View Poll Results: Poll: Why aren’t you getting an iPhone X?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too expensive

10 50.00%
  • Hate the notch at the top

2 10.00%
  • Not eligible for an upgrade

2 10.00%
  • Not a compelling upgrade

2 10.00%
  • Switching to a non-Apple smartphone

2 10.00%
  • Simply don’t want it.

2 10.00%
    I will be getting the X. I just don't understand the to expensive pole, when the 6S plus was a thousand dollar phone and I don’t remember that much talk about price.

If I was not going to get it I'd be number 3
    10-02-2017 03:46 PM
    I selected too expensive. But I also dislike the narrow, screen, swipe down on the right for one thing, down on the left for another. Bah..

Honestly, most payment plans on phones are broken into 24 months. $200 is only $8.33 more per month. If that is a burden, then an argument could be made that they shouldn't be getting an iPhone anyway, lol.
    You’re still paying $1200 for a pocket computer with 64gigs of storage. They require you to buy Apple care for $200. A $16 or less Magpul case and a $30 wrist watch saves a lot of heartache and expense. (My three year old 6+ that I traded in for my sim free 8+ was flawless.)

Could I afford it ? Sure. I could even get a Herpes Apple Watch if wanted, but I can’t stomach giving away $ 700 for a $40 watchband.

Stop giving them ridiculous money, and the price will drop. Do they deserve a fair profit ? Sure do, and I don’t mind giving them a fair amount, but $1149 for 256 GB model ?

10-02-2017 03:46 PM
    I selected too expensive. But I also dislike the narrow, screen, swipe down on the right for one thing, down on the left for another. Bah..

You’re still paying $1200 for a pocket computer with 64gigs of storage. They require you to buy Apple care for $200. A $16 or less Magpul case and a $30 wrist watch saves a lot of heartache and expense. (My three year old 6+ that I traded in for my sim free 8+ was flawless.)

Could I afford it ? Sure. I could even get a Herpes Apple Watch if wanted, but I can’t stomach giving away $ 700 for a $40 watchband.

Stop giving them ridiculous money, and the price will drop. Do they deserve a fair profit ? Sure do, and I don’t mind giving them a fair amount, but $1149 for 256 GB model ?

This is a completely different conversation...
    Not appreciating the cost they are charging and not being able to afford an additional $200 after already spending $800 is different. I can understand not wanting to spend the money because you don't agree with what they are charging. Only you can decide what you value and don't.
    10-02-2017 03:50 PM
    Not eligible for an upgrade.

I’ll get the best thing next year.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-02-2017 04:04 PM
    • Too $$$, not sure worth $200 more than an 8+
    • I don't like the notch
    • I don't want Face ID yet (not tested)
    • I like the home button & touch ID
    • I don't like the cropped image size for photos
    • I don't like the OLED brightness compared to other phones (Low NIPS)
    • I don't think it will be in stock or delivered by 11/3
    • I don't like they removed reachability

Will wait until XI, and stick with the 8-Plus.
    10-02-2017 05:27 PM
    I will be getting the X. I just don't understand the to expensive pole, when the 6S plus was a thousand dollar phone and I don’t remember that much talk about price.

If I was not going to get it I'd be number 3
    The iPhone with the lowest storage capacity (the one that most people seem to get) has never had a $999 starting price. Ever. That’s the complaint.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-02-2017 06:46 PM
    I don’t want it. Sticking with my 7 Plus
    10-02-2017 06:51 PM
    Not getting a X already got an 8+.

- It’s not worth £200 over the base 8+
    - Stupid notch, seriously! Every time I see a video of someone playing a video on it in landscape, I have to shake my head!
    - Less screen estate than the 8+ thanks again to that notch
    - No TouchID!! NONE!!
    - New cases/screen protectors again
    - Low resolution and brightness compared to the competition

It just seems a little half baked, IF I was going to spend £1000 on a phone, it would be the Note 8 which has the best screen I’ve ever seen on a phone as well as numerous other great features. It’s also slightly less than £1k so better value.
    As much as I want an OLED display in my iPhone, I certainly don’t want the Apple version of it right now.
    Really happy with my 8+ also, despite what some people say/think I like the design, it’s functional and familiar with almost all the new spec of the X. Works for me
    10-03-2017 02:48 PM
    Price and lack of Touch ID are the biggest factors that cause me to really, strongly consider not buying the iPhone X. I simply don't believe that Face ID will be convenient or work as well, or as seamlessly as Touch ID, on this first (beta) version of the phone. Also, the price is just gouging beyond my tolerance levels. It isn't an issue of not being able to afford it, it's that I don't want to pay that much money for what is now commoditized tech.
    10-04-2017 01:22 PM
    Not getting a X already got an 8+.

- It’s not worth £200 over the base 8+
    - Stupid notch, seriously! Every time I see a video of someone playing a video on it in landscape, I have to shake my head!
    - Less screen estate than the 8+ thanks again to that notch
    - No TouchID!! NONE!!
    - New cases/screen protectors again
    - Low resolution and brightness compared to the competition

It just seems a little half baked, IF I was going to spend £1000 on a phone, it would be the Note 8 which has the best screen I’ve ever seen on a phone as well as numerous other great features. It’s also slightly less than £1k so better value.
    As much as I want an OLED display in my iPhone, I certainly don’t want the Apple version of it right now.
    Really happy with my 8+ also, despite what some people say/think I like the design, it’s functional and familiar with almost all the new spec of the X. Works for me
    I have been waiting for apple to release an OLED iPhone for over 3 years. Now that it has been announced I don't even think I will be getting it. First of the "horns" are the worst design I've ever seen on a smartphone. I am big into the design and hardware of a smartphone and this design is just awful.

Secondly, touch ID. Why take away the one perfect thing that apple has created? It works so well, is so convenient and I can unlock my phone without having to raise it up to my face everytime!

When you say the display has lower resolution and brightness compared to other competition, are you referring to like samsungs display? I always wondered if an OLED display would even be able to shine on an iPhone being that you really are only looking at a bunch of icons on a home screen. I am thinking of upgrading my 7 to the 8
    10-04-2017 02:10 PM
    I have been waiting for apple to release an OLED iPhone for over 3 years. Now that it has been announced I don't even think I will be getting it. First of the "horns" are the worst design I've ever seen on a smartphone. I am big into the design and hardware of a smartphone and this design is just awful.

Secondly, touch ID. Why take away the one perfect thing that apple has created? It works so well, is so convenient and I can unlock my phone without having to raise it up to my face everytime!

When you say the display has lower resolution and brightness compared to other competition, are you referring to like samsungs display? I always wondered if an OLED display would even be able to shine on an iPhone being that you really are only looking at a bunch of icons on a home screen. I am thinking of upgrading my 7 to the 8
    Yes, I was referring mainly to the Samsung’s but others also go brighter.
    The Note 8 hits 1200 Nits, S8 1000 Nits and the iPhone is around 625 Nits.
    The iPhone X is barely 2k resolution whilst the Samsung’s have a much higher resolution.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my 8+, I also very much like all things apple but having just watch the Pixel 2 event, you can’t but admire what other companies are doing. The Pixel 2 XL has a 6” display, QHD, can do portrait with front and rear camera, has fast charging, stereo speakers, ip68 rating, unlimited storage for videos/photo’s, does AR, and has arguably the best assistant going in Google Assistant. The price, £799 for 64GB and £899 for 128GB. Which phone is better value? An iPhone 10 at £999 with 64GB or the new Pixel XL? If you can pull yourself away from iOS, it’s a no brained for me but unfortunately I am really tied up in Apples eco system!! Kids have got devices, we have Apple TV, family sharing for storage and Apple Music, myself and my wife both have Apple Watch.... it would be a nightmare for me to change which is a shame as I like to try out new technology

Anyway, back on topic lol
    10-04-2017 02:22 PM
    The iPhone X is barely 2k resolution whilst the Samsung’s have a much higher resolution.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my 8+, I also very much like all things apple but having just watch the Pixel 2 event, you can’t but admire what other companies are doing. The Pixel 2 XL has a 6” display, QHD, can do portrait with front and rear camera, has fast charging, stereo speakers, ip68 rating, unlimited storage for videos/photo’s, does AR, and has arguably the best assistant going in Google Assistant. The price, £799 for 64GB and £899 for 128GB. Which phone is better value? An iPhone 10 at £999 with 64GB or the new Pixel XL? If you can pull yourself away from iOS, it’s a no brained for me but unfortunately I am really tied up in Apples eco system!! Kids have got devices, we have Apple TV, family sharing for storage and Apple Music, myself and my wife both have Apple Watch.... it would be a nightmare for me to change which is a shame as I like to try out new technology

Anyway, back on topic lol
    Trust me, I've been back and forth for years and I've come back to iOS for good. Mainly the same reasons you states. Everyone in my family uses iOS. I had a pixel (first gen) and it was a fabulous phone. The QHD displays on these Android phones now are spectacular. So what you're saying is that this OLED display on the 10 will not come close to the Sammy's and Google pixels QHD display? How do you think it will compare to the standard LCD display of the 8 plus?
    10-04-2017 02:25 PM
    I’m not saying it won’t look good, it’s OLED so it will look amazing, my point is, the price of the phone doesn’t really stick with me when you can get better, higher quality products for less money. The screen will look far better than the 8 as OLED is way superior imo to LED technology. The contrast is unbelievable. I too have owned several high end android devices over the last couple of years and always end up back at an iPhone because of that eco system! So the price I guess becomes a non issue for those that just want the best of Apple, yes you can get it elsewhere cheaper but it’s not iOS. I completely get it, but doesn’t mean I’m buying one lol still too many flaws in that design.

