12 million at launch?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yikes! The article says that getting an iPhone X at launch could be harder than it was getting a jet black 7 Plus last year. I hope they’re off in their estimates.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My biggest concern is the wait for the X but not because I'm impatient. Rather because the more months I wait, the more I will have paid on my iPhone 7 Plus. At a certain point, it will just make more sense to pay it off and keep it if the wait gets too long.

I plan on waiting up for the preorder. Hopefully I get it closer to the release date and not later. We shall see.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yikes! The article says that getting an iPhone X at launch could be harder than it was getting a jet black 7 Plus last year. I hope they’re off in their estimates.

I can see this being another year where stores have none on launch day and they all go to preorders. Either way I will be preordering. Not going to deal with the crowds on launch day.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My biggest concern is the wait for the X but not because I'm impatient. Rather because the more months I wait, the more I will have paid on my iPhone 7 Plus. At a certain point, it will just make more sense to pay it off and keep it if the wait gets too long.

I plan on waiting up for the preorder. Hopefully I get it closer to the release date and not later. We shall see.

And if next year’s phone comes in September you won’t have 12 months paid if you use Apple’s upgrade program.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Good point. Didn’t think about that.

You can always call them and make extra payments, but it’s not something you can do online at this time. And that means you will get less months for the same payment then if you had done 12 months complete.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I am intrigued by the X but am not sure if I would jump on it so hastily. I am very comfortable with touch ID (it just works, 50,000 in 1 failure rate or not) and other familiar iPhone features. Louder speaker was a plus. So, I bought an 8 as a stop gap. Now I can wait for long enough to get market feedback, and simply walk into a store to pick one up in few months or so. For now, my biggest draw to the X is a larger screen on not much larger size (bezel-less). Everything else is not much of a draw for the price it commands. I care less about OLED. The current screen (improved LED) is just fine for my purpose. I do not seek for a better screen display just to watch video/movie. My phone is a tool, not an entertainment device.
I am going to take time to watch how folks might be reacting to facial recognition stuff. If it works, then I don't care if it's fingerprint or facial ID. Whatever works. Unfortunately though, my facial recognition is copyrighted and no one can take my photo, except in Hollywood.

I am a gadget freak and an Apple fun for almost 30 years, updating iPhone every time Apple did. But after 6 to 6s era, I started taking a pause. I ended up buying 7 and 8 anyway, but that's because my Hiyaena bandit daughters always swarm me whenever I get a new toy.

So, I do not feel any urge to jump on the X, not as yet anyway. Hope it's going to be an excellent device, worth spending so much hard earned dollars.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm not super worried about the delay even though I'm on the upgrade program unless it starts taking months to get them. I'm planning to hold onto this phone until 2019 which would put it just under two years. Of course at that point I'll have to decide to either go with the upgrade program again or pay off the last few months and buy outright. Then again, next year could be something ridiculous that I'll have to have, but I guess worst case just won't have it right at launch.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I am intrigued by the X but am not sure if I would jump on it so hastily. I am very comfortable with touch ID (it just works, 50,000 in 1 failure rate or not) and other familiar iPhone features. Louder speaker was a plus. So, I bought an 8 as a stop gap. Now I can wait for long enough to get market feedback, and simply walk into a store to pick one up in few months or so. For now, my biggest draw to the X is a larger screen on not much larger size (bezel-less). Everything else is not much of a draw for the price it commands. I care less about OLED. The current screen (improved LED) is just fine for my purpose. I do not seek for a better screen display just to watch video/movie. My phone is a tool, not an entertainment device.
I am going to take time to watch how folks might be reacting to facial recognition stuff. If it works, then I don't care if it's fingerprint or facial ID. Whatever works. Unfortunately though, my facial recognition is copyrighted and no one can take my photo, except in Hollywood.

I am a gadget freak and an Apple fun for almost 30 years, updating iPhone every time Apple did. But after 6 to 6s era, I started taking a pause. I ended up buying 7 and 8 anyway, but that's because my Hiyaena bandit daughters always swarm me whenever I get a new toy.

So, I do not feel any urge to jump on the X, not as yet anyway. Hope it's going to be an excellent device, worth spending so much hard earned dollars.

I sure hope Apple got it right with Face ID and the new design.
I was also thinking of getting the 8 first, who knows when we’ll be able to get the X.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I sure hope Apple ramps up production of the X and doesn’t make folks wait forever to get one.

This is going to be the most expensive model for the bottom line model they have produced and at a 1,000 bucks plus tax a pop, the patience will be real thin compared to waiting on previous models. Just my two cents.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I sure hope Apple ramps up production of the X and doesn’t make folks wait forever to get one.

This is going to be the most expensive model for the bottom line model they have produced and at a 1,000 bucks plus tax a pop, the patience will be real thin compared to waiting on previous models. Just my two cents.

I hope so too!

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just read an article that stated 30-35 million at launch. Sorry I can’t find the link now, but it was the same analyst that originally said 12 million.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just read an article that stated 30-35 million at launch. Sorry I can’t find the link now, but it was the same analyst that originally said 12 million.

If this is the article you are talking about, that is for 2017, not launch weekend "The latest forecast from Ming-Chi Kuo sees a lowered estimate of iPhone X shipments in 2017 to 30-35 million units from a previous estimate of 40 million." https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/02/iphone-x-delays-ahead-of-android/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro