A company called Simply Carbon Fiber has a nearly indestructible screen protector (not glass though) for $30 normal price and $15 on sale. They use a phone protected by this product to hammer nails into a 2x4. It's impressive but I'm concerned about the clarity and responsiveness of the non-glass product
    I'm not sure about that product but it sounds a lot like the Rhinoshield Impact Protection one which is $25 and they have videos where they hammer on it (backed up by multiple YouTube reviewers doing the same or dropping heavy metal balls on them). I've used one and had no issues with clarity or responsiveness. The only downside vs. naked or tempered glass is the oleophobic properties are not as good so there's more fingerprinting. If you need maximum impact protection though it's worth it.
    10-31-2017 04:34 PM
    So I broke down today and bought a Sonix tempered glass protector at TMo today when I was looking at cases. The rep that put it on my phone left some lint or something under the screen so there's a weird bubble. Didn't notice it was something under the screen until I got home. Other than that I like it though.
    11-03-2017 03:55 PM
    I’ve got mine on mostly perfect. It actually came with a fixture to ensure that it’s centered. I hate the “light bleed” around the edges of the protector, especially when on a white screen. It’s definitely more noticeable than when I had one on my 7 Plus.
    11-03-2017 04:17 PM
    I’ve got mine on mostly perfect. It actually came with a fixture to ensure that it’s centered. I hate the “light bleed” around the edges of the protector, especially when on a white screen. It’s definitely more noticeable than when I had one on my 7 Plus.
    I took mine off bc of the rainbow bleed against the white backgrounds. They protector needs to be cut a little larger so it sits on the black bezels to eliminate that bleed. Wonder what protector out there is larger.
    11-06-2017 11:17 AM
    I’m using Spigen Glass. A 2 pack on amazon for $8. Not sure you can even see it on my phone. Fits great.
    11-06-2017 12:38 PM
    I always use on and have had the Apple store install the last few. They do a great job. Also the screens on the X's are more expensive to replace.
    I did the same. They did an amazing job, can barely tell it’s there!!
    11-06-2017 12:42 PM
    I might try Rhinoshield's full glass protector. It won't be as protective as their film, but my understanding is even though it's edge to edge it will work with their cases. I saw it on Mobile Review's EH's YouTube channel and he was running it with a Rhino case on an 8. Would eliminate all rainbowing and getting cutouts aligned etc.

edit:
    One thing I've noticed with my ESR and I don't know if I just forgot about it, or it's due to the OLED screen vs LCD somehow, or a difference between ESR and Tech Armor (who I used to use for glass) but sitting in darkened/dark rooms when the screen is on the vertical "cut" edge of the protector will have a slight glow in lit up areas of the screen.
    11-06-2017 12:50 PM
    I’m using Spigen Glass. A 2 pack on amazon for $8. Not sure you can even see it on my phone. Fits great. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...51c2a9e91f.jpg
    That’s the ones I got. I put it on very well and was getting the rainbow bleed line on the right side and top by the notch. Only see it on white background. Maybe I will try the second one that is still in the box.
    11-06-2017 03:14 PM
    That’s the ones I got. I put it on very well and was getting the rainbow bleed line on the right side and top by the notch. Only see it on white background. Maybe I will try the second one that is still in the box.
    Sounds like it was properly limes up. I did both and my wife’s and no bleed line. But I have them both perfectly limes up.
    11-06-2017 03:43 PM
    Sounds like it was properly limes up. I did both and my wife’s and no bleed line. But I have them both perfectly limes up.
    So when you are against a white background, say the mail app...there is no rainbow effect at the edge of the protector? I now installed two, pretty perfectly lined up as well and both give my a rainbow effect, more prominent when moving the phone or tilting it
    11-06-2017 03:47 PM
    So when you are against a white background, say the mail app...there is no rainbow effect at the edge of the protector? I now installed two, pretty perfectly lined up as well and both give my a rainbow effect, more prominent when moving the phone or tilting it
    Not in the lighting I’m in. But I know what your talking about. My iPad Pro that has a Zagg Glass in the restroom at my house, I’ve seen it do it. But only in that lighting. I would have to try this X at home when I’m there to see if it does it. But otherwise I have yet to notice it.
    11-06-2017 03:52 PM
    Not in the lighting I’m in. But I know what your talking about. My iPad Pro that has a Zagg Glass in the restroom at my house, I’ve seen it do it. But only in that lighting. I would have to try this X at home when I’m there to see if it does it. But otherwise I have yet to notice it.
    Oh okay, well it’s not terrible so I rather have the protection. Just hate to ruin such a beautiful screen with that annoying visual. The spigen glass is a nice product though. I think if they made it a hair taller and wider it would fix that rainbow issue
    11-06-2017 03:54 PM
    Hey guys I just got the spigen one it doesn’t fit the phone fully right?I used up both in the box trying to get it on fully
    11-06-2017 04:15 PM
    I went a Spigen as well. Always glass protector for me
    11-06-2017 04:52 PM
    Hey guys I just got the spigen one it doesn’t fit the phone fully right?I used up both in the box trying to get it on fully
    Mine was not a edge to edge cover.
    COMMISSIONERHBK9 likes this.
    11-06-2017 04:54 PM
    Currently using the zerolemon glass. Have a Rhinoshield glass on the way should be in sometime this week.
    11-06-2017 04:57 PM
    I go back and forth on screen protectors. I never had one on my 7 Plus, don't have one on my 8, but I did put a plastic film one on my S8+. I may pick one up for my X. I'm undecided ATM.

My thing is the protector has to go completely to the edges of the glass if I use them. I hate the ones that only cover the flat part of the screen. It's a pet peeve I have to run my finger over the screen and feel where the protector ends and the screen begins.

One big plus for using one on the X is there's no home button to feel weird if I do put one on. That may be why I never keep them on my iPhones. The home button feels awful when there's a protector on.
    That's why I don't have much luck with glass protectors, besides the higher likelihood of them coming up on the corners. The thicker material is more noticeable to me that it doesn't go to the edge but a crystal film style protector blends in more (to me). I like the Media Devil ones from amazon.

May have to try the Spigen one @Garz has above as that thing disappears on the phone! Garz did you use the hinge method on the side or top?
    tourstagefan likes this.
    11-06-2017 05:07 PM
    Sense the iPhone 6 I've always went with a Apple leather case and tempered glass screen protector. Never had a problem with function.
    11-06-2017 05:08 PM
    That's why I don't have much luck with glass protectors, besides the higher likelihood of them coming up on the corners. The thicker material is more noticeable to me that it doesn't go to the edge but a crystal film style protector blends in more (to me). I like the Media Devil ones from amazon.

May have to try the Spigen one @Garz has above as that thing disappears on the phone! Garz did you use the hinge method on the side or top?
    Yes I did the hinge method. I always hinge it on the left side.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-06-2017 05:31 PM
    Yes I did the hinge method. I always hinge it on the left side.
    Cool thanks any particular video on youtube you use? I know people have different methods and yours obviously works.
    11-06-2017 05:34 PM
    Cool thanks any particular video on youtube you use? I know people have different methods and yours obviously works.
    I never used a video. I once bought Anker Glass and they provided hinges and instructions. I just kept the hinges and reuse them every time. But tape will work.
    11-06-2017 05:39 PM
    I never used a video. I once bought Anker Glass and they provided hinges and instructions. I just kept the hinges and reuse them every time. But tape will work.
    cool - thanks @Garz
    11-06-2017 05:41 PM
    My Zagg InvisibleShield Glass+ should be arriving today.
    11-06-2017 06:01 PM
    Yes. Once it’s on there you won’t even notice it
    11-06-2017 06:21 PM
    It can’t fit fully because the curved screen on the edges.
    COMMISSIONERHBK9 likes this.
    11-06-2017 06:36 PM
220 1234 ...