What initial problem do you think X will have?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Lack of apps that are updated for the notch. There are still some apps that still haven't been updated for the 4.7" and 5.5" inch screens.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm talking about changes that get around the notch. For example, Tweetbot recently updated their app for that very thing.

Well if they intentionally redesign an app to work around the notch rather than ignoring it they’re sure to receive an infraction of some kind from Apple if the app isn’t pulled until it’s fixed. Apple was very clear developers were to ignore the notch and pretend it wasn’t there.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well if they intentionally redesign an app to work around the notch rather than ignoring it they’re sure to receive an infraction of some kind from Apple if the app isn’t pulled until it’s fixed. Apple was very clear developers were to ignore the notch and pretend it wasn’t there.

I highly doubt that. Didn't Apple make it clear to devs that around June of last year all apps had to be updated to modern standards or else they'd be pulled?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt that. Didn't Apple make it clear to devs that around June of last year all apps had to be updated to modern standards or else they'd be pulled?

Moving from 32-Bit to 64-Bit architecture is different from redesigning an app to specifically move around something on the device. Apple wants everyone to pretend the notch doesn’t exist. They want you to pretend the screen is still there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods