So passwords have kept our phones safe up until now. So what happens when a police officer, or any other law enforcement entity can unlock your phone just by pointing it at you?

Does anyone else "see" the problem here?
    09-27-2017 10:58 AM
    That's good question. Now they can force you to unlock the phone !?
    09-27-2017 01:19 PM
    I don't see any difference in forcing you to unlock using Face ID (have you look at phone) and Touch ID (have you put finger on phone).
    09-27-2017 02:12 PM
    I don't see any difference in forcing you to unlock using Face ID (have you look at phone) and Touch ID (have you put finger on phone).
    No difference at all. Those aren't things that you possess in your mind like a password. So it'll be the same thing varying on state-to-state laws.
    09-27-2017 02:30 PM
    Pretty sure double tapping the home button assists for situations like this. Maybe it's triple tapping? I can't recall off the top of my head but I recall reading about iOS 11 offering a quick method for forcing our devices to require a passcode.
    09-27-2017 05:18 PM
    Found it.

The new iPhone update will help prevent cops from searching your locked device.

Press 5 times fast and you will be required to enter your passcode. Alternatively, FaceID is optional. You're not required to use it. You can simply just use a traditional passcode if you'd feel safer.

Problem solved.
    09-27-2017 05:22 PM
    Found it.

The new iPhone update will help prevent cops from searching your locked device.

Press 5 times fast and you will be required to enter your passcode. Alternatively, FaceID is optional. You're not required to use it. You can simply just use a traditional passcode if you'd feel safer.

Problem solved.
    Will apple pay work with just a pin and no faceID?
    09-27-2017 05:24 PM
    Will apple pay work with just a pin and no faceID?
    I'm not sure. I doubt it.

Question, and I honestly don't know the answer. As it stands now, can you use Apple Pay with Touch ID if Touch ID isn't enabled as your unlock method? In other words, can you only use Touch ID for Apple Pay now?
    09-27-2017 05:26 PM
    I'm not sure. I doubt it.

Question, and I honestly don't know the answer. As it stands now, can you use Apple Pay with Touch ID if Touch ID isn't enabled as your unlock method? In other words, can you only use Touch ID for Apple Pay now?
    That is a good question. I use TouchID but never use Apple pay thats why I asked about FaceID. Seems like a bad situation if you can only use apple pay when having FaceID set up for those who do not want to use it.
    09-27-2017 06:06 PM