Missed your chance of pre-ordering? Don’t worry, I have some tips for you.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
According to that article, this trick only works for outside the US. Lame but good trick nonetheless.

Yes and it's disappointing but it also says for now. I was able to do this 2 years ago here in US so I'm sure it will come but the question is when. That's the reason why I updated my original post so not to mislead people in this forum.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
I got my 6s plus and 7 plus using their reservation system in the second week here in US. It worked great. Looks like they don’t have that for X though so we have to wait and see what’s going on. I have preordered though!

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes and it's disappointing but it also says for now. I was able to do this 2 years ago here in US so I'm sure it will come but the question is when. That's the reason why I updated my original post so not to mislead people in this forum.

Here’s hoping they open it up to the US in week 2

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
So just to clarify, for the U.S., are we still at least able to purchase the phone online and do in-store pick up? I am not talking about what Apple did last year for the 7 series where you could reserve online and not pay until you go to the store to pick up. It sound like the above-mentioned article is referring to the reservation system Apple used for the 7 series.

Can someone confirm if we can still purchase the phone online and choose instore pick up?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So just to clarify, for the U.S., are we still at least able to purchase the phone online and do in-store pick up? I am not talking about what Apple did last year for the 7 series where you could reserve online and not pay until you go to the store to pick up. It sound like the above-mentioned article is referring to the reservation system Apple used for the 7 series.

Can someone confirm if we can still purchase the phone online and choose instore pick up?

This is a reservation only and it’s different from purchasing it online but according to the Article that I read from CNET today, other counties can make reservation starting Nov 4th without paying anything until they get to the store which is the same case for me 2 years ago in the US. Right now, in the US only, they are saying they now require a payment before you pick it up in the store in order for you to make the reservation. I find this ridiculous! The only difference from online ordering is that the system is only looking at the stock in your local store. If they have it available at you local store, you can reserve it.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE...

Check your app today. I found several people this morning are saying store pickup availability are showing on their app. I checked my app and saw several of my nearby Apple stores have store pick up option but only the 256GB. For those people who missed the preorder, check it now if you want to get the iPhone 10 today.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE...

Check your app today. I found several people this morning are saying store pickup availability are showing on their app. I checked my app and saw several of my nearby Apple stores have store pick up option but only the 256GB. For those people who missed the preorder, check it now if you want to get the iPhone 10 today.

There is store availability for almost all models in my area. I am thinking about reserving one for ATT (since it requires acct verification) and then asking them to give me a Verizon model when I get there. I am pretty sure I’ve had success doing that in the past.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

That's what I did at 8"03 this morning and picked it up at 12:30 today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods