Normally, I hate screen protectors due to them being blatantly obvious, edges showing distortion/reflections to make them stick out worse, edges can be felt when swiping, edges collect LOTS of dust. With the screen replacement cost of the X being double that of the past, I decided not to risk a bare screen with this one. I tried a Tozo 3D which blatantly screamed that there was a screen protector on there. Then I tried an Anker Karapax which only covered the OLED section. The Anker felt pretty smooth, but had all of the downsides of a typical screen protector in appearance. Finally, I found this i-Blason and it's pretty much like the actual iPhone X screen being bare. The edges wrap around slightly, super smooth feel when swiping, I actually don't feel any edges at all swiping from the bottom and my Apple Leather case wraps around the sides perfect with a little lip protection left. The all clear glass covers the sensor notch areas except for the speaker opening, so I've not had to wipe dust or anything from that area, and I don't have a black notch on the screen protector trying to line up with the phone's notch. It's all clear and seamless glass around the edge bezels. Like the manufacturer states, and many can confirm including myself, any air bubbles left after install (if a completely clean screen free of dust was prepared first) will go away on their own within 24 hours. For the quality of this, and end results, I would happily pay way more than what it costs. I got mine for $8.39. Installed product looks identical to the renderings.

https://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-iPho...mUvbUpU3014202Attachment 120411
    11-15-2017 04:53 AM
    I have used practically every available tempered glass screen protector available, and have tried some many times (ZAGG) with the same issues...the "halo" effect where the edges of the glass don't stick to the screen, and give it an outline. I have also had practically every one develop chips/cracks along the edges. I've wasted tons of money. No more...

That said, I finally gave up on screen protectors & just run a naked screen. I don't drop my phone as a rule, run a pretty good case all the time for protection...and buy insurance (carrier or AppleCare) so the replacement isn't a huge expense if/when it does happen.
    11-15-2017 11:20 AM
    Normally, I hate screen protectors due to them being blatantly obvious, edges showing distortion/reflections to make them stick out worse, edges can be felt when swiping, edges collect LOTS of dust. With the screen replacement cost of the X being double that of the past, I decided not to risk a bare screen with this one. I tried a Tozo 3D which blatantly screamed that there was a screen protector on there. Then I tried an Anker Karapax which only covered the OLED section. The Anker felt pretty smooth, but had all of the downsides of a typical screen protector in appearance. Finally, I found this i-Blason and it's pretty much like the actual iPhone X screen being bare. The edges wrap around slightly, super smooth feel when swiping, I actually don't feel any edges at all swiping from the bottom and my Apple Leather case wraps around the sides perfect with a little lip protection left. The all clear glass covers the sensor notch areas except for the speaker opening, so I've not had to wipe dust or anything from that area, and I don't have a black notch on the screen protector trying to line up with the phone's notch. It's all clear and seamless glass around the edge bezels. Like the manufacturer states, and many can confirm including myself, any air bubbles left after install (if a completely clean screen free of dust was prepared first) will go away on their own within 24 hours. For the quality of this, and end results, I would happily pay way more than what it costs. I got mine for $8.39. Installed product looks identical to the renderings.

https://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-iPho...mUvbUpU3014465Attachment 120411
    Does this protector have adhesive all over, or just on the black edge? Does the middle adhere? I had similar screen protectors in the past for curved screens and they only had adhesive on edges, which sucked.
    11-15-2017 04:26 PM
    Does this protector have adhesive all over, or just on the black edge? Does the middle adhere? I had similar screen protectors in the past for curved screens and they only had adhesive on edges, which sucked.
    It's all over (middle, edges, etc) just like a normal screen protector. One that only adheres to the edges would be a major pain.
    11-15-2017 04:32 PM
    It's all over (middle, edges, etc) just like a normal screen protector. One that only adheres to the edges would be a major pain.
    Hmm, might try it. Appears unavailable in Canada, yet their smaller variant is available. Weird. Spigen is very good too, but not full coverage.
    11-15-2017 04:55 PM
    I have used practically every available tempered glass screen protector available, and have tried some many times (ZAGG) with the same issues...the "halo" effect where the edges of the glass don't stick to the screen, and give it an outline. I have also had practically every one develop chips/cracks along the edges. I've wasted tons of money. No more...
    That stinks. That’s something I’ve never dealt with using tempered glass protectors.
    11-15-2017 05:09 PM
    Hmm, might try it. Appears unavailable in Canada, yet their smaller variant is available. Weird. Spigen is very good too, but not full coverage.
    I can't imagine a better screen protector option. With this installed along with my Apple Leather case, it feels identical to when I didn't have a screen protector. Looks identical too, except for an edge around the speaker edge. It's exactly what my ideal scenario would be for a tempered glass screen protector, and the cost is amazing. Installation and aligning was the best of any I've used before too thanks to the install bracket. It left zero wiggle room, so it dropped in perfectly aligned. I was actually blown away.
    dejanh likes this.
    11-15-2017 05:50 PM

That said, I finally gave up on screen protectors & just run a naked screen. I don't drop my phone as a rule, run a pretty good case all the time for protection...and buy insurance (carrier or AppleCare) so the replacement isn't a huge expense if/when it does happen.
    The Belkin doesn’t produce any effects if you get Apple to install it for you with their machine.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-15-2017 08:03 PM
    I can't imagine a better screen protector option. With this installed along with my Apple Leather case, it feels identical to when I didn't have a screen protector. Looks identical too, except for an edge around the speaker edge. It's exactly what my ideal scenario would be for a tempered glass screen protector, and the cost is amazing. Installation and aligning was the best of any I've used before too thanks to the install bracket. It left zero wiggle room, so it dropped in perfectly aligned. I was actually blown away.
    can you post pics?
    11-15-2017 09:27 PM
    A DSLR would provide better macro pics, but it's at work, so here are some pics with another iPhone X.Glass screen protector or not???-img_2820.jpgGlass screen protector or not???-img_2821.jpgGlass screen protector or not???-img_2822.jpgGlass screen protector or not???-img_2823.jpgGlass screen protector or not???-img_2824.jpgGlass screen protector or not???-img_2825.jpgGlass screen protector or not???-img_2828.jpgGlass screen protector or not???-img_2829.jpgGlass screen protector or not???-img_2830.jpg
    11-16-2017 04:45 AM
    can you post pics?
    Sorry, iMore wasn’t let me post pics on a reply so I did a post with pics and just now realized you might not have been notified.
    11-16-2017 06:50 PM
    Sorry, iMore wasn’t let me post pics on a reply so I did a post with pics and just now realized you might not have been notified.
    Ah thanks so much, looks like a pretty good protector!
    11-16-2017 07:21 PM
    I had the Zagg on mine for about 24 hours. The rainbow effect wasn't too bad, but after reading reviews of the horrible cracking the Belkin had, I decided to bite the bullet and go to the Apple store and have one put on and am glad I did. Paired nicely with the silicone case and I am quite happy.
    11-16-2017 09:05 PM
    I had the Zagg on mine for about 24 hours. The rainbow effect wasn't too bad, but after reading reviews of the horrible cracking the Belkin had, I decided to bite the bullet and go to the Apple store and have one put on and am glad I did. Paired nicely with the silicone case and I am quite happy.
    That’s what I plan on doing in the future.
    It’s always a perfect install with the Belkin machine at Apple.
    11-17-2017 12:40 AM
    That’s what I plan on doing in the future.
    It’s always a perfect install with the Belkin machine at Apple.
    Theirs are just so expensive. Since I have to do mine and wife’s, I do the Spigen. $8 for 2. And since I do the hinge method install, I get them perfect every time. I do both for $8 compared to $80 for 2 at Apple. And you can see I get these perfect.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    11-17-2017 01:06 AM
    Theirs are just so expensive. Since I have to do mine and wife’s, I do the Spigen. $8 for 2. And since I do the hinge method install, I get them perfect every time. I do both for $8 compared to $80 for 2 at Apple. And you can see I get these perfect. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6cee6fccc4.jpg
    I did the hinge method on mine too, and it’s great except the notch part.

I saw someone with the Belkin and it didn’t have any rainbow effects and it is aligned perfectly.

I know what you mean, it’s too much for a screen protector. I’ve always used $3-7 tempered glass and they’ve worked great.
    11-17-2017 04:14 AM

I saw someone with the Belkin and it didn’t have any rainbow effects and it is aligned perfectly.

I know what you mean, it’s too much for a screen protector. I’ve always used $3-7 tempered glass and they’ve worked great.
    The Belkin shouldn't have the rainbow or halo effects at the edges because it's slightly larger than most protectors that only cover the actual OLED pixels (shown in this Apple photo).

Glass screen protector or not???-belkin.jpg

Since the edges are over the black, you wouldn't get the annoying reflections on the edges of the protector's glass. I still prefer mine which covers the entire screen and sensors so that it looks identical to a naked phone, plus $8 is hard to beat.
    11-17-2017 04:33 AM
    The Belkin shouldn't have the rainbow or halo effects at the edges because it's slightly larger than most protectors that only cover the actual OLED pixels (shown in this Apple photo).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Belkin.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	569.7 KB 
ID:	120486

Since the edges are over the black, you wouldn't get the annoying reflections on the edges of the protector's glass. I still prefer mine which covers the entire screen and sensors so that it looks identical to a naked phone, plus $8 is hard to beat.
    That’s exactly why I wanted the Belkin. The reviews are pretty bad though.
    11-17-2017 10:14 AM
    Picked up a Body Guardz Spyglass 2 aka privacy glass. Going to try and find time to apply it today.
    11-17-2017 10:50 AM

What was wrong with the notch part? Here’s a close up of mine. It’s pretty good. I also have to rainbowing anywhere.
    11-17-2017 03:04 PM
    I installed zaggs sapphire defense on my mine & both of my parents phones as well. We haven’t had any of the rainbow/halo effect.
    11-17-2017 10:27 PM
    My iPhone X had a scratch on the screen out of nowhere. I ended up returning this today (got it on the 4th). Luckily Apple Store near me had plenty in stock today. So I picked one up. I installed screen protector on it. I hate scratches on screen.
    11-17-2017 11:22 PM
    My iPhone X had a scratch on the screen out of nowhere. I ended up returning this today (got it on the 4th). Luckily Apple Store near me had plenty in stock today. So I picked one up. I installed screen protector on it. I hate scratches on screen.
    My wife’s came with 3 small scratches on the screen out of the box. So we returned it and got a new one.
    11-18-2017 01:00 AM
    Never used a screen protector in my life, nor am I about to start.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    11-19-2017 07:37 PM
    Never used a screen protector in my life, nor am I about to start.
    you are bold I always have to have a screen protector a case I can live without lol but screen protector I need it
    11-20-2017 07:04 PM
220 ... 45678 ...