I was hesitant to get the 7 hearing how bad the battery was. I had the SE which had great battery life.
    Got a 7 recently used off EBay and have been very happy. Battery life has been excellent. Not as good as the SE but still don’t have to charge more than once a day.
    Battery life, for the most part, is determined by one’s usage. I’ve always had great battery life with my iPhone over the years with a occasional drain due to a corrupt setting, rogue app or not playing well with a specific beta build until I restore. With my iPhone 8, I’m quite satisfied with the battery life.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-21-2017 08:47 AM
    Battery life, for the most part, is determined by one’s usage. I’ve always had great battery life with my iPhone over the years with a occasional drain due to a corrupt setting, rogue app or not playing well with a specific beta build until I restore. With my iPhone 8, I’m quite satisfied with the battery life.
    Absolutely true.
    I don’t have a ton of social apps running in the background or checking Facebook constantly for instance. I don’t watch videos all day either. Those can make a big difference.
    I’m mostly email, text, news, weather, stocks, reminders, etc. basic functionality.
    Just_Me_D, Spencerdl and aximtreo like this.
    10-21-2017 08:51 AM
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    So I took a trip over to the  store to take a look at the 8 and I’m definitely going to get an X. As soon as I saw the new phone I wanted it! It just triggered me and I was like must have new phone. Lol it’s stupid but that was the kick in the pants I needed to reinvigorate myself.
    10-21-2017 04:24 PM
    So I took a trip over to the  store to take a look at the 8 and I’m definitely going to get an X. As soon as I saw the new phone I wanted it! It just triggered me and I was like must have new phone. Lol it’s stupid but that was the kick in the pants I needed to reinvigorate myself.
    Wait, the iPhone X was on display at your Apple () Store?
    10-21-2017 04:26 PM
    Wait, the iPhone X was on display at your Apple () Store?
    No they just had the 8’s out but even seeing that made me want a new phone.
    10-21-2017 04:28 PM
    No they just had the 8’s out but even seeing that made me want a new phone.
    OH okay....I was getting ready to go to my Apple Store...LOL
    10-21-2017 04:29 PM
    I normally upgrade my phone every year to maximize the resale but as time has passed my initial zest for an iPhone X has waned.

Anyone else losing interest? I’m also not really into either of the color options. I like my rose gold colored phone and actually go case free a lot so I don’t fall into it will just be in case so the color doesn’t matter situation.

If you haven’t lost interest what features are keeping you on the hook?
    Not sure Apple knows what they want at this point two totally different devices were launched this year. Which direction is Apple heading? Also the production of the 8 was cut in half last week due to lack of sales seems people are thinking the same thing.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-21-2017 06:10 PM
    Not sure Apple knows what they want at this point two totally different devices were launched this year. Which direction is Apple heading? Also the production of the 8 was cut in half last week due to lack of sales seems people are thinking the same thing.
    I think Apple knows exactly which direction it’s going - no more buttons. I don’t think that Apple releasing two different phones shows indecision rather it’s telling us to prepare for the future.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-22-2017 07:02 AM
    Nope. If anything I’m getting more excited as the day grows closer. If people lose interest and don’t order, less competition at 3:01am
    Lol. That’s exactly what I was thinking. I wish the losing interest sentiment was bigger!
    10-22-2017 12:12 PM
    Apple claimed that it’ll be better than the iPhone 8’s battery by 2 hours. I do hope the battery life is alright, I would love for Apple to create a Smart Battery case for it too.
    Battery life should be great if it’s what Apple is claiming I don’t see a huge drop from 8 plus.

10-23-2017 01:30 AM
    Personally for me I’m usually super excited for new phones every year. Honestly this year the pixel 2 was more interesting to me than the X. I have never went a year without upgrading to a new phone but this year is looking like the year. I’m just not too moved by the “game changing” technology. I don’t feel like this phone is changing the industry, and while it’s cool to have faceID the other specs are close enough now to my 7plus that I just can’t justify in my head upgrading.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-23-2017 07:47 PM
    Personally for me I’m usually super excited for new phones every year. Honestly this year the pixel 2 was more interesting to me than the X. I have never went a year without upgrading to a new phone but this year is looking like the year. I’m just not too moved by the “game changing” technology. I don’t feel like this phone is changing the industry, and while it’s cool to have faceID the other specs are close enough now to my 7plus that I just can’t justify in my head upgrading.
    It may be beneficial to wait anyway. Think about how often the next leap in technology has bugs and other hardware issues. By the time the Xs or whatever they call it arrives they’ll be ironed out.
    10-23-2017 09:13 PM
    Battery life should be great if it’s what Apple is claiming I don’t see a huge drop from 8 plus.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6987690a14.png
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3fc05b8956.png
    Yep!
    I’m a heavy user so it’s never enough hahaha
    sunnysideup22125 likes this.
    10-24-2017 07:00 AM
    Not only am I NOT interested in the X, I simply do not like it. I just think it's bad design. Along with that, I find these things annoying:
    1. No Touch ID...biggie for me. Why would you do away with something that you've honed into working dang near perfectly? I get that they say Face ID is more secure. So what. Be aware. It's users' responsibility to take care of their phone.

2. The no bezel craze really has me stumped man...I just don't get the rush and want to have ALL screen. I guess I'm not that excited about it. I think the chances of hitting something inadvertently goes up ten-fold.

3. The notch. It's dumb, can't convince me otherwise.

4. The turd bar at the bottom and swipe up to get home. Whatever. It looks janky and cheap.

Nothing no one has ever said before but like many, I usually upgrade every year. I am not this year, and I'll stick with the 7Plus for the time being. If this is the future of smartphones from Apple, I don't know if I'm onboard just yet.
    ianeb, Sherry_B and Jude526 like this.
    10-24-2017 09:43 AM
    I was all hyped on the X and talked myself out of it and got the 8-Plus. Amazed with the battery life. I have not been below 74% at the end of my busiest days. Sometimes with basic use I am at 100% still at lunch time. Love the cameras, screen, great sound, wireless charging, etc. I talked myself out of the X. Now as it's approaching I am thinking about the X again. I am not going to pre-order, but if/when they actually are in stock in stores in 2018 I will look at it. I still have another upgrade if I want, but likely I will just pay cash and sell my iPhone 7 that my wife is using and give her the 8-Plus. That's if I decide to get it. I am not in any rush. I am really happy with the 8-Plus and there is nothing besides the form factor and OLED edge-to-edge that makes the X interesting for me anymore.
    10-24-2017 01:05 PM
    I was all hyped on the X and talked myself out of it and got the 8-Plus. Amazed with the battery life. I have not been below 74% at the end of my busiest days. Sometimes with basic use I am at 100% still at lunch time. Love the cameras, screen, great sound, wireless charging, etc. I talked myself out of the X. Now as it's approaching I am thinking about the X again. I am not going to pre-order, but if/when they actually are in stock in stores in 2018 I will look at it. I still have another upgrade if I want, but likely I will just pay cash and sell my iPhone 7 that my wife is using and give her the 8-Plus. That's if I decide to get it. I am not in any rush. I am really happy with the 8-Plus and there is nothing besides the form factor and OLED edge-to-edge that makes the X interesting for me anymore. That being said, I am not sure if I want edge-to-edge
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-24-2017 01:08 PM
    my question is will the facial id works exacaly like touch id? In that way I can use apple pay?
    Face ID will work just like Touch ID.
    Yes, it will work with Apple Pay too.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    10-26-2017 06:58 AM
    Face ID will work just like Touch ID.
    Yes, it will work with Apple Pay too.
    What about apps that currently support Touch ID, like banking/home security etc?
    10-26-2017 09:42 AM
    I normally upgrade my phone every year to maximize the resale but as time has passed my initial zest for an iPhone X has waned.

Anyone else losing interest? I’m also not really into either of the color options. I like my rose gold colored phone and actually go case free a lot so I don’t fall into it will just be in case so the color doesn’t matter situation.

If you haven’t lost interest what features are keeping you on the hook?
    I know the feeling!
    10-26-2017 10:11 AM
    What about apps that currently support Touch ID, like banking/home security etc?
    It should work the same.
    Apple showcased 1Password working just fine with Face ID.
    10-26-2017 06:38 PM
    Being a gadget/IT nerd, can be annoying and expensive.
    So, yeah, I'll at least try the X...
    10-27-2017 02:51 AM
    I decided this year to a wait and see. I'll read the reviews and get some hands on before I decide to buy. I'm not in a big hurry since I have a Note8.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-27-2017 10:35 AM
    I’ve pre-ordered and got collection for 3rd but I’m wondering if I even need to bother.... I got an 8+ and love it, the X is generally the same phone packaged a bit different, is it not?! Lol just seems a waste of money D’oh
    10-27-2017 11:11 AM
    Initially, watching the Apple keynote when the new phones were announced, I thought the X was nice, but I was really excited for the 8 Plus.

Here we are a month later and honestly my excitement has passed. My rose gold 6S Plus is in perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition, paid in full and I can't justify getting into a new phone & starting that whole 24 month payment cycle over again.

I've always been very happy with this phone so I've made the decision to pass up on upgrading.
    10-27-2017 11:59 AM
    I have the note 8 and the X caught my attention so I pre-ordered from att today hopefully I like it for my second device.
    10-27-2017 05:17 PM
59 123