Are you getting a Charging Pad?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't think I have room on my night stand for one, and that's the only place I charge my phone. My MBP lives on it, and I don't feel like moving a charging pad every time I want to use my laptop. I'm lazy like that.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
My wireless charger came today. Hope it works good!
168859c725d59014d3982a41d80ebfa6.jpg

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I’m getting the Samsung with Fast charging. The fast charging power brick is already included so the price is a little bit higher plus it’s on sale.

f035ec4c677128109ec81e558d37d1cf.png

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I just discovered that my new wireless charger does not come with a power adapter! It has the USB cable and it says to plug it into my computer
So I’m using a power adapter from Apple that I was using for my Apple Watch, and don’t use anymore. That should work shouldn’t it? Obviously, I can’t know for sure until I get my new phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Are tou getting a Charging Pad?

It's $5 less on Amazon.

Insignia - Wireless Charging Pad - Black

That’s okay. The $5 price difference isn’t a big deal to me. Besides, I’m well beyond the return period....

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered that my new wireless charger does not come with a power adapter! It has the USB cable and it says to plug it into my computer
So I’m using a power adapter from Apple that I was using for my Apple Watch, and don’t use anymore. That should work shouldn’t it? Obviously, I can’t know for sure until I get my new phone.

What’s the wattage? Problem with a lot of the adapters they may not support fast charge. That’s why I went with the Samsung ones. Came with everything. I don’t know enough about the technology yet to buy piecemeal

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought two these Samsung fast chargers a couple of weeks ago. These come with cable and quickcharge 3.0 brick. These chargers are actually rated for up to 10W, iPhones are capped at 7.5w which is still faster than Apple 5w power that’s included in the box.
And I’ll be using my 2017 MacBook Pro 61W charger with Apple usb to lightening cable for fast wireless charging that is capped at 29w

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171028/9a95f79c0dfb45f512ed7207bdd136fc.png

Actually bought one of these yesterday.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Yeah, I noticed that many of the qi chargers on Amazon do not come w/ an adapter. It's good that you shared this so that others are aware.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for sharing this information.

As for the initial question, it will definitely work with a (Apple) charger brick, no doubts there.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting one. I personally don't have a use/need to spend even more money on something that I don't really find all that useful. I've got wireless charging on my S8 and have yet to see why it improves my experience.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm not getting one. I personally don't have a use/need to spend even more money on something that I don't really find all that useful. I've got wireless charging on my S8 and have yet to see why it improves my experience.

I had the Note 7 and have a S8+. I never bothered with getting a wireless charger for those, so I don't really feel the need for one either.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 7 and have a S8+. I never bothered with getting a wireless charger for those, so I don't really feel the need for one either.

Yea, it's a neat feature. But it's not a necessary feature, for me. And since I don't see the necessity in it, that's one area where I can keep money in my pocket, lol.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yea, it's a neat feature. But it's not a necessary feature, for me. And since I don't see the necessity in it, that's one area where I can keep money in my pocket, lol.

The fact that one would take up what little space I already have on my night stand is an issue for me as well. It's not that hard to plug in, especially now that both USB C and Lightning can be plugged in from either side.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
No, too expensive and too hard to use.

I’m not sure where it is too hard to use. It’s a pad laid flat (or propped upright) and you lay your phone on it. That’s it. Just lay your phone on it and your phone starts drawing juice. One could argue, that it’s easier than how we traditionally charge our phones, probably why they have made it an option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh