Losing interest in upgrading

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my 6s Plus, and like it. I'll probably upgrade next year. I'm not one that has to have the latest greatest each year. If you don't want to upgrade, then don't.

Agreed! My 6S Plus is still going strong and doesn’t show signs of slowing down any time soon!

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I’d upgrade if Verizon wasn’t paying for my iPhone 7 each month because of a promotion.

But what’s this about battery life being bad on the X? I thought it would be improved?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’d upgrade if Verizon wasn’t paying for my iPhone 7 each month because of a promotion.

But what’s this about battery life being bad on the X? I thought it would be improved?

Apple claimed that it’ll be better than the iPhone 8’s battery by 2 hours. I do hope the battery life is alright, I would love for Apple to create a Smart Battery case for it too.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Apple claimed that it’ll be better than the iPhone 8’s battery by 2 hours. I do hope the battery life is alright, I would love for Apple to create a Smart Battery case for it too.

I guess that’s alright. I find the 7 battery to be fairly poor and I tend to charge mid day.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I guess that’s alright. I find the 7 battery to be fairly poor and I tend to charge mid day.

I was hesitant to get the 7 hearing how bad the battery was. I had the SE which had great battery life.
Got a 7 recently used off EBay and have been very happy. Battery life has been excellent. Not as good as the SE but still don’t have to charge more than once a day.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was hesitant to get the 7 hearing how bad the battery was. I had the SE which had great battery life.
Got a 7 recently used off EBay and have been very happy. Battery life has been excellent. Not as good as the SE but still don’t have to charge more than once a day.

Battery life, for the most part, is determined by one’s usage. I’ve always had great battery life with my iPhone over the years with a occasional drain due to a corrupt setting, rogue app or not playing well with a specific beta build until I restore. With my iPhone 8, I’m quite satisfied with the battery life.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Battery life, for the most part, is determined by one’s usage. I’ve always had great battery life with my iPhone over the years with a occasional drain due to a corrupt setting, rogue app or not playing well with a specific beta build until I restore. With my iPhone 8, I’m quite satisfied with the battery life.

Absolutely true.
I don’t have a ton of social apps running in the background or checking Facebook constantly for instance. I don’t watch videos all day either. Those can make a big difference.
I’m mostly email, text, news, weather, stocks, reminders, etc. basic functionality.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was just thinking the same thing.

So I took a trip over to the  store to take a look at the 8 and I’m definitely going to get an X. As soon as I saw the new phone I wanted it! It just triggered me and I was like must have new phone. Lol it’s stupid but that was the kick in the pants I needed to reinvigorate myself.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So I took a trip over to the  store to take a look at the 8 and I’m definitely going to get an X. As soon as I saw the new phone I wanted it! It just triggered me and I was like must have new phone. Lol it’s stupid but that was the kick in the pants I needed to reinvigorate myself.

Wait, the iPhone X was on display at your Apple () Store?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I normally upgrade my phone every year to maximize the resale but as time has passed my initial zest for an iPhone X has waned.

Anyone else losing interest? I’m also not really into either of the color options. I like my rose gold colored phone and actually go case free a lot so I don’t fall into it will just be in case so the color doesn’t matter situation.

If you haven’t lost interest what features are keeping you on the hook?
Not sure Apple knows what they want at this point two totally different devices were launched this year. Which direction is Apple heading? Also the production of the 8 was cut in half last week due to lack of sales seems people are thinking the same thing.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure Apple knows what they want at this point two totally different devices were launched this year. Which direction is Apple heading? Also the production of the 8 was cut in half last week due to lack of sales seems people are thinking the same thing.

I think Apple knows exactly which direction it’s going - no more buttons. I don’t think that Apple releasing two different phones shows indecision rather it’s telling us to prepare for the future.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Battery life should be great if it’s what Apple is claiming I don’t see a huge drop from 8 plus.

63b5d89c5176d33cd0813d6987690a14.png

cc0e76616013c2002dbee53fc05b8956.png

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Personally for me I’m usually super excited for new phones every year. Honestly this year the pixel 2 was more interesting to me than the X. I have never went a year without upgrading to a new phone but this year is looking like the year. I’m just not too moved by the “game changing” technology. I don’t feel like this phone is changing the industry, and while it’s cool to have faceID the other specs are close enough now to my 7plus that I just can’t justify in my head upgrading.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Personally for me I’m usually super excited for new phones every year. Honestly this year the pixel 2 was more interesting to me than the X. I have never went a year without upgrading to a new phone but this year is looking like the year. I’m just not too moved by the “game changing” technology. I don’t feel like this phone is changing the industry, and while it’s cool to have faceID the other specs are close enough now to my 7plus that I just can’t justify in my head upgrading.

It may be beneficial to wait anyway. Think about how often the next leap in technology has bugs and other hardware issues. By the time the Xs or whatever they call it arrives they’ll be ironed out.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Not only am I NOT interested in the X, I simply do not like it. I just think it's bad design. Along with that, I find these things annoying:
1. No Touch ID...biggie for me. Why would you do away with something that you've honed into working dang near perfectly? I get that they say Face ID is more secure. So what. Be aware. It's users' responsibility to take care of their phone.

2. The no bezel craze really has me stumped man...I just don't get the rush and want to have ALL screen. I guess I'm not that excited about it. I think the chances of hitting something inadvertently goes up ten-fold.

3. The notch. It's dumb, can't convince me otherwise.

4. The turd bar at the bottom and swipe up to get home. Whatever. It looks janky and cheap.

Nothing no one has ever said before but like many, I usually upgrade every year. I am not this year, and I'll stick with the 7Plus for the time being. If this is the future of smartphones from Apple, I don't know if I'm onboard just yet.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was all hyped on the X and talked myself out of it and got the 8-Plus. Amazed with the battery life. I have not been below 74% at the end of my busiest days. Sometimes with basic use I am at 100% still at lunch time. Love the cameras, screen, great sound, wireless charging, etc. I talked myself out of the X. Now as it's approaching I am thinking about the X again. I am not going to pre-order, but if/when they actually are in stock in stores in 2018 I will look at it. I still have another upgrade if I want, but likely I will just pay cash and sell my iPhone 7 that my wife is using and give her the 8-Plus. That's if I decide to get it. I am not in any rush. I am really happy with the 8-Plus and there is nothing besides the form factor and OLED edge-to-edge that makes the X interesting for me anymore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW