Official: Waiting up for iPhone X Pre-order pajama party!

Gadgetry

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I got a 256gb Space Gray ordered through apple.com. This is my first time ever pre-ordering anything. I’d read a couple sites, incl. here, how to best get your order in using the app...well the app didn’t work at all in terms of letting me order. Just kept showing the same static screen that started about 6pm ET. I hopped onto the AT&T app and it showed a 17 minute wait so then I popped open my Surface Book and went to apple.com and got my order placed and confirmation email by 3:09 ET. I don’t think the static screen changed on the app for me until after 3:15. Currently showing an arrival date of 11/3 for the phone and 11/1 for the case. Unfortunately it’s shipping to my parents house where my address was set to on AT&T while we were in the process of moving 2 years ago so I have 100 mile drive to pick it up (long story).

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Got up at 2:45. The app never refreshed for me while @Rob Phillips sent me a screen shot of his order confirmation. Switched to the browser as I had my MBP open and started there. Got hung up on the VZW PIN number which I finally remembered. Switched back to the app which was giving me errors too (on both LTE and Wifi) so I just moved forward with my MBP. Had everything entered, hit submit, and it said it was having trouble with applications and I'd hear back within 8 hours. So I went to bed. This morning I have the "couldn't process your order" email so I just did an order for an 8 Plus I'll be picking up at lunch time ;)

You should have been better prepared. 🤪
Since you’re going through iUP this year you can get prequalified ahead of time next year. It was a life saver for me. The whole purchase process took maybe 15 seconds last night.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I got a 256gb Space Gray ordered through apple.com. This is my first time ever pre-ordering anything. I’d read a couple sites, incl. here, how to best get your order in using the app...well the app didn’t work at all in terms of letting me order. Just kept showing the same static screen that started about 6pm ET. I hopped onto the AT&T app and it showed a 17 minute wait so then I popped open my Surface Book and went to apple.com and got my order placed and confirmation email by 3:09 ET. I don’t think the static screen changed on the app for me until after 3:15. Currently showing an arrival date of 11/3 for the phone and 11/1 for the case. Unfortunately it’s shipping to my parents house where my address was set to on AT&T while we were in the process of moving 2 years ago so I have 100 mile drive to pick it up (long story).

The last two years shutting off WiFi immediately kicked the app into gear when it was stuck on the static screen. I’m not sure why. I’m thinking the ISPs are getting overloaded with requests or it’s blocking me because I’m refreshing the app a thousand times. Who knows.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You should have been better prepared. ??????
Since you’re going through iUP this year you can get prequalified ahead of time next year. It was a life saver for me. The whole purchase process took maybe 15 seconds last night.

That's why I'm getting the 8 Plus through Apple which will take me a little longer to pick up but I'll be in the IUP which will help next time.
I'm sure the data entry was what got me with my tired old eyes ;)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The last two years shutting off WiFi immediately kicked the app into gear when it was stuck on the static screen. I’m not sure why. I’m thinking the ISPs are getting overloaded with requests or it’s blocking me because I’m refreshing the app a thousand times. Who knows.

I tried that after you said it, force quit the app, and relaunched it a few times. Plus my LTE coverage is terrible at my house but it was at least working.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried that after you said it, force quit the app, and relaunched it a few times. Plus my LTE coverage is terrible at my house but it was at least working.

I’m just saying what worked for “me”. What works for “you” might be completely different.

ravenseb

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
e34a020ebac004cac10f6c358cd3f185.jpg

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Decided to log into Tmobile and see what the ship times are and they still have Nov 3, so I ordered one and will cancel my Apple order if it actually shows up on the 3rd.

Last edited:

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Lol here I was thinking I have been posting in this thread like earlier but just noticed I’ve been posting in the other official waiting room. I was wondering where everyone was. I missed all the fun

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

Damn 4hrs later and I had to use one of my other lines. Still having trouble with the original line I wanted to use but at least t-force Twitter actually tried and is still trying. Don’t ask me why I didn’t think of the other line earlier. I blame being pissed

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
If anyone having trouble ordering from Apple store, try Best Buy. It’s 8:08AM here Central time and you can store pick up on Nov 10th. Still a lot better than what Apple store website is showing right now 5-6 weeks. Try your local Best Buy store, maybe you can still get the Nov. 3rd date.

95cbfd9486270b1728cd7b72c85a844b.png

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If anyone having trouble ordering from Apple store, try Best Buy. It’s 8:08AM here Central time and you can store pick up on Nov 10th. Still a lot better than what Apple store website is showing right now 5-6 weeks. Try your local Best Buy store, maybe you can still get the Nov. 3rd date.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171027/95cbfd9486270b1728cd7b72c85a844b.png

Some carriers also have models available for 11/3 still. AT&T still have the 64GB silver for that date. And the 256GB from 11/2-11/10 ship date. Good to check with carrier as well.

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Some carriers also have models available for 11/3 still. AT&T still have the 64GB silver for that date. And the 256GB from 11/2-11/10 ship date. Good to check with carrier as well.

Thanx for that info.... I just did the preorder through ATT. I'll just cancel my Apple order once I get my shipping info from ATT.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Got a 256 GB Silver. App opened at 2:02 am and I was done by 2:03 am. I got the confirmation email from Apple and from Citizen's One showing that the new loan was approved. No pending charge on my credit card. Since I have an Apple Store close by I did in store pickup on Nov. 3. Even with the few seconds it took to select a pickup window it was probably the easiest/fastest I have ever gotten a new iPhone. I have gotten phones in the past by randomly walking into Sprint at 11 am on launch day (iPhone 5s), pre-ordering through Sprint (iPhone 6 Plus - which was a complete disaster and the only time I didn't get a phone on launch day.), standing outside Sprint at 6:30 am on launch day (iPhone 6s Plus) and iUP for the iPhone 7 last year. I doubt I will ever order any way other than iUP in the future.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Judging by some of the local Craigslist postings very few deliveries/pick-ups are expected Nov. 3rd. It really feels like low inventory allocation for launch in Canada, at least for Apple-direct devices.