iPhone X Delays?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Who is buying 10+ of them to flip on ebay? :p

On a serious note, does anyone believe they will process a million orders per minute? If there truly 12 million available in 11 days and the available to ship stock for 11/3 is depleted in under 10 minutes...

Let's just say that's a LOT of ordering! I know this is worldwide.

And the phone is expensive!!

I plan on getting the black 256GB X on release day. Knowing I could net $2k by flipping it surely makes this decision fiscally tempting. Almost as tempting as ripping the shrink wrap off and powering up and using-er playing with it. Even still a mint opened device is going to be worth nearly twice msrp for a few months perhaps? That's basing on jet black availability and this is speculated to be tighter in supply/higher in demand.

Well they could be wrong.

Or not. Time will tell.

They may only reserve a certain amount for preorders to have some stock in stores for launch day.
I agree you could flip it, but for me I would much rather have and actually use the device rather than trying to sell it to make a quick buck.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I keep hearing rumors that the iPhone X is going to have some major delays in shipping. Not sure I can believe everything I've heard...

What have you folks heard out there? Would delays sour you on purchasing the X?

Yes.

The supply issues have taken this device completely KFC my radar. It doesn't lifer enough over an 8 plus to push my upgrade timeline back that far, and the 8 isn't an option because it's basically a 7s and this design is no longer attractive to me.

Might be a nice time to try out a Pixel XL for a year.

This phone only appeals because the screen is large, but the body is smaller than a Plus with better battery life than an 8.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Every year it is the same thing with "delays," there will be delays because apple keeps the stock low at first to build the hype and sense of demand.

Delays cost sales. Not everyone is part of the cult. Some people allow themselves the luxury of choice in both platform and device.

If the iPhone X has a month delay but the Galaxy S8 is there, people may very well put for the available option.

The idea that apple throws away sales to hype the phone up is ridiculous. They already have a great brand image and healthy amount of dedicated users. They don't need to do that. It would be throwing money in the toilet.

This is especially true when your phone outprices the competition by a fairly significant margin at the higher SKUs.

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
It does take a while to Hoover up all the Android features, like no bezel and wireless charging. Remember the old Avis ads?  might try, “Since we have to wait for others to innovate, we ship later, but we have Da Brand!”

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes.

The supply issues have taken this device completely KFC my radar. It doesn't lifer enough over an 8 plus to push my upgrade timeline back that far, and the 8 isn't an option because it's basically a 7s and this design is no longer attractive to me.

Might be a nice time to try out a Pixel XL for a year.

This phone only appeals because the screen is large, but the body is smaller than a Plus with better battery life than an 8.
Agree 100%. The only reason I haven't already ordered a pixel is because apple finally got rid of the huge bezels and went amoled to make it a larger screen in a smaller size.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Who is buying 10+ of them to flip on ebay? :p

On a serious note, does anyone believe they will process a million orders per minute? If there truly 12 million available in 11 days and the available to ship stock for 11/3 is depleted in under 10 minutes...

Let's just say that's a LOT of ordering! I know this is worldwide.

And the phone is expensive!!

I plan on getting the black 256GB X on release day. Knowing I could net $2k by flipping it surely makes this decision fiscally tempting. Almost as tempting as ripping the shrink wrap off and powering up and using-er playing with it. Even still a mint opened device is going to be worth nearly twice msrp for a few months perhaps? That's basing on jet black availability and this is speculated to be tighter in supply/higher in demand.

Well they could be wrong.

Or not. Time will tell.

I really want to see how high this thing goes. It’s right before Christmas, it’s expensive so if it sells out FAST and the shipping goes to past XMas I really want to see how much people are willing to pay. I’ve heard about the PS4 that sold for thousands on Ebay because someone from the middle east had to have it for their kid lol. If it gets crazy expensive I’d sell mine in a heartbeat.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I hate when a device is launched with very little inventory. The original Pixel had horrible inventory issues almost the whole year. I guess it's all about the dollar and the bottom line to the manufacturer.