Glass screen protector or not???

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I am using the Spigen glass, i change phones too often not too. Has a tiny rainbow between the notches if you tilt the phone towards you, only see it with white background, i seem to have a perfect fit so maybe could of been 1mm taller there.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
What would you do? The edges are like that because I had to lift it to get dust underneath the protector using scotch tape. It doesn’t bother me as much as a dust underneath the screen, there is no specks or dusts under the screen...

IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I bought the iCarez for iPhone X from amazon. Edge to Edge, case friendly, and it covers the notch. I LOVE these. 7.99 for 2 of them as well.

Exactly what I did as well. Read the reviews and the 2.5D seemed to be the best option as it works well with most cases. I usually don’t use screen protectors at all but with the price being so cheap I figured I’d give them a try and even though the installation did not go smoothly the end result is great after it settled in.
c0193fa8d43b5608ad3aa4f015f92020.jpg

henry007

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I got a 5D glass screen protector and it's great for peace of mind. However, dust got under the notch area, including the camera lens part and it looks kinda unsightly when you look a little closer.IMG_20171218_084210.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’ve been thinking of taking my screen protector off It looks so much better without one.

Word on the street is Apple has pulled the glass Belkin screen protectors from stores due to them breaking too often. Belkin is suppose to re-engineer them and possibly be back in store in February. After I heard this, they are no longer even offered on the Apple site

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've seen 6' drops shatter screens and 6' drops do no damage, with and without screen protectors, iPhone, Android, Windows and Blackberry. Personally I'd spend the money for a little piece of mind.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Word on the street is Apple has pulled the glass Belkin screen protectors from stores due to them breaking too often. Belkin is suppose to re-engineer them and possibly be back in store in February. After I heard this, they are no longer even offered on the Apple site

I saw the article on this, and I’m definitely looking forward to the updated version in 2018!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
6’ drop with no damage?! Or did you mean 6”?

I've dropped my 7+ from the top of a 6 foot ladder and no damage (case and screen protector). My wife knocked her 7+ off the top of her car and only a small scratch on the back (screen protector and no case). My son dropped his 6s+ from his waist and shattered the screen (case and screen protector).

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I've dropped my 7+ from the top of a 6 foot ladder and no damage (case and screen protector). My wife knocked her 7+ off the top of her car and only a small scratch on the back (screen protector and no case). My son dropped his 6s+ from his waist and shattered the screen (case and screen protector).

Wow, I wish I could be that lucky. I’ve never dropped my phone from that high, but I have had two separate phones get bumped off tables and the screen broke both times.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro