Losing interest in upgrading

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was all hyped on the X and talked myself out of it and got the 8-Plus. Amazed with the battery life. I have not been below 74% at the end of my busiest days. Sometimes with basic use I am at 100% still at lunch time. Love the cameras, screen, great sound, wireless charging, etc. I talked myself out of the X. Now as it's approaching I am thinking about the X again. I am not going to pre-order, but if/when they actually are in stock in stores in 2018 I will look at it. I still have another upgrade if I want, but likely I will just pay cash and sell my iPhone 7 that my wife is using and give her the 8-Plus. That's if I decide to get it. I am not in any rush. I am really happy with the 8-Plus and there is nothing besides the form factor and OLED edge-to-edge that makes the X interesting for me anymore. That being said, I am not sure if I want edge-to-edge

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I normally upgrade my phone every year to maximize the resale but as time has passed my initial zest for an iPhone X has waned.

Anyone else losing interest? I’m also not really into either of the color options. I like my rose gold colored phone and actually go case free a lot so I don’t fall into it will just be in case so the color doesn’t matter situation.

If you haven’t lost interest what features are keeping you on the hook?

I know the feeling!

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I decided this year to a wait and see. I'll read the reviews and get some hands on before I decide to buy. I'm not in a big hurry since I have a Note8.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I’ve pre-ordered and got collection for 3rd but I’m wondering if I even need to bother.... I got an 8+ and love it, the X is generally the same phone packaged a bit different, is it not?! Lol just seems a waste of money D’oh

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Initially, watching the Apple keynote when the new phones were announced, I thought the X was nice, but I was really excited for the 8 Plus.

Here we are a month later and honestly my excitement has passed. My rose gold 6S Plus is in perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition, paid in full and I can't justify getting into a new phone & starting that whole 24 month payment cycle over again.

I've always been very happy with this phone so I've made the decision to pass up on upgrading.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 8 and the X caught my attention so I pre-ordered from att today hopefully I like it for my second device.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the note 8 and the X caught my attention so I pre-ordered from att today hopefully I like it for my second device.

I saw the iPhone X up for preorder on Verizon but when I curiously went through the upgrade process it said I’d lose my promotion which is hard to do. Verizon is paying $27 per month of my $31 phone installment plan. If I upgraded to the X, I’d have to trade in my iPhone 7 and lose the promotion and I’d be paying $42 per month for my phone rather than $4.

It’s so tempting to upgrade but this makes it very tough to do so.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw the iPhone X up for preorder on Verizon but when I curiously went through the upgrade process it said I’d lose my promotion which is hard to do. Verizon is paying $27 per month of my $31 phone installment plan. If I upgraded to the X, I’d have to trade in my iPhone 7 and lose the promotion and I’d be paying $42 per month for my phone rather than $4.

It’s so tempting to upgrade but this makes it very tough to do so.

I hear ya, but hey, how bad do you want it? Do you want it bad enough to fork over the $42 a month? Personally, I’m surprised that I’m not craving the iPhone X....not even a little bit and that scares me...(laughing)

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I hear ya, but hey, how bad do you want it? Do you want it bad enough to fork over the $42 a month? Personally, I’m surprised that I’m not craving the iPhone X....not even a little bit and that scares me...(laughing)

A free iPhone 7 or $1000 ($42 per month) X.

Same reason I haven’t traded in my 12’ Acura TSX for a new TLX. FREE feels really good right now, haha. Especially since I just dropped $430 on an Apple Watch Series 3.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
A free iPhone 7 or $1000 ($42 per month) X.

Same reason I haven’t traded in my 12’ Acura TSX for a new TLX. FREE feels really good right now, haha.

There is something to say for that in this world of instant gratification. It’s become the norm to always want the latest and greatest even if what we currently have works fine. We have been programmed to think this way.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Most people with apple devices are turned off by the price of the X. At first I thought the same but going off of Apples history the X will probably be a stunning device just need to pay the price.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Tried to pre order the X on the 27th but I wan unable to because the only option that I had was to tie it to a carrier. So my only option is to go through Best Buy where I have to pay an additional $100. Currently lost interest because I refuse to do post paid and paying an additional $100 sounds absurd.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I have a 7 that works just fine for me. I’ll wait a bit, buy a used 8 plus for a decent price, and continue to be happy without spending top dollar.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I was excited for the X but my desire for a headphone jack combined with the joy of not having a monthly phone installment payment has kept me appreciating my 6s