iPhone X Delays?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I keep hearing rumors that the iPhone X is going to have some major delays in shipping. Not sure I can believe everything I've heard...

What have you folks heard out there? Would delays sour you on purchasing the X?

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I believe it, since the tech is so new there have been issues with producing the number of units to anticipate demand,. I had my 6plus order pushed back 3 times when it launched, had to cancel my online order and just pick one up at one of the local  stores. But I am determined to purchase the X, if the ship date goes past Christmas Eve, I might cancel.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I keep hearing rumors that the iPhone X is going to have some major delays in shipping. Not sure I can believe everything I've heard...

What have you folks heard out there? Would delays sour you on purchasing the X?

I’ve read the rumors about it possibly being delayed, but we won’t know for certain until it’s official.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Every year it is the same thing with "delays," there will be delays because apple keeps the stock low at first to build the hype and sense of demand.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If the delays are as bad as they say, I hope they at least set majority for initial preorders (similar to what they did with the 7+ where they had virtually none in stores on launch day)

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Meh, I’ll get it when I get it...
I’m planning on preordering a 256 GB Space Gray as soon as the preorders go live (or as soon as I’m able to successfully log on to the store’s site), but if I don’t get a shipping window for one on release day I don’t have any problems with having to wait. My (Product)Red 7+ is in no hurry to be retired...

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m planning on preordering a 256 GB Space Gray as soon as the preorders go live (or as soon as I’m able to successfully log on to the store’s site), but if I don’t get a shipping window for one on release day I don’t have any problems with having to wait. My (Product)Red 7+ is in no hurry to be retired...

Yeah same here.
My plan is to get it from third party sellers if I don’t get it during pre order night.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm fully expecting there to be delays. More so than usual. I'm going to make an attempt to pre-order one on the 27th as soon as I can. I think it's 2am for me in Central time. If the ship date goes too far out, then I'll grab an 8 to tide me over.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm fully expecting there to be delays. More so than usual. I'm going to make an attempt to pre-order one on the 27th as soon as I can. I think it's 2am for me in Central time. If the ship date goes too far out, then I'll grab an 8 to tide me over.

Already grabbed an 8 Plus and sold my 7 Plus just days after stating that I was content w/ my 7 Plus. I know I’ll probably attempt to pre-order a 10 in 12 days and if unsuccessful, oh well.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It’s a guarantee there will be delays. How long those delays are is another story. There are delays every year. This year will probably see greater ones because of the hype surrounding it. I plan on staying up to get my order in as soon as possible. We will see what happens.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Already grabbed an 8 Plus and sold my 7 Plus just days after stating that I was content w/ my 7 Plus. I know I’ll probably attempt to pre-order a 10 in 12 days and if u successful, oh well.

I'm still sitting on a 6s Plus and I flip flop between iOS and Android every day. If I knew I could grab an X, I'd just wait.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’m sure after a few minutes of preorder, shipping times will be delayed. But is this different from any other year? iPhone 8 launch cannot be compared as that was different.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I’m sure after a few minutes of preorder, shipping times will be delayed. But is this different from any other year? iPhone 8 launch cannot be compared as that was different.

Agree. Last year with the plus it was good for about 10 mins, then it was weeks/months delay. I think this year will be the same. IF you get your preorder in the 1st 5 or so mins, I think you will get it come launch day (now there may be some models which sell out quicker of course)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Agree. Last year with the plus it was good for about 10 mins, then it was weeks/months delay. I think this year will be the same. IF you get your preorder in the 1st 5 or so mins, I think you will get it come launch day (now there may be some models which sell out quicker of course)

Yeah. I just hope the website or the app doesn’t bugged out on me.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Who is buying 10+ of them to flip on ebay? :p

On a serious note, does anyone believe they will process a million orders per minute? If there truly 12 million available in 11 days and the available to ship stock for 11/3 is depleted in under 10 minutes...

Let's just say that's a LOT of ordering! I know this is worldwide.

And the phone is expensive!!

I plan on getting the black 256GB X on release day. Knowing I could net $2k by flipping it surely makes this decision fiscally tempting. Almost as tempting as ripping the shrink wrap off and powering up and using-er playing with it. Even still a mint opened device is going to be worth nearly twice msrp for a few months perhaps? That's basing on jet black availability and this is speculated to be tighter in supply/higher in demand.

Well they could be wrong.

Or not. Time will tell.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Ditto. I want it asap, but as my wife likes to point out, I have a perfectly good 6s.