Losing interest in upgrading

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I normally upgrade my phone every year to maximize the resale but as time has passed my initial zest for an iPhone X has waned.

Anyone else losing interest? I’m also not really into either of the color options. I like my rose gold colored phone and actually go case free a lot so I don’t fall into it will just be in case so the color doesn’t matter situation.

If you haven’t lost interest what features are keeping you on the hook?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The amoled screen and getting dual cameras without having to be as unwieldy as the plus model is. I plan to keep the X 2+ years (which is different than my yearly upgrades). That is only reason I am holding out.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using my 6s Plus, and like it. I'll probably upgrade next year. I'm not one that has to have the latest greatest each year. If you don't want to upgrade, then don't.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Excited about the X, might even preorder it. I like the smaller form factor no home button and face id.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I normally upgrade my phone every year to maximize the resale but as time has passed my initial zest for an iPhone X has waned.

Anyone else losing interest? I’m also not really into either of the color options. I like my rose gold colored phone and actually go case free a lot so I don’t fall into it will just be in case so the color doesn’t matter situation.

I was only interested in the edge to edge display and I contemplated getting both the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X. Having said that, all desire for the iPhone X disappeared about 48 tops hours after getting my iPhone 8, and I’m being quite generous......In fact, colleague who works in my office was also considering getting an I phone 8 Plus and an iPhone X, and he too has opted not to get the X.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If Apple decides that they're going to completely remove FingerPrint ID with a Home button, then I more than likely will never be upgrading again. This is why I purchased an 8 Plus instead of the 10.

As for the color.... I'm so very much loving this new muted rose gold. It's gorgeous! I've never cared for plain black or grey phones.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
If Apple decides that they're going to completely remove FingerPrint ID with a Home button, then I more than likely will never be upgrading again. This is why I purchased an 8 Plus instead of the 10.

As for the color.... I'm so very much loving this new muted rose gold. It's gorgeous! I've never cared for plain black or grey phones.

Yeah I’m not sure that I want to give up my Touch ID. I’m indifferent to the home button itself but I like Touch ID. So many of my apps have integrated Touch ID and I’m not sure I’m into having to pick up my phone and looking at it to unlock the phone and various apps.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery Life and Wireless Charging alone is worth the upgrade!

Battery life is not a concern of mine at all. I’m so used to plugging my phone in when it’s an option that I couldn’t tell you the last time I was out and my phone actually died. I thought wireless charging would be appealing but then I realized that will just be another thing sitting on my nightstand taking up space.

If I could’ve order the phone sooner I probably wouldn’t have had time to talk myself out of it. I’m just finding the longer I wait the more disinterested I’m becoming. Which is normally so unlike me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I’m getting the iPhone X for two simple reasons. I love new technologies and I can. If I couldn’t afford it I would chill with my iPhone 7 because it is just a device. However I can afford it and I enjoy using new features and technologies. I’m excited for the form factor. I’m excited to try Face ID and see how quick it unlocks. Ever since I got my Apple Watch I wondered when an iPhone would have a screen with tap to wake so that is another thing I can’t wait to use.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m getting the iPhone X for two simple reasons. I love new technologies and I can. If I couldn’t afford it I would chill with my iPhone 7 because it is just a device. However I can afford it and I enjoy using new features and technologies. I’m excited for the form factor. I’m excited to try Face ID and see how quick it unlocks. Ever since I got my Apple Watch I wondered when an iPhone would have a screen with tap to wake so that is another thing I can’t wait to use.

Your love of new technology is a very good point. I will probably get the phone if anything because I want the new new.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Your love of new technology is a very good point. I will probably get the phone if anything because I want the new new.

Everyone loves something in this world. It’s why we all have hobbies. Some people love to upgrade their house, some people love to upgrade their car, some love spending money on photography gear, some love to buy a ton of beer sit in their livingroom with friends and watch TV. I love technology and computers. It’s my vice and if I like the iPhone X and can afford it I will get it for me it’s that simple. This is not everyone’s attitude and if it’s a major expense and you need to justify it there is zero wrong with that it’s just a different outlook. I only buy iPhones I’m not interested in other devices. So for me this is the best iPhone out right now so I’ll buy it.

raphie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Me too. The size is why I was on the fence. Maybe a X+ if that happens.
I feel like I need to see it and hold it before. Guess that means into 2018 for me.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to stay with the 7 Plus a while longer. None of the new phones will with with Tmobile's 600 MHz band and that's a big deal with me right now since Tmo signal is horrible inside buildings here. If the next phones are compatible then I'll consider upgrading.

Plus.....I'm just not all that thrilled with the X.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to stay with the 7 Plus a while longer. None of the new phones will with with Tmobile's 600 MHz band and that's a big deal with me right now since Tmo signal is horrible inside buildings here. If the next phones are compatible then I'll consider upgrading.

Plus.....I'm just not all that thrilled with the X.

I hit he pause button when I found out that it wouldn't be compatible with T-Mobile's new network as well. Also the notch at the top is hideous. I guess I'll take the wait and see approach. Right now pre-ordering is off the table. I might just hold on to my 7 and just order the Pixel XL2 instead of ordering them both.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Nope. If anything I’m getting more excited as the day grows closer. If people lose interest and don’t order, less competition at 3:01am