Whatever people choose, they’ll end up with a great phone! Just enjoy it
    10-04-2017 02:33 PM
    I’m not saying it won’t look good, it’s OLED so it will look amazing, my point is, the price of the phone doesn’t really stick with me when you can get better, higher quality products for less money. The screen will look far better than the 8 as OLED is way superior imo to LED technology. The contrast is unbelievable. I too have owned several high end android devices over the last couple of years and always end up back at an iPhone because of that eco system! So the price I guess becomes a non issue for those that just want the best of Apple, yes you can get it elsewhere cheaper but it’s not iOS. I completely get it, but doesn’t mean I’m buying one lol still too many flaws in that design.

Whatever people choose, they’ll end up with a great phone! Just enjoy it
    I hear ya, I too can't seem to justify the price with some of the design flaws. Look I'll spend 850 on a plus so at this point what's another $150? People will find the money for what they want. I know once I can get my hands on a demo I'll say wow I need this. Trying to hold off with the 8 plus but not sure if I can. Also no idea what the supply and demand will be like.
    10-04-2017 02:37 PM
    I hear ya, I too can't seem to justify the price with some of the design flaws. Look I'll spend 850 on a plus so at this point what's another $150? People will find the money for what they want. I know once I can get my hands on a demo I'll say wow I need this. Trying to hold off with the 8 plus but not sure if I can. Also no idea what the supply and demand will be like.
    Yeah I understand that feeling!! Had it many times myself lol
    I really do feel quite let Down with what Apple announced this year. Yes I got an 8+, but I was due an upgrade anyway so I just got it. But the X just feels a bit, meh!? Other handsets have grabbed my attention far more this year, notably the Note 8, LG V30 and the Pixel 2 XL.

Sometimes I wish I could just buy a Nokia 6 and be happy for a couple years 🤣
    10-04-2017 02:42 PM
    I really do feel quite let Down with what Apple announced this year. Yes I got an 8+, but I was due an upgrade anyway so I just got it. But the X just feels a bit, meh!? Other handsets have grabbed my attention far more this year, notably the Note 8, LG V30 and the Pixel 2 XL.

Haha I will never be satisfied with what phone I carry. The honeymoon phase only lasts a couple of months and I end up getting a new phone every 6 months
    10-04-2017 02:46 PM

Here's my next question to you...

What if the second generation of the 10 next year is the same thing since we all know apple hates to change things around too often. What if it still has the horns and no touch id, lacking brightness and resolution
    10-04-2017 02:51 PM

What if the second generation of the 10 next year is the same thing since we all know apple hates to change things around too often. What if it still has the horns and no touch id, lacking brightness and resolution
    I’m close to jumping ship now, so if it looks the same next year with no option of a 9 or an 11+ then I will go elsewhere. I really dislike the horns/botch I mean notch....

Been staring at the Pixel 2 XL and hovering over the buy button for an hour
    10-04-2017 03:26 PM
    I’m close to jumping ship now, so if it looks the same next year with no option of a 9 or an 11+ then I will go elsewhere. I really dislike the horns/botch I mean notch....

Been staring at the Pixel 2 XL and hovering over the buy button for an hour
    Haha you just said how you are too tied down to iOS ecosystem!
    ianeb likes this.
    10-04-2017 03:29 PM

What if next year, the X replaces the 4.7" model and a larger version of the X is added to replace the 5.5" model? I can't help but see that coming, if not next year, soon.
    10-04-2017 04:14 PM
    I guess #4 . I have an iPhone 7 and am totally happy with it. No reason to upgrade.
    10-04-2017 04:22 PM
    I don't like the notch.

No TouchID.

Not paying top dollar for a first gen product.
    10-04-2017 06:53 PM
    I don't like the notch.

No TouchID.

Not paying top dollar for a first gen product.
    The notch, horns...Whatever you want to call those stupid things are the main reason I will not be getting the X! Secondly no touch ID. They even used the horns to be functional when pulling down to get the control center. You ARE FORCED to use the "Right horn" in order to get the control center. While the "left horn" will pull down your notification center. So terrible to make someone have to use a left and right corner instead of just pulling down from any area of the top of the screen. Poor decisions!
    ladyc0524 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    10-07-2017 06:55 AM
    #2 . Hate the notch. Incredible aesthetic fail by Apple that would not be tolerated if Steve were still with us.
    ianeb likes this.
    10-07-2017 09:13 AM
    I also commented on this a couple of weeks back, but I am not so sure anymore that we are correct. Apple is reporting the max brightness as a typical maximum brightness. Do we know how Samsung is reporting theirs? The reason why I ask is because the theoretical limit of 1000 nits on the S8/+ or the 1200 nits on the Note8 may be peak brightness only (not typical), meaning that it can be hit only under certain specific conditions. Don't assume that we are comparing apples to apples here, no pun intended.
    10-10-2017 02:56 PM
58 123