Anyone interested in the Galaxy Note 8 instead of iPhone X?

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
comes down to iOS and android is so much better in everything. when i see iTunes that i can not even copy my music to my Phone. i own my iphone for a year and no music on it because itunes is trash. i need to copy my music to my mac and so on.

so before buying an iPhone X make sure it fits to you.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
comes down to iOS and android is so much better in everything. when i see iTunes that i can not even copy my music to my Phone. i own my iphone for a year and no music on it because itunes is trash. i need to copy my music to my mac and so on.

Why don’t you use a music streaming service?
It’ll then be easier when you switch platforms.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I came from android to iOS, it’s never been a problem. 1. You just have to know how exactly
2. I subscribe to Apple Music, best quality music for streaming or offline play. I don’t even listen to my personal collection, most of that music is available on Apple Music with much better quality.

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Why don’t you use a music streaming service?
It’ll then be easier when you switch platforms.

That’s what I did. Switched over to Apple Music too.

So easy to say “ hey Siri.. play this” and boom... she does it and does it well.

Plus download whatever you want for offline play.

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
For sure!
At the end of the day, Android OS doesn’t tend to perform as well after a few months of usage.

Man this is so true.

I would have minimal apps on my androids and they would still slow to a crawl sometimes.

I never liked iOS or iPhones until I actually tried them.

Night and day difference, buttery smooth performance on the iPhone, not one crash or lag.

Just a very seamless experience across the board, add the Apple Watch 3, a pair of AirPods... game over.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Man this is so true.

I would have minimal apps on my androids and they would still slow to a crawl sometimes.

I never liked iOS or iPhones until I actually tried them.

Night and day difference, buttery smooth performance on the iPhone, not one crash or lag.

Just a very seamless experience across the board, add the Apple Watch 3, a pair of AirPods... game over.

You summed it up really well
It’s a great ecosystem to be fully invested in.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
How do you guys feel about not having the finger print sensor on iPhone X and having to type in passwords for all your apps again? Will Face ID be implemented by the banking apps and password apps ect., at some point? Having to type in my passwords again when I shouldn't have to would annoy the crap outa me lol

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I do miss Samsung’s OLED displays.
The OLED on the X is one of the reason why I want the iPhone X.
If only Apple amped up the resolution to 2K, that would be super cool!

My only issue with the iPhone X is that hideous notch at the top of their display. Why in the world would apple think that is a good thing???

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Breakfast on the Note 8!
82118463888557ae68959e06ee260578.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Also I’m done with the giant phones, the iPhone X has the best of both worlds.

Smaller form factor and big screen

Exactly.
I have indeed thought about getting one (Note8), but have decided to wait on the iPhone X and see what it has to offer. As @newtoios has said, "I'm done with giant phones (maybe) and the iPhone X will have a smaller form factor with a big screen, the best of both worlds". I've been waiting for this kind of device for a few years now and hopefully Apple got it right.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My only issue with the iPhone X is that hideous notch at the top of their display. Why in the world would apple think that is a good thing???

We’ll eventually get used to it.
They’re trying to make it iconic and something that resembles their company.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Exactly.
I have indeed thought about getting one (Note8), but have decided to wait on the iPhone X and see what it has to offer. As @newtoios has said, "I'm done with giant phones (maybe) and the iPhone X will have a smaller form factor with a big screen, the best of both worlds". I've been waiting for this kind of device for a few years now and hopefully Apple got it right.

iPhone X screen will show content same size as iPhone 8. Screen isn’t any “bigger" , just taller. People keep assuming 5.8" will be bigger than iPhone 8 plus.
I see a lot of disappointed people and complaints on this forum in near future

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've gone back and forth between Apple and Samsung devices. The Note 8 is an excellent device, but as mentioned previously I'm well invested in the Apple ecosystem (iMac, MacBook Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro, iPhone 7, 7 Plus and Apple Watch) and have no real reason to switch all that out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods