Anytime I’ve done that even as careful as I am, I get light scratching in the oleophobic coating.
    My 5 had that issue within a week. Nothing in my pocket, and a scratch in the coating about half way down, nearly 1/2 inch starting from the edge towards the middle of the phone. Put a screen protector on it and it 'disappeared' now I just put one on to start.
    11-07-2017 08:11 PM
    I ripped off both my spigen glass protectors. Got the tech armor 2 pack and those are ever worse, they don’t even fit the screen. Going with no protector for now because I can’t deal with the rainbow effect
    I'm unhappily continuing to deal with the rainbow effect because I don't want anything bad to happen. Going to keep shopping around.
    11-07-2017 08:39 PM
    I'm unhappily continuing to deal with the rainbow effect because I don't want anything bad to happen. Going to keep shopping around.
    That’s what I kept telling myself and finally said screw this. I have a top notch OLED iPhone and I refuse to look at a imperfect screen all day. Going to enjoy it without a screen protector for now.
    11-07-2017 08:40 PM
    That’s what I kept telling myself and finally said screw this. I have a top notch OLED iPhone and I refuse to look at a imperfect screen all day. Going to enjoy it without a screen protector for now.
    Top “notch” OLED iPhone...pun intended?
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-07-2017 08:47 PM
    Top “notch” OLED iPhone...pun intended?
    Hahahaaaa wow! Did not even realize that! Pretty wild huh?!
    11-07-2017 08:47 PM
    I’m just going to head over to an Apple store next week and get them to install the Belkin.
    Yeah i would too if it wasn't a 5 hours drive
    11-07-2017 10:51 PM
    I ripped off both my spigen glass protectors
    So the Spigen rainbow too? Have only read of the Zagg doing it, why i didn't get it, and Spigen was nearly half the price.
    11-07-2017 10:54 PM
    Yeah i would too if it wasn't a 5 hours drive
    11-07-2017 11:01 PM
    So the Spigen rainbow too? Have only read of the Zagg doing it, why i didn't get it, and Spigen was nearly half the price.
    I haven’t noticed it on my Spigen.
    11-07-2017 11:23 PM
    I haven’t noticed it on my Spigen.
    Ok, thanks.
    11-07-2017 11:28 PM
    Ok, thanks.
    And it’s much less than half the price if you buy on amazon. I paid $8 for a two pack on amazon.
    11-07-2017 11:30 PM
    The leather case will get grippier over time, but yeah it’s more slippery than silicone.
    Glad i ordered the Apple Silcone as just found out the ebay seller i ordered the UAG off don't even have any till Wednesday next week, dodgy selling no stock. Wondered why they never replied with postage details.
    Have offered refund might wait and see what the Apple case is like first, running naked all over now, its like walking on glass with this phone
    11-07-2017 11:34 PM
    Glad i ordered the Apple Silcone as just found out the ebay seller i ordered the UAG off don't even have any till Wednesday next week, dodgy selling no stock. Wondered why they never replied with postage details.
    Have offered refund might wait and see what the Apple case is like first, running naked all over now, its like walking on glass with this phone
    Nice! Which color did you get?
    11-08-2017 12:16 AM
    Nice! Which color did you get?
    Boring old Black, always black for me, have tried other colours but never like them. Just ordered the Sena below with 10% discount its about $64AUD with DHL 2-4 day delivery.
    Will return the silicone i really prefer leather.

https://www.senacases.com/products/b...=1&cache=false
    Last edited by Cladster; 11-08-2017 at 02:33 AM.
    11-08-2017 01:41 AM
    I have one on mine and I absolutely love it.
    11-08-2017 03:56 AM
    Glass screen was installed in the  store and the phone returned to its box to be activated upon arrival at home. It’s a must. Lol
    sekelani likes this.
    11-08-2017 04:13 AM
    Glass screen was installed in the  store and the phone returned to its box to be activated upon arrival at home. It’s a must. Lol
    Especially if your paying top dollar for this phone.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-08-2017 04:14 AM
    We always use them. It’s not an option, lol.

11-08-2017 05:31 AM
    how does it look? Did they use the machine? When I got the anti-glare put on they just used the template the protector came with.
    Going to switch to glass, the anti-glare doesn't look as good with the anti-glare coating. Have some Spigen coming based on @Garz testimonial but if I have a problem with them I'll just get the Belkin.
    11-08-2017 05:37 AM
    how does it look? Did they use the machine? When I got the anti-glare put on they just used the template the protector came with.
    Going to switch to glass, the anti-glare doesn't look as good with the anti-glare coating. Have some Spigen coming based on @Garz testimonial but if I have a problem with them I'll just get the Belkin.
    They didn’t use the “big” machine I’ve seen them use before but he pulled some apparatus from the box on the table and flawlessly installed my SP.

@Garz is right about Spigen! I normally buy and install my own SP but since the purchase of the X was a bit of a surprise I went with the Belkin from . Usually though, it’s all Spigen GLAS.tR Slim all the time!

I might end up buying some just to have on hand. They’re like 8 bucks for 2 as opposed to 40 bucks for one from !
    Garz likes this.
    11-08-2017 06:39 AM
    For me this phone is too expensive to not use a screen protector. I work outside in all conditions so I need the most protection there. I did try something new this time around. Ended up with a privacy tempered glass. Got this one:

iPhone X Screen Protector, Maxboost (Privacy Black, 3 Packs) iPhone X Tempered Glass Screen Protector Privacy Screen Protectors Glass Anti-Spy/Scratch/Fingerprint (Work with most case) Easy Install https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073DMF1Y3...mUvbUpU3010950

I like that it came with an application frame. So the install was quick and easy. Went on perfect. Not sure how I feel about the privacy screen yet. It’s like having a tint on your car. You especially notice it in situations where you want the screen to be as bright as possible. It won’t get as bright as it used to.

I did order the Spigen ones too
    11-08-2017 07:16 AM
    Is there any great glass screen protectors or they all the same
    11-08-2017 09:45 AM
    Any recommendations for a high quality glass screen protector for the X? Had a client ask about one for his.
    11-08-2017 09:53 AM
    Any recommendations for a high quality glass screen protector for the X? Had a client ask about one for his.
    I'm using the Sonix edge to edge I bought at a TMo store, but Amazon also sells them.
    https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-SONIX-...mUvbUpU3011060

The also have a case friendly one, but I haven't tried it.

The edge to edge one works fine with my Totallee thin case, but it wouldn't work with cases that have a lip.
    11-08-2017 11:28 AM
    I'm using the Sonix edge to edge I bought at a TMo store, but Amazon also sells them.
    https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-SONIX-...mUvbUpU3011073

The also have a case friendly one, but I haven't tried it.

The edge to edge one works fine with my Totallee thin case, but it wouldn't work with cases that have a lip.
    Thanks for the information, I have the Apple OEM leather case on mine, so I will have to look at the case friendly one.
    11-08-2017 11:44 AM
209 ... 23456 ...