Ever since the the announcement of the iPhone X I have been baffled about so many things and I have some theorys to put to the test, lets get started.

#1 : The name

What confused me the most is why X is pronounced 10.
    OSX wasn't called OS ten, so why did Apple throw a curveball?
    Here's my take: OSX was the tenth version of the software, while iPhone X is ten years. Roman Numerils (yes I know I can't spell) are often used when talking about time and Apple recently removed the "X" from MacOS so my guess is they want to redefine the use of the letter "X".

#2 : The price

Many people think the X is overpriced and in a way I can see why: it's the first mainstream phone to go for a grand. However R&D costs, parts and production issues are part of the problem. Also a Note8 is $50 less but has none of these problems.
    10-07-2017 03:36 PM
    Ever since the the announcement of the iPhone X I have been baffled about so many things and I have some theorys to put to the test, lets get started.

Here's my take: OSX was the tenth version of the software, while iPhone X is ten years. Roman Numerils (yes I know I can't spell) are often used when talking about time and Apple recently removed the "X" from MacOS so my guess is they want to redefine the use of the letter "X".

Many people think the X is overpriced and in a way I can see why: it's the first mainstream phone to go for a grand. However R&D costs, parts and production issues are part of the problem. Also a Note8 is $50 less but has none of these problems.
    #1 . Well, OS X was pronounced 10, but nobody bothered and pronounced it X: How to Pronounce the iPhone X | Time.com

#2 . I think that the Face ID tech accounts for a large portion of that price.
    10-08-2017 07:29 AM

The Note 8 also has basically the same tech as a phone released 6 months previous. The iPhone X has a new tech that nobody has seen before, a new processor developed in house, a new screen orientation for people who have used iPhones previously to get used to, and a few extra things never seen in an iPhone before. The Note 8 to me is a bit overpriced for what it is (a bigger S8+ with a pen and extra camera) as is the new iPhone. I think the 8 and 8 Plus should have both been about $50-100 cheaper and that the X should have been $899 and $1049 but I don't know how much they cost to manufacture and how much of the R&D costs are specific to the X and FaceID.
    10-11-2017 12:39 PM
    he was try to talk about how Apple marketing its new phone.
    no idea why you said that, are you a apple fanboy
    Don’t think so, but didn’t you get the joke?
    10-26-2017 02:13 AM