Official: Waiting up for iPhone X Pre-order pajama party!

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Store pickup is the way to go.
Last time I got on on release day (the one I wanted) was the 6S plus. Drove all the way to Atlantic City to get it. Was watching Techrax drop test on it on the way back. :laughing:

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I placed order using the Apple Store App, and it looked like order went through. Pick up at my local Apple store. I have not received confirmation email from Apple yet and when I look at the Apple Store App the only thing I see is when I go into my Account and click on iPhone Upgrade program and check on Upgrade Eligibility it says “Your iPhone Upgrade is Pending, please check your account for latest details on your order”. DUH. . . I am checking my account. If I click on “My Orders” it says “You don’t have any orders”. Really?

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not showing a pending transaction on my PayPal card, do you think I should call them?

If they couldn't reach the carrier you SHOULD have one reserved but not paid. The site informed me that I would have 24 hours AFTER receiving that confirmation of handshake with the carrier system to buy or I would have to start over. I have a PIN on my account and did not trust this so I kept trying and on the 3rd attempt it went through. Of course now the ship date has slipped but some stores within reasonable driving distance from me are still showing availability on the 3rd.

HBennis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
App for store was 8 mins and didn’t show me store pick up ended up on the 2-3 weeks batch (256, Silver).

Question: historically when Apple says 2-3 weeks is it precautionary only and usually comes in faster than this, or that’s pretty much been the actual delivery times?

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If they couldn't reach the carrier you SHOULD have one reserved but not paid. The site informed me that I would have 24 hours AFTER receiving that confirmation of handshake with the carrier system to buy or I would have to start over. I have a PIN on my account and did not trust this so I kept trying and on the 3rd attempt it went through. Of course now the ship date has slipped but some stores within reasonable driving distance from me are still showing availability on the 3rd.

I don't see a pending transaction for the order that went through, but I received a confirmation email. I didn't receive an email for the reservation involving the second order. PayPal is closed as of now, but I don't think Apple would've accepted the order if the charge was declined, right?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I have two temp auth on my card, one for 0$ and the other is the price of my dark aubergine case (ordered it after the phone, delivers Wednesday )

Phone order shows up in the app as received now.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
And now I wait...

4907da29ef3c6c892cc0b62503e7aa4d.jpg

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
If the charge was declined you most likely would not have been able to complete the order process, it would tell you to choose another form of payment. I use AMEX and the app instantly notified me that I was charged $1149. That's probably a hold and will drop off until pickup I'd imagine.

The second order is probably a reservation since they could not contact the carrier. If the system works you SHOULD get an email when they have contacted the carrier and then be able to pay for it.

I don't see a pending transaction for the order that went through, but I received a confirmation email. I didn't receive an email for the reservation involving the second order. PayPal is closed as of now, but I don't think Apple would've accepted the order if the charge was declined, right?

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I noticed alot of 64gb preorders, isn’t that low of memory pretty much pointless?

Not really. If you don't take a LOT of UHD60 video and keep things cleaned up regularly, 64GB is manageable for the most part. For me 256 is a no brainer as there is no way to upgrade. And this is why Apple will never have expandable memory because it will kill off the higher capacity devices.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If the charge was declined you most likely would not have been able to complete the order process, it would tell you to choose another form of payment. I use AMEX and the app instantly notified me that I was charged $1149. That's probably a hold and will drop off until pickup I'd imagine.

The second order is probably a reservation since they could not contact the carrier. If the system works you SHOULD get an email when they have contacted the carrier and then be able to pay for it.

That's great news, I checked with a friend of mine and he isn't showing a preauthorization either (although he has a later shipping date). I still haven't received the email for the reservation, but Apple's system keeps telling me I have one pending (I tried to preorder one using the number associated with the reservation).

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I noticed alot of 64gb preorders, isn’t that low of memory pretty much pointless?

4K downloads are not allowed from iTunes and I never record video really so 64GB should be enough. I also could not stomach the extra $250 per device just for extra storage. I'm already on the fence whether I should keep the device or not. It's just too much money for so little, plus I already have an S8+ and a BlackBerry KEYone Black Edition.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro