???

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Wow, I wish I could be that lucky. I’ve never dropped my phone from that high, but I have had two separate phones get bumped off tables and the screen broke both times.

Well as it was falling (in slow motion to me watching it tumble down the ladder), in my mind I had already called Tmobile and ordered the 8+ since I was SURE the screen was shattered. I was utterly stunned when I picked it up and no damage. I did my a lottery ticket on the way home but it didn't win.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I always use screen protectors. Glass when possible. Can’t seem to fully enjoy the phones without doing what I can to protect them.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've dropped my 7+ from the top of a 6 foot ladder and no damage (case and screen protector). My wife knocked her 7+ off the top of her car and only a small scratch on the back (screen protector and no case). My son dropped his 6s+ from his waist and shattered the screen (case and screen protector).

It really is more angle that the phone lands, if it hits anything else on the way down, etc. more than anything else. I've seen falls in Otterbox cases crack a screen, and falls with no case or screen protectors from similar heights do no damage on the same floor. And pretty much all types of damage in between.

Well and a little luck doesn't hurt.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I always use screen protectors. Glass when possible. Can’t seem to fully enjoy the phones without doing what I can to protect them.

I always feel “safe” with a screen protector installed. Although there’s that other feeling of enjoyment without one, due to how clean and sleek it the display looks without.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I always feel “safe” with a screen protector installed. Although there’s that other feeling of enjoyment without one, due to how clean and sleek it the display looks without.

I’ve scratched an iPhone screen every single time I didn’t use one. Now to me, it’s not worth not using one.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Last stone I didn’t use one it was way back with a Note 2...and that ended badly in that I got a scratch that I could see which is one too many. I’ll be using screen protectors from here on out until screens are proven to be scratch proof in daily use. I like my phones as flawless as possible... OCD.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Last stone I didn’t use one it was way back with a Note 2...and that ended badly in that I got a scratch that I could see which is one too many. I’ll be using screen protectors from here on out until screens are proven to be scratch proof in daily use. I like my phones as flawless as possible... OCD.

Me too. I’m OCD like that. Get a single scratched and I’m ticked for as long as I own the phone. So as much as I like not using a screen protector, that won’t happen anymore.

arvind kumar22

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure about that product but it sounds a lot like the Rhinoshield Impact Protection one which is $25 and they have videos where they hammer on it (backed up by multiple YouTube reviewers doing the same or dropping heavy metal balls on them). I've used one and had no issues with clarity or responsiveness. The only downside vs. naked or tempered glass is the oleophobic properties are not as good so there's more fingerprinting. If you need maximum impact protection though it's worth it.

I bought screen protector for my oneplus 6. Its a crap. Dont buy. It is not easy to apply at all. Bubbles are there and i follow the same instruction but it was all prank. It is not at all worth buying this. better to go for grass protector.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I am using a liquid glass protector on my X since I got my phone in September. This thing is worth every dime. No scratches - nothing on the screen since I applied it almost a year ago.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am using a liquid glass protector on my X since I got my phone in September. This thing is worth every dime. No scratches - nothing on the screen since I applied it almost a year ago.

I have the Belkin from the Apple Store and had it for many months. It did cost but they can do it lint free and perfectly straight since they use a machine to apply it. No scratches, bubbles, or anything. Just perfect and still no scratches.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I go to a Zach kiosk outside the Apple store and let them install it. They do large numbers and have the process down. I always screw them up when I try.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Belkin from the Apple Store and had it for many months. It did cost but they can do it lint free and perfectly straight since they use a machine to apply it. No scratches, bubbles, or anything. Just perfect and still no scratches.

I got the Belkin on your recommendation and it's definitely better than the cheaper Spigen. The coating has held up quite nicely while the Spigen would wear out quickly and show fingerprints.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I got the Belkin on your recommendation and it's definitely better than the cheaper Spigen. The coating has held up quite nicely while the Spigen would wear out quickly and show fingerprints.

Yeah the oleophobic coating on the spigens is gone in a month or two. That’s what I use to always use. So decided to spend the $39 and get it done at Apple. Perfectly straight install with no dust. I’ve had mine on here for maybe 6 months and the coating is still great. So I’ve learned you get what you pay for.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the oleophobic coating on the spigens is gone in a month or two. That’s what I use to always use. So decided to spend the $39 and get it done at Apple. Perfectly straight install with no dust. I’ve had mine on here for maybe 6 months and the coating is still great. So I’ve learned you get what you pay for.

Yeah, 2 for $8 with a chance at dust and crooked and not last, or $40 to be perfect and last... lesson learned here.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

They did mine too and had lint and dust lol... not always perfect

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

I actually bought the liquid glass by spigen works like a charm but went to put a glass protector because of my ocd so I have double protection maybe when I decide to take of my glass I know I’ll be with the liquid that was applied probably will buy another and reapply just in case

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods