Glass screen protector or not???

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Theirs are just so expensive. Since I have to do mine and wife’s, I do the Spigen. $8 for 2. And since I do the hinge method install, I get them perfect every time. I do both for $8 compared to $80 for 2 at Apple. And you can see I get these perfect. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/bea4c4f45d96d8e3b503d26cee6fccc4.jpg

I did the hinge method on mine too, and it’s great except the notch part.

I saw someone with the Belkin and it didn’t have any rainbow effects and it is aligned perfectly.

I know what you mean, it’s too much for a screen protector. I’ve always used $3-7 tempered glass and they’ve worked great.

Pcrispy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

I saw someone with the Belkin and it didn’t have any rainbow effects and it is aligned perfectly.

I know what you mean, it’s too much for a screen protector. I’ve always used $3-7 tempered glass and they’ve worked great.

The Belkin shouldn't have the rainbow or halo effects at the edges because it's slightly larger than most protectors that only cover the actual OLED pixels (shown in this Apple photo).

Belkin.jpg

Since the edges are over the black, you wouldn't get the annoying reflections on the edges of the protector's glass. I still prefer mine which covers the entire screen and sensors so that it looks identical to a naked phone, plus $8 is hard to beat.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The Belkin shouldn't have the rainbow or halo effects at the edges because it's slightly larger than most protectors that only cover the actual OLED pixels (shown in this Apple photo).

View attachment 120486

Since the edges are over the black, you wouldn't get the annoying reflections on the edges of the protector's glass. I still prefer mine which covers the entire screen and sensors so that it looks identical to a naked phone, plus $8 is hard to beat.

That’s exactly why I wanted the Belkin. The reviews are pretty bad though.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

What was wrong with the notch part? Here’s a close up of mine. It’s pretty good. I also have to rainbowing anywhere.
4894df1600adf0c40b9ee489109774ae.jpg

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I installed zaggs sapphire defense on my mine & both of my parents phones as well. We haven’t had any of the rainbow/halo effect.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone X had a scratch on the screen out of nowhere. I ended up returning this today (got it on the 4th). Luckily Apple Store near me had plenty in stock today. So I picked one up. I installed screen protector on it. I hate scratches on screen.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone X had a scratch on the screen out of nowhere. I ended up returning this today (got it on the 4th). Luckily Apple Store near me had plenty in stock today. So I picked one up. I installed screen protector on it. I hate scratches on screen.

My wife’s came with 3 small scratches on the screen out of the box. So we returned it and got a new one.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Never used a screen protector before on any of my phones. Even when I had the iPhone 8 Plus. But when I got the X Saturday, I had them put one on. The Zagg cost me $40. I’m not taking any chances with this thing. You can’t really tell it’s on unless you look really close.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Never used a screen protector before on any of my phones. Even when I had the iPhone 8 Plus. But when I got the X Saturday, I had them put one on. The Zagg cost me $40. I’m not taking any chances with this thing. You can’t really tell it’s on unless you look really close.

I hated them on my 6s but like this one a lot. Much thinner and not as noticeable.

tbernardi

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
Not a fan of screen protectors ever.. but I am gentle with my phones... I can see the upside, but I have never needed one and the one time I did it got all gummy and I never went back...

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a glass screen protector without the notch cutout that also happens to be edge to edge AND case friendly? I bought 2 from Tozo on Amazon. I applied perfectly, but unfortunately with the Apple silicone & leather cases the edges lift and won’t stay on screen. So looking for edge to edge, no notch cutout and case friendly. It’s a hard one to find!

I bought the iCarez for iPhone X from amazon. Edge to Edge, case friendly, and it covers the notch. I LOVE these. 7.99 for 2 of them as well.

Pcrispy

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
These screen protectors that cover the notch are not affecting all the technology and camera in that notch???

I've not seen any issues at all. FaceID works just as fast and accurate, camera is fine (although I never use that camera except for FaceTime anyhow)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I put a Rhinoshield Edge2Edge screen protector on mine and no issues at all. Given the cost of screen replacement without AppleCare+ let a lone with coverage its not something I am willing to risk. The only downside with screen protectors is when you want to go between a regular case and a waterproof full coverage case you have to remove the screen protector.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner