Anyone interested in the Galaxy Note 8 instead of iPhone X?

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I didn't feel like I needed a reason to switch. I just wanted to. I had gotten bored with iPhone even though I really love how all 3 of my apple devices talked to each other. I was ready to try android again with this gorgeous Note 8. I love it! maybe in two years when my contract runs out I'll be bored with this phone too and switch back who knows!

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I didn't feel like I needed a reason to switch. I just wanted to. I had gotten bored with iPhone even though I really love how all 3 of my apple devices talked to each other. I was ready to try android again with this gorgeous Note 8. I love it! maybe in two years when my contract runs out I'll be bored with this phone too and switch back who knows!

Good for you. Enjoy!

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 8 and I’ll just say that if I could get iMessage on it I probably wouldn’t reach for my iPhone again.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
iPhone X screen will show content same size as iPhone 8. Screen isn’t any “bigger" , just taller. People keep assuming 5.8" will be bigger than iPhone 8 plus.
I see a lot of disappointed people and complaints on this forum in near future

Seriously?...I really didn't say "bigger", even though 5.8" is larger than 5.5" anyway you slice it, at least the last time I looked at a ruler (simple measurements). If I'm not mistaken, I wrote "the iPhone X will have a smaller form factor with a big screen, the best of both worlds", nothing about it being bigger. To be honest, I love the size of the 6/6s/7/8 Pluses SCREEN, just not the large BEZELS. Over the years I just got use/adjusted to the large bezels because I like using the Apple iPhone.
I really don't think a lot of people will be disappointed in the iPhone X screen size...the 5.8" screen on a bezeless device will give the illusion of a much larger screen on a smaller device especially since we've had the same model iPhone with HUGE BEZELS for the last four iterations of the iPhone 6 Plus. With the exception of two of my Blackberry devices (I forgot the name/numbers) which went from a TrackBall to a Trackpad, all of the devices that I've owned the screen ratio/size changed. This is common practice when upgrading and I personally welcome the change.
Honestly, I'm just hoping Apple gets everything else right on the iPhone X, I'm totally happy with the screen size on a bezeless device.

Last edited:

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Seriously?...I really didn't say "bigger", even though 5.8" is larger than 5.5" anyway you slice it, at least the last time I looked at a ruler (simple measurements). If I'm not mistaken, I wrote "the iPhone X will have a smaller form factor with a big screen, the best of both worlds", nothing about it being bigger. To be honest, I love the size of the 6/6s/7/8 Pluses SCREEN, just not the large BEZELS. Over the years I just got use/adjusted to the large bezels because I like using the Apple iPhone.
I really don't think a lot of people will be disappointed in the iPhone X screen size...the 5.8" screen on a bezeless device will give the illusion of a much larger screen on a smaller device especially since we've had the same model iPhone with HUGE BEZELS for the last four iterations of the iPhone 6 Plus. With the exception of two of my Blackberry devices (I forgot the name/numbers) which went from a TrackBall to a Trackpad, all of the devices that I've owned the screen ratio/size changed. This is common practice when upgrading and I personally welcome the change.
Honestly, I'm just hoping Apple gets everything else right on the iPhone X, I'm totally happy with the screen size on a bezeless device.

I understand 5.8” > 5.5” on a ruler. This better explains my point:
https://youtu.be/E0Pqw8UBlUY

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iPhone X screen will show content same size as iPhone 8. Screen isn’t any “bigger" , just taller. People keep assuming 5.8" will be bigger than iPhone 8 plus.
I see a lot of disappointed people and complaints on this forum in near future

Exactly. When you look at a points measurement on the aspect ratio, the 8 Plus screen is actually slightly bigger than the X. That 5.8" diagonal measurement is very steep. It's not really any wider than the iPhone 8 screen. They're both 375 points across.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. When you look at a points measurement on the aspect ratio, the 8 Plus screen is actually slightly bigger than the X. That 5.8" diagonal measurement is very steep. It's not really any wider than the iPhone 8 screen. They're both 375 points across.

Yes, but once you get rid of the huge bezels the illusion makes the screen feel and look larger. Also, as with most upgrades... screen ratio/size change. I welcome this change if nothing more than to get rid of the HUGE bezels of the 6/6s/7/8 Pluses...Bring on the iPhone X

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I understand 5.8” > 5.5” on a ruler. This better explains my point:
https://youtu.be/E0Pqw8UBlUY

I think the point Derrick is making is that the smaller form factor without a bezel, regardless of width, will make the screen seem much larger than it really is.

I think the people going for the X, like the fact that it’s not huge & clunky....at least that’s my reasoning. I couldn’t care less about the actual screen size compared to the Plus.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
if you have an iWatch, then you should notchoose note 8
Note 7 should destroy Apple last year, but they made mistake
and Apple will now show no mercy
You can use the Apple watch with the note 8, you just don't get notifications but you can do everything else.

Also I'll probably end up grabbing a x along with my note 8. Love it so much right now

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the point Derrick is making is that the smaller form factor without a bezel, regardless of width, will make the screen seem much larger than it really is.

I think the people going for the X, like the fact that it’s not huge & clunky....at least that’s my reasoning. I couldn’t care less about the actual screen size compared to the Plus.

EXACTLY my point Nikki. Thanks for your explanation.

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I do miss Samsung’s OLED displays.
The OLED on the X is one of the reason why I want the iPhone X.
If only Apple amped up the resolution to 2K, that would be super cool!

Eh... I don’t really care to much about a ultra high resolution on any phone.

Once you get to true HD and beyond , it’s kinda pointless on a phone screen.

I think at that point it just eats battery life and processing power.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I have both and both are great. Each has its own strengths and differences, but both are outstanding. I use iPhone for work and Note8 for personal uses.

Glad to hear that you are using both. As someone that is constantly switching back and forth between both OS's I understand the both have their pros and cons, but I find the both being equal, but in different ways. With that being said, I swear that I want to punch somebody square in the face every time I hear the " I am tied into the ecosystem blah, blah, blah" Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Eh... I don’t really care to much about a ultra high resolution on any phone.

Once you get to true HD and beyond , it’s kinda pointless on a phone screen.

I think at that point it just eats battery life and processing power.

Yeap.
1080p is more than enough, but having 2K

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73