I am curious, and nosy.
    For those that did in Apple shop pickup, any reason why, versus merely awaiting a home/business delivery?

In addition, with the in shop pick up, isn't that a headache, waiting in line for your turn with a teller, etc. ?

Again, nosy and curious...
    10-27-2017 12:20 PM
    I am curious, and nosy.
    For those that did in Apple shop pickup, any reason why, versus merely awaiting a home/business delivery?

In addition, with the in shop pick up, isn't that a headache, waiting in line for your turn with a teller, etc. ?

I prefer the experience of going to the store. I was one of those people who waited in line overnight for the iPhone to launch for years. Also, by the time the app came up for me shipping was out 3 weeks and pickup was available for launch day.
    10-27-2017 12:27 PM
    I do miss the store, simply because they take care of all the work. I can also browse the accessories and spend way more then I need to. I do delivery, because I hate driving almost 2 hours to the store and I’m fairly efficient at swapping phones out at this point. I also skip all the extra spending.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    10-27-2017 12:33 PM
    I prefer delivery all the way hahahaha.
    10-27-2017 05:46 PM
    Delivery. While it’s exciting to go to the store to get it, I had a terrible experience last year. The store by me didn’t care what your pickup window was, so people with later pickup windows (like 7pm) were showing up at 8am and getting attended to before people who arrived at the correct time. The Apple associates didn’t do anything about it.
    10-27-2017 05:54 PM
    Delivery. While it’s exciting to go to the store to get it, I had a terrible experience last year. The store by me didn’t care what your pickup window was, so people with later pickup windows (like 7pm) were showing up at 8am and getting attended to before people who arrived at the correct time. The Apple associates didn’t do anything about it.
    Good thing you told us that. I have 8-8:30 AM window pickup and I hope the Apple store I’m going will not do the same thing as yours. I always pick delivery but this time i have chosen store pick up just for experience being in Apple store on launch day.

I have a question... on my order information still says Order in process and window pickup is Nov 3 between 8-8:30 and it’s been 16 hrs and the status hasn’t changed. Will the status stay like this for several days until it’s ready for you to pick up at the store on launch day?
    10-27-2017 06:17 PM
    Good thing you told us that. I have 8-8:30 AM window pickup and I hope the Apple store I’m going will not do the same thing as yours. I always pick delivery but this time i have chosen store pick up just for experience being in Apple store on launch day.

I have a question... on my order information still says Order in process and window pickup is Nov 3 between 8-8:30 and it’s been 16 hrs and the status hasn’t changed. Will the status stay like this for several days until it’s ready for you to pick up at the store on launch day?
    Good question — I actually don’t remember. You shouldn’t need to worry about in store pickups. They will have it ready for you unless you hear otherwise.

I hope no other Apple Store does what the one closest to me does. If I ever decide to do in store pickup again, I will go to the other one near me. They seem to have a better handle on things.
    EagleFox007 likes this.
    10-27-2017 06:20 PM
    Good question — I actually don’t remember. You shouldn’t need to worry about in store pickups. They will have it ready for you unless you hear otherwise.

I hope no other Apple Store does what the one closest to me does. If I ever decide to do in store pickup again, I will go to the other one near me. They seem to have a better handle on things.
    Thank you!
    10-27-2017 06:54 PM
    In store pickup so I’m not in the House like a hostage all day waiting for fedex!
    10-27-2017 07:44 PM
    In store pickup so I’m not in the House like a hostage all day waiting for fedex!
    So true! That’s how I felt when I was waiting for my iPhone delivery 2 years ago that’s why I opted for store pickup this time. LOL!
    ray6712 likes this.
    10-27-2017 09:09 PM
    So true! That’s how I felt when I was waiting for my iPhone delivery 2 years ago that’s why I opted for store pickup this time. LOL!

Man it’s funny how any other time a delivery isn’t a big deal but the phones coming I’ll be out front with binoculars and a flashlight LOL!!!!! Pick up for me
    zachpenguin and EagleFox007 like this.
    11-01-2017 10:14 PM
    Man it’s funny how any other time a delivery isn’t a big deal but the phones coming I’ll be out front with binoculars and a flashlight LOL!!!!! Pick up for me
    LOL! I actually setup a camping chair outside my front door waiting for the UPS to arrive the whole day! It finally arrived almost 8PM. The truck driver said, he is mostly delivering phones the whole day and due to my location, I'm the last one on his list.
    11-01-2017 10:32 PM
    How long will the store hold the phone? For example, I have a pick up scheduled for tomorrow, but might not be able to make it until Sunday.....
    11-02-2017 06:38 PM
    My phone is ready for pickup tomorrow!! YESSSS!!!

11-02-2017 08:46 PM
    How long will the store hold the phone? For example, I have a pick up scheduled for tomorrow, but might not be able to make it until Sunday.....
    You should call the store. I think they will only hold it for 24 hours but not sure.
    11-02-2017 08:48 PM
    Atlanta, GA Apple shop had, yes, had a few for pick up today...
    11-05-2017 07:25 AM
    My phone is ready for pickup tomorrow!! YESSSS!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...74f37a3c15.png
    I'm curious how your pickup experience went? Did you have to wait long to pick up the phone?
    11-05-2017 02:20 PM
    I'm curious how your pickup experience went? Did you have to wait long to pick up the phone?
    No, there’s a separate line for walk-in customer and for those people who have pickup appointment. Got in to the store right away.
    11-05-2017 02:27 PM
    I am curious, and nosy.

When I ordered my iPhone 8 via the Apple Store app and selected the in-Store pickup option, it worked out great for me. I chose the in-Store option because I didn’t want anyone snooping through the neighborhood looking for packages left in front of my door, especially knowing how the media would hype the iPhone launch day. Anyway, there were multiplayer or lines. One for those who had Genius Bar appointments, one for a class (I think) and then the one for in-Store pickups. I think I was in and out in 15 minutes or less. If I thought for one second that the line would be ridiculously long, there’s no way I would have stood in it. I don’t have that kind of patience....
    11-05-2017 03:16 PM
    As for my iPhone X, I didn’t pre-order at all and still grabbed one the day after launch day........There were 4 people in line, but the store was packed. I was there 20 minutes tops, perhaps.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    11-05-2017 03:18 PM
    I did an Apple in shop pickup today. I was in and out in 6 minutes.
    At 06:00 this morning, I cancelled my pre-order, and then ordered via Apple.com. Put it this way, that's how I'm doing it the next time...

As for my iPhone X, I didn’t pre-order at all and still grabbed one the day after launch day........There were 4 people in line, but the store was packed. I was there 20 minutes tops, perhaps.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-05-2017 07:23 PM