Preorder vs walk-in question *

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Morning everyone,I’m on the AT&T next program and have been upgrading in the Apple store on launch day the past few years WITHOUT preordering. Due to the limited supply do you think if I get to my store 4 hours early I’ll have a shot at snagging one ? I definitely read that Apple stores will have availability for walk ins first come first serve.. Any input or opinions? I appreciate it thank you.
~Mike

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Morning everyone,I’m on the AT&T next program and have been upgrading in the Apple store on launch day the past few years WITHOUT preordering. Due to the limited supply do you think if I get to my store 4 hours early I’ll have a shot at snagging one ? I definitely read that Apple stores will have availability for walk ins first come first serve.. Any input or opinions? I appreciate it thank you.
~Mike

Traditionally, people camp out of  Stores days before the release of new iPhone models. Availability depends on the stock each store has and the amount of Apple fanboys in your area. It’ll be significantly different for this launch, due to the hype around the iPhone X design and all that. I expect much more people to be camping out this time around. Best option would be to pre-order and avoid taking any risks.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
~Mike

4 hours is not enough especially with all the hype and shortage news everyone is talking about. I tried lining up at midnight 2 years ago and I was 95th person on the line. I almost didn’t make it because they only have 100 phones available for walk-in. This is the iPhone 6S release.

Best thing to do is pre-order it tonight and if it’s available for store pick-up choose that one. You have to be fast though in pre-ordering because in 5 mins it will be sold out. If you didn’t make it to the pre-order, you can line up on Nov 3rd but be very early. Try to go to your local store at night before the launch day and see how many people are lining up. That’s the only way you can tell when it’s time for you to line up.

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Traditionally, people camp out of  Stores days before the release of new iPhone models. Availability depends on the stock each store has and the amount of Apple fanboys in your area. It’ll be significantly different for this launch, due to the hype around the iPhone X design and all that. I expect much more people to be camping out this time around. Best option would be to pre-order and avoid taking any risks.

Thank you for your input I appreciate it dude

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
4 hours is not enough especially with all the hype and shortage news everyone is talking about. I tried lining up at midnight 2 years ago and I was 95th person on the line. I almost didn’t make it because they only have 100 phones available for walk-in. This is the iPhone 6S release.

Best thing to do is pre-order it tonight and if it’s available for store pick-up choose that one. You have to be fast though in pre-ordering because in 5 mins it will be sold out. If you didn’t make it to the pre-order, you can line up on Nov 3rd but be very early. Try to go to your local store at night before the launch day and see how many people are lining up. That’s the only way you can tell when it’s time for you to line up.

Ok cool gonna try that then . Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
~Mike

It’s definitely up to you but 2 years ago I was indecisive about ordering a new phone and so didn’t do the online preorder. The day before launch I drove over to the  store to scope it out and saw that a line was forming and so I decided I would sit it overnight. I used to wait in the lines and it was always fun meeting new people and chatting. Long story short I got in line around 10 pm and there were probably about 30 or 40 people queued up and around 9 am I found out they didn’t have the model I wanted. I didn’t want to compromise so I left and went to work. The next day I woke up around 7ish and I went online and reserved the exact model of phone I wanted for pick up at 10 am at an  store about 25 minutes from my house.

I’ll never wait in the line again. I will preorder or do an in store pick up but I’m not chancing it again. Lesson learned!