Missed your chance of pre-ordering? Don’t worry, I have some tips for you.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
2 years ago, I didn’t make it to pre-order and when I tried to order my phone in the morning, it says 4-5 weeks of waiting. I can’t wait that long. Luckily, one of my friend told me who has a friend working at Apple store said that they actually get iPhone shipment everyday but only about 5 to 10 in quantity. The secret is, you have to check your Apple store app at exactly 8AM for 5 mins. Keep refreshing it until you see one of your store near you lit up and says available at store. I did it for 3 days straight and was able to reserved and got my phone same day. I hope this helps!

BTW, you can only do this after the launch day going forward.

UPDATE 11/1...

Please read the article below regarding reservation through Apple store for those people who want to take advantage of this tip. It just came out today. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen yet in US on Nov. 4th. However, it will happen on other countries listed in the article after the launch day.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/11/iphone-x-reservations-will-open-on-november-4.html

Last edited:

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
BTW, this also applies to those people who already got a shipping date and can’t wait for 3-6 weeks. You can still make the reservation if you get lucky finding one in store pick up by following my tips above. At the store, once you have your phone in your hand, you can cancel your pre-order as long as it hasn’t shipped yet. This will reset your contract from your carrier so you can activate the phone in the store.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Does this apply now, or from 11/03 onwards as far as checking the website for the pickup option?

I have my alarm set for 7:50am PDT tomorrow morning

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I will try this then next Saturday to see if I can snag one quicker than my preorder one that is set to ship in 2-3 weeks

You’re welcome! That’s what I did before. I canceled my shipping order once I got the phone in the store. But you have to do it at the Apple store once you actually have the phone in your hand. It will reset your contract and you will be able to activate the new phone at the store.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yep, it's painful to do but I did that the last two years. For the 6s+ when I finally decided about a week in to jump to Apple and again last year for my 7+ because they screwed things up for the Upgrade Program people where not only did you have to make an in store appointment to upgrade, but there was a stock bug and a lot of Upgrade Program users were instantly told there was nothing available as soon as pre-orders opened.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
so we need to try it at Nov 3rd?

It's better to try it on Nov. 4th going forward. Launch day would be crazy and they probably have a fix amount of phones on that day. I did it 3 times in a row every morning and I was able to get a reservation on the 3rd day. If you get lucky, you might get it on the 1st try. It all depends on your nearby local store. It's better than several weeks of waiting.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It's better to try it on Nov. 4th going forward. Launch day would be crazy and they probably have a fix amount of phones on that day. I did it 3 times in a row every morning and I was able to get a reservation on the 3rd day. If you get lucky, you might get it on the 1st try. It all depends on your nearby local store. It's better than several weeks of waiting.

Do you remember if you had to do carrier verification for these reservations? I can’t remember. I want to get my hands on a Verizon or Sprint model.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Do you remember if you had to do carrier verification for these reservations? I can’t remember. I want to get my hands on a Verizon or Sprint model.

Update on my initial post. I don’t remember because that was 2 years ago but I was able to reserved mine and canceled the phone at the store that I previously pre-ordered. An article just came out today about reserving a phone through Apple store and I hope this helps.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/11/iphone-x-reservations-will-open-on-november-4.html

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234