I’m getting the Samsung with Fast charging. The fast charging power brick is already included so the price is a little bit higher plus it’s on sale.

10-29-2017 05:21 PM
    I use an Insignia wireless charging pad that I keep at my desk at work and it quickly charges my iPhone 8.

https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-MWPC2/5762808
    It's $5 less on Amazon.

Insignia - Wireless Charging Pad - Black
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2017 05:24 PM
    I just discovered that my new wireless charger does not come with a power adapter! It has the USB cable and it says to plug it into my computer
    So I’m using a power adapter from Apple that I was using for my Apple Watch, and don’t use anymore. That should work shouldn’t it? Obviously, I can’t know for sure until I get my new phone.
    10-29-2017 05:37 PM
    It's $5 less on Amazon.

Insignia - Wireless Charging Pad - Black
    That’s okay. The $5 price difference isn’t a big deal to me. Besides, I’m well beyond the return period....
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-29-2017 05:39 PM
    I just discovered that my new wireless charger does not come with a power adapter! It has the USB cable and it says to plug it into my computer
    So I’m using a power adapter from Apple that I was using for my Apple Watch, and don’t use anymore. That should work shouldn’t it? Obviously, I can’t know for sure until I get my new phone.
    What’s the wattage? Problem with a lot of the adapters they may not support fast charge. That’s why I went with the Samsung ones. Came with everything. I don’t know enough about the technology yet to buy piecemeal
    FaisDogg likes this.
    10-29-2017 05:42 PM
    I’d love to get one but alas I have a 2 year old that gets into everything. It would be lost within hours
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-29-2017 05:55 PM
    I bought two these Samsung fast chargers a couple of weeks ago. These come with cable and quickcharge 3.0 brick. These chargers are actually rated for up to 10W, iPhones are capped at 7.5w which is still faster than Apple 5w power that’s included in the box.
    And I’ll be using my 2017 MacBook Pro 61W charger with Apple usb to lightening cable for fast wireless charging that is capped at 29w

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...07bdd136fc.png

Actually bought one of these yesterday.
    10-29-2017 08:33 PM
    Yeah, I noticed that many of the qi chargers on Amazon do not come w/ an adapter. It's good that you shared this so that others are aware.
    10-30-2017 10:07 AM
    Thanks for sharing this information.

As for the initial question, it will definitely work with a (Apple) charger brick, no doubts there.
    10-30-2017 10:19 AM
    I'm not getting one. I personally don't have a use/need to spend even more money on something that I don't really find all that useful. I've got wireless charging on my S8 and have yet to see why it improves my experience.
    10-30-2017 11:46 AM
    I'm not getting one. I personally don't have a use/need to spend even more money on something that I don't really find all that useful. I've got wireless charging on my S8 and have yet to see why it improves my experience.
    I had the Note 7 and have a S8+. I never bothered with getting a wireless charger for those, so I don't really feel the need for one either.
    10-30-2017 11:53 AM
    I had the Note 7 and have a S8+. I never bothered with getting a wireless charger for those, so I don't really feel the need for one either.
    Yea, it's a neat feature. But it's not a necessary feature, for me. And since I don't see the necessity in it, that's one area where I can keep money in my pocket, lol.
    10-30-2017 11:55 AM
    Yea, it's a neat feature. But it's not a necessary feature, for me. And since I don't see the necessity in it, that's one area where I can keep money in my pocket, lol.
    The fact that one would take up what little space I already have on my night stand is an issue for me as well. It's not that hard to plug in, especially now that both USB C and Lightning can be plugged in from either side.
    Quis89 likes this.
    10-30-2017 11:59 AM
    No, too expensive and too hard to use.
    10-31-2017 12:13 PM
    No, too expensive and too hard to use.
    I’m not sure where it is too hard to use. It’s a pad laid flat (or propped upright) and you lay your phone on it. That’s it. Just lay your phone on it and your phone starts drawing juice. One could argue, that it’s easier than how we traditionally charge our phones, probably why they have made it an option.
    mab4285 likes this.
    10-31-2017 12:31 PM
    I completely forgot about it until this thread, so I’m not sure if I’ll get one!! I have an 8 & totally forgot it has wireless charging🤷🏾*♀️
    10-31-2017 04:59 PM
    I'd like to get one but really not sure what to get especially with the comments about power bricks and fast charging. I see the ones on the Apple site mention fast charging with a coming software update so I assume the charger itself already comes with all hardware? I do have a Motorola Quickcharge 2.0 brick from 3 years ago not sure if that would work with some of the other chargers you guys are talking about that support fast charging but don't come with a powerful enough brick?

I'd like to get something that could charge two phones at once, but I only see one poorly reviewed mat on Amazon and a 3 station Ikea thing that probably doesn't support the fast charge. The Apple one coming up looks interesting since it can charge multiple devices but there's no info to say if it would support multiple phones or just one phone and small accessories like the demo video with the watch and airpods.
    10-31-2017 05:38 PM
    I’m getting the Samsung with Fast charging. The fast charging power brick is already included so the price is a little bit higher plus it’s on sale.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...558d37d1cf.png
    I bought the same one
    11-01-2017 10:46 AM
    I'm thinking of getting one, but not sure which one yet.

Does fast charging harm the battery in any way?
    11-02-2017 06:45 PM
    I'm thinking of getting one, but not sure which one yet.

Does fast charging harm the battery in any way?
    It shouldn't. You're more likely to see damage from fully draining and fully charging it repeatedly over time (lithium batteries don't like either of those). I guess it's possible that if you had the phone for a number of years you might somehow notice a difference vs. one that's not fast charged but I doubt it. The electronics responsible for the charging process should prevent anything like that from happening. Android phones have had fast charging for years now and I've never heard of issues from that. Just make sure you're not using some cheap $5 3rd party charger that you bought off Ebay China and you're probably fine.
    11-02-2017 07:01 PM
    Thanks! I'm looking at one of the charging pads on the apple online store.

It seems like the fast charging isn't enabled yet, so I'd just be doing the wireless charging for now.
    11-02-2017 07:44 PM
    Thanks! I'm looking at one of the charging pads on the apple online store.

It seems like the fast charging isn't enabled yet, so I'd just be doing the wireless charging for now.
    Actually that note is about fast wireless charging (which I didn't even realize was a thing until I saw that). You can already do the fast wired charging with the iPad brick and the USB-C setup.
    11-02-2017 08:30 PM
    I would like to get one. Waiting to see what others get and review. Would like one that does 2 phones since my work phone has wireless charging also.
    11-03-2017 09:58 PM
    Not this time around. Never really gotten the hang of wireless charging because...well, I never put my phone down long enough.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    11-03-2017 10:15 PM
    Personally, unlikely. Wireless is slow and unreliable and irritating. Tried it a few times and always given up with it.
    11-04-2017 08:46 AM
58 123