Glass screen protector or not???

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Got the Spigen per @Garz recommendation and like it a lot. Thankfully there were 2 as I got some dust under the first one (right in the middle) and took it off. Second is much better if very slightly off center as I have a bit of rainbow on the edge. Better than that speck of dust though! I’ll order more just to have. Worth the $8 easily.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Got the Spigen per @Garz recommendation and like it a lot. Thankfully there were 2 as I got some dust under the first one (right in the middle) and took it off. Second is much better if very slightly off center as I have a bit of rainbow on the edge. Better than that speck of dust though! I’ll order more just to have. Worth the $8 easily.

I got mine perfectly aligned first try. No rainbow effect. And no dust either! That drives me nuts.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I got the Zagg and am not digging it because I have the infamous rainbow after the rep installed it a hair too low. Boooo.

I got the Bodyguardz Pure 2 from AT&T. It comes with an alignment tool and goes on 100% Perfect.
The only downsize is that it's $40. plus tax.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
And no alignment tray which makes the install perfect.

I also ordered this: 2 Glass with the guide for $7.85 and free prime shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074L1MQ4F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0d80699ccc8e9e5854dec83d013858c1.jpg

I don’t need an alignment tray. My install is perfect. First try. With the handles it provides on top and bottom, it’s not hard.

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171113/0d80699ccc8e9e5854dec83d013858c1.jpg

I don’t need an alignment tray. My install is perfect. First try. With the handles it provides on top and bottom, it’s not hard.

Is it possible you can take a closeup pic of how the fit is with an Apple case? I’ve been searching for an edge to edge with no notch cutout, no luck there. I’ve heard good things about Belkin, but want to see it with a case and how close it goes around the edges. I know there is a notch cutout (I wonder why they have those), but it seems to be the best out there?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible you can take a closeup pic of how the fit is with an Apple case? I’ve been searching for an edge to edge with no notch cutout, no luck there. I’ve heard good things about Belkin, but want to see it with a case and how close it goes around the edges. I know there is a notch cutout (I wonder why they have those), but it seems to be the best out there?

With screen off and on. Very hard to get and edge to edge because of the curved glass.
674456ba3dc130cc436a3d17224a0b85.jpg

f6ba05de7359380e044a13f2ebfa7484.jpg

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the pictures. Do you ever have issues or find it annoying when your fingers reach the edges of the screen protector? I had one similar on my 6S Plus and hated that feeling so never used screen protectors until this X. I like having edge to edge, but sadly the edges lift up when using an Apple silicone case

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the pictures. Do you ever have issues or find it annoying when your fingers reach the edges of the screen protector? I had one similar on my 6S Plus and hated that feeling so never used screen protectors until this X. I like having edge to edge, but sadly the edges lift up when using an Apple silicone case

I haven’t noticed any issues. Or maybe I just don’t notice. I’ve been using Spigen Glass for a few years now so maybe I’m just use to it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I always get my Spigens aligned correctly the first time. @robertk328 #amateur

lol

the trick was when I pulled the inside part off, the outside started to peel (I left the handles part on instead of taking it off first). I think that was my downfall. It's not noticeable that it's off a hair so I'm ok but I'll order some more just to have and probably try again for grins. ;)

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

There are quite a few of them on amazon. I just searched iPhone X edge to edge screen protector. I saw at least 14 on the front page.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3013374

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector, except the built in one on my old iPhone 5 Otterbox Defender. I use the Otterbox Commuter on my 6s Plus with no screen protector. No scratches or nicks after more than 2 years. It's just not a must have for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox