Glass screen protector or not???

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your kind words
Can you please share a shot of your iPhone with the Belkin? And also a shot near the notch?

Here is a couple pics.. Bad quality, sorry

478451d365b5fbb151dd6948f2f4e757.jpg
75cd1c8ee2a9b5ce03b923342ca3d4f7.jpg

Last edited:

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I usually always go with the AlphaGlass from Otterbox but this time it wasn’t available. I switched and got the Zeesa 3D Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Amazon and I really like it. The feel of it is smooth and it doesn’t smudge a lot. I recommend.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I got the Zagg and am not digging it because I have the infamous rainbow after the rep installed it a hair too low. Boooo.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I got the Zagg and am not digging it because I have the infamous rainbow after the rep installed it a hair too low. Boooo.

That’s why I don’t let anybody install mine. They won’t take the same patience and care as I do. It’s not their device.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
For the cost of this phone, I definitely threw it in a case and a screen protector before I even touched it. I haven't even seen the phone outside of the case, lol. I haven't noticed any loss of functionality. Screen use and clarity is great.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Anytime I’ve done that even as careful as I am, I get light scratching in the oleophobic coating.

I understand everyone’s reasoning, I used to put a zagg protector on every phone I had but I like the feel of a naked screen, but that’s just me.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

Ugh I am on my third install and no matter how exact I get it there is rainbowing

I’m about to go naked on the screen but I really don’t want to! It does look so much better without a protector

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Anytime I’ve done that even as careful as I am, I get light scratching in the oleophobic coating.

Yup of course you get light scratching. To all the people who say mine doesn’t have a mark, put it under a flashlight and there will be a bunch of hairline scratches in the coating just like you mention.

I just hate how all the dust gets caught in between the case and protector, it makes the phone look dirty

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yup of course you get light scratching. To all the people who say mine doesn’t have a mark, put it under a flashlight and there will be a bunch of hairline scratches in the coating just like you mention.

I just hate how all the dust gets caught in between the case and protector, it makes the phone look dirty

Exactly. That is when I see the light scratching. It’s normally not seen under normal circumstances. But I know it’s there and when I go to sell it, I can’t sell it as a mint screen. Nobody wants to hear about scratching on a screen. No matter how minor it is.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I’ve tried installing a few from different brands and it’s tough to perfectly align the notch area. I might just head over to an Apple Store and get them to install the Belkin.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/75177d8cf78c217b943ba3c48ddb6216.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/ed870f5f5530bb0a85722d6c9da4be2b.jpg

I ended up getting the Spigen glass, will be here Friday, if it's no good i wont be using one at all.

Still no case though, returned my Apple Black leather, too slippery and opening for mute switch too small, have a UAG Monarch coming.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I ended up getting the Spigen glass, will be here Friday, if it's no good i wont be using one at all.

Still no case though, returned my Apple Black leather, too slippery and opening for mute switch too small, have a UAG Monarch coming.

Nice!
I’m just going to head over to an Apple store next week and get them to install the Belkin.
The leather case will get grippier over time, but yeah it’s more slippery than silicone.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

I ripped off both my spigen glass protectors. Got the tech armor 2 pack and those are ever worse, they don’t even fit the screen. Going with no protector for now because I can’t deal with the rainbow effect

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

My 5 had that issue within a week. Nothing in my pocket, and a scratch in the coating about half way down, nearly 1/2 inch starting from the edge towards the middle of the phone. Put a screen protector on it and it 'disappeared' now I just put one on to start.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I ripped off both my spigen glass protectors. Got the tech armor 2 pack and those are ever worse, they don’t even fit the screen. Going with no protector for now because I can’t deal with the rainbow effect

I'm unhappily continuing to deal with the rainbow effect because I don't want anything bad to happen. Going to keep shopping around. :(

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm unhappily continuing to deal with the rainbow effect because I don't want anything bad to happen. Going to keep shopping around. :(

That’s what I kept telling myself and finally said screw this. I have a top notch OLED iPhone and I refuse to look at a imperfect screen all day. Going to enjoy it without a screen protector for now.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That’s what I kept telling myself and finally said screw this. I have a top notch OLED iPhone and I refuse to look at a imperfect screen all day. Going to enjoy it without a screen protector for now.

Top “notch” OLED iPhone...pun intended?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox