So I’m hoping this is possible .... I have a launch day ATT model iphone X ... but I’d like to get my hands on a Verizon or Sprint model since it has CDMA and I will be traveling overseas and will need it. I remember last year there was a link to the apple store that allowed us to reserve a different carrier’s model without needing to go through carrier verification. Does anyone know that link? I know I used it last year to get my Verizon model, which I used on AT&T.

Or, alternatively, if there are other vendors who will sell the device without carrier verification, that would be ok, too. Not sure if Best Buy would do that?
    Last edited by eyecrispy; 10-27-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    10-27-2017 10:23 AM
    I am hoping to get an answer as well. I am cricket wireless user so my only option is to get a unlocked version so I couldn't pre-order.

Edit: I was impatient and pre-order verizon model from Best buy. I will activate the phone with Verizon sim card so it will be unlocked. If I use cricket sim to active, does it look to cricket wireless?
    Last edited by krazyatom; 10-27-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    10-27-2017 01:25 PM
    I am hoping to get an answer as well. I am cricket wireless user so my only option is to get a unlocked version so I couldn't pre-order.

Edit: I was impatient and pre-order verizon model from Best buy. I will activate the phone with Verizon sim card so it will be unlocked. If I use cricket sim to active, does it look to cricket wireless?
    Are you going to cancel your Verizon plan after you get the phone then?

Last year, someone shared a link to reserve the phones straight from Apple without needing to verify with a cell company. I think it was for the iphone upgrade program. I’m hoping someone here has that same link for the iphone X. That was how I got my Verizon iPhone 7.
    10-27-2017 03:56 PM
    I just ordered without the plan so I am not cancelling anything.
    10-27-2017 04:24 PM
    I just ordered without the plan so I am not cancelling anything.
    How’d you do that?
    10-27-2017 06:44 PM
    I think I ordered one for $1249 but I cancelled!
    10-27-2017 07:01 PM
    I think I ordered one for $1249 but I cancelled!
    Oh. I looked at Best Buy and they wanted carrier verification. That’s why I was confused.
    aidmyaim likes this.
    10-27-2017 07:10 PM
    Oh. I looked at Best Buy and they wanted carrier verification. That’s why I was confused.
    I used Android smartphone to order via Google chrome and it doesn't ask for one if you order from mobile site lol. Also you have too choose full payment option.
    10-27-2017 07:26 PM
    I used Android smartphone to order via Google chrome and it doesn't ask for one if you order from mobile site lol. Also you have too choose full payment option.
    Interesting. Had no idea.
    10-28-2017 08:58 AM
    Best Buy on-line never asks me for carrier verification when I purchase a phone for retail price, only if I want to set up monthly carrier payments through it.
    10-28-2017 09:02 AM
    Best Buy on-line never asks me for carrier verification when I purchase a phone for retail price, only if I want to set up monthly carrier payments through it.
    I could’ve sworn it asked me for carrier info. But now that I see they’ve hiked up their prices I’m not sure I want to buy from them. It’s expensive enough.
    10-28-2017 09:51 AM
    I could’ve sworn it asked me for carrier info. But now that I see they’ve hiked up their prices I’m not sure I want to buy from them. It’s expensive enough.
    Don’t pay attention to those prices. Just tell them “price match” when you go to pick it up and they’ll match Apple’s price. I do it all the time.
    10-28-2017 10:47 AM
    Don’t pay attention to those prices. Just tell them “price match” when you go to pick it up and they’ll match Apple’s price. I do it all the time.
    I went on the BB site again and when I select a phone and then a carrier it asks me to enter addition info for the carrier. I thought we could order from Best Buy without a carrier commitment? See images below.

10-28-2017 04:04 PM
    I went on the BB site again and when I select a phone and then a carrier it asks me to enter addition info for the carrier. I thought we could order from Best Buy without a carrier commitment? See images below.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a92b603163.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5650c470e2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...44efc839ed.jpg
    You have to be in their mobile site and pay full price.

Edit. NVM they removed full price option now.
    10-28-2017 05:02 PM
    You have to be in their mobile site and pay full price.

Edit. NVM they removed full price option now.
    Ok so I’m not crazy. You’ve got to sign on with a carrier then? Boo.
    10-28-2017 05:58 PM
    Ok so I’m not crazy. You’ve got to sign on with a carrier then? Boo.
    Yes.
    10-28-2017 06:56 PM