What initial problem do you think X will have?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see one problem being many users will be disappointed with the screen size. Many believe it's a huge screen in a small phone. And that's just not so.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But it’s still larger than the 8 and only barely smaller than the 8 Plus, just a different aspect ratio.

It's basically the same width as the 4.7" model. Both are 375 points across. The X is just taller. That 5.8" diagonal measurement is very steep. The 5.5" is a little shorter, but wider.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That’s what I’m going to love about it. I’ll even deal with the longer aspect ratio for it.

Many will like it, especially those accustomed to the 4.7". I'm just saying there will be those whose expectations of a huge screen will be disappointed. According to this, the X actually has a smaller screen size than the 5.5" model. It went over my head when it got down to the math part.
https://www.phonearena.com/news/App...an-the-5.5-inch-iPhone-8-Plus-display_id98116

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Some may indeed be a little disappointed, but they’ll quickly adjust to it.

Most probably will. I'm curious if the returns or exchanges will be more than the norm. One person already was disappointed in the size when he received his protective screen for his X. Most of us in the forums have a good idea what it will be. But out in the wild, many have no clue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Most probably will. I'm curious if the returns or exchanges will be more than the norm. One person already was disappointed in the size when he received his protective screen for his X. Most of us in the forums have a good idea what it will be. But out in the wild, many have no clue.

Yeah, I agree, but I still think that they’ll adjust and move about their business. I see more 4.7” “iPhone” devices than I do the 5.5” models, and also, we can discount those who buy the newest flagship iPhone every year, regardless.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping for no flaws at all but the swipe gestures worry me a little since it's the only device using this. It worked well on BlackBerry 10 devices hopefully Apple has this gesture perfected.

Merecat

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
I think the problem will be people longing for the Touch ID, and not liking the face ID. Also, availability will also be an issue as well I think

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site

Very true. On Android,I was really excited about the LG G6 with a 5.7 inch screen in such a small form factor. The problem was that I didn't realize the ratio of 18x9 made for a much narrower screen and it was a smaller display than more traditional 5.7 inch screens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox