Will bezel-less suck for gaming?

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Let me caveat this by saying that I'm not talking about garbage mobile games that have an attention span of 5 minutes. Nor am I speaking too one finger games (i.e. Clash of Clans) or vertical games (i.e. Dragon Quest) which have some thinking value but wouldn't be affected by this.

I'm talking about MMORPGs mostly (Order and Chaos 1&2, Crusaders of Light, Dragon Revolt, upcoming RuneScape and Villagers and Heros...etc...). Games that you spend hours on. Even include action games that have heavy lifting times like Modern Combat 5 or I'd even throw in Asphault 8 and Real Racing 3.

With my big ol iPhone 7+ there is a solid amount of room for my thumb to reset on either side while playing but judging by my soon to be here iPhone X that area is going away. Looks like my crooked thumbs needs to bend even more inward to compensate.

I am curious how this will affect my sure to be here too soon finger authritis from all this mobile gaming. I guess I'll know if I made a bad trade off in the coming months. :O

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I guess my comments that Clash of Clans and Clash Royale are fine on my S8 won't really answer the question. :( Hopefully in the next few days as iPhone X(s) start arrives an actually owner can reply. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On the iPad Pro, you can rest the palm of your hands while drawing without it interfering. I would like to think that developers have considered something similar with regard to gaming on the iPhone X.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
On the iPad Pro, you can rest the palm of your hands while drawing without it interfering. I would like to think that developers have considered something similar with regard to gaming on the iPhone X.

Or they WILL adjust and update their games. They know where their bread is buttered. iPhone's drive sales (Samsung's too, BUT they also have gone bezel-less! lol)

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Isn't palm rejection built in to iOS for the iPad Pros? I thought it was an across the board thing, not something developers had to do anything special for.

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It’s interesting that the new Razor phone “for gamers” just released and comes with bezels for thumbs (and they hold whomping speakers on either side as well).

I’ll know on Wednesday if the X is worthy or if I need to get a case to compensate.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It’s interesting that the new Razor phone “for gamers” just released and comes with bezels for thumbs (and they hold whomping speakers on either side as well).

I’ll know on Wednesday if the X is worthy or if I need to get a case to compensate.

It's an interesting phone for sure. It's physically the same size as a plus model iPhone, but with sharp corners instead of rounded and a 6" vs 5.5" screen. Hope it lasts longer than their mice do lol.

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It's an interesting phone for sure. It's physically the same size as a plus model iPhone, but with sharp corners instead of rounded and a 6" vs 5.5" screen. Hope it lasts longer than their mice do lol.

Haha...no doubt! It’s getting rave reviews for the speakers and 120hz screen refresh rate on nearly stock android. Even Unbox Therapy is making it his daily driver! Getting some good press for a first gen phone.

For me though, I’m over big phones, but love big screens. Can’t wait for the X to get here Wednesday!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Haha...no doubt! It’s getting rave reviews for the speakers and 120hz screen refresh rate on nearly stock android. Even Unbox Therapy is making it his daily driver! Getting some good press for a first gen phone.

For me though, I’m over big phones, but love big screens. Can’t wait for the X to get here Wednesday!

Yep can't wait either, mine is tomorrow :) Definitely over the big phones too. When I came from Android the non-plus iPhones were the same physical body size roughly (like within an 1/8" or less) as my Android phone which I thought was the perfect size, but the iPhone had a .5" less screen size and the plus was .25" more in screen size. I didn't want to lose screen real estate so I went with the Plus. Really looking forward to going back to a smaller physical size but still a bigger screen.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
9ed1de52650d75dc77f0da59591dbcea.jpg
b8ac88e2b8d512509337baaa938fbcdb.jpg

From two games I tried. You may not be able to see it but for brothers, there is a blacked out portions of the screen on both sides.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2