Anyone interested in the Galaxy Note 8 instead of iPhone X?

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
The Note 8 is an amazing device, but it won’t give me seamless access to all my other devices. Plus Android doesn’t play nice with the Medical software I build & test. The last Android device I had was the S5 & I used it as my second device until I realized I wasn’t using it any more. Samsung devices definitely have a lot of features, but they’re features that would end up going unused.

BTW...my nails are really long too & I just replaced one of my devices with the iPhone 8. It’s small but I’ve grown use to it, so the X will be pretty easy lll

What medical software you build with long nails? :) I used to be a programmer before I went to med school.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still think I'm crazy for walking away from a perfect ecosystem. I do find myself doubting my decision at times but I know I couldn't give up this phone. I'd have to simply grab another iPhone and switch back and forth.

Don’t feel bad about doing that. It’s all about doing what ‘you’ think is best for ‘you’. I’ve had a mobile device since 1989, and Blackberry devices were my favorite, especially the 7290 and the original Blackberry Bold (9000). I experimented with several non-Apple brands before realizing that the iPhone and iOS was a perfect match for ‘me’.

Last edited:

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I ended up getting the iPhone 8 Plus instead; I think I'll wait and see what the Xs will be like. I thought about the Note 8, for a moment, but my real choice came down to a new iPhone or the V30. I prefer the V30 to the Note 8.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Epic & OnBase. I did the opposite of you...didn’t go to med school but I became a nurse then went into informatics. Sometimes I’m ready to go back

Cool, Epic is great, Sutter health and Kaiser Permanente use Epic. The system I work for now mostly uses Cerner.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Cool, Epic is great, Sutter health and Kaiser Permanente use Epic. The system I work for now mostly uses Cerner.

I was at both of those places during implementation, as well as a few others on the west coast. I’m an independent contractor, so I travel all over. I’m currently working on the east coast. I’ve used Center a few times but never built it.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Yep. I purchased a Note 8 and I'll be hanging onto it. The Note 8 is actually bezel-less while the X has a small bezel around the whole screen. The Note 8 also doesn't have that terrible notch. I can watch full-screen videos without that added distraction. The Note 8 is available now. I was able to walk into a T-Mobile store with no problems getting one. People will be waiting months to get the iPhone X.

I will be getting an 8 Plus, though, to satisfy my iOS needs for the next year.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Yep. I purchased a Note 8 and I'll be hanging onto it. The Note 8 is actually bezel-less while the X has a small bezel around the whole screen. The Note 8 also doesn't have that terrible notch. I can watch full-screen videos without that added distraction. The Note 8 is available now. I was able to walk into a T-Mobile store with no problems getting one. People will be waiting months to get the iPhone X.

I will be getting an 8 Plus, though, to satisfy my iOS needs for the next year.
How do you like it so far?

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
it was to similar to the galaxy s8

I traded in my S8 for a Note 8 because they are both really different from each other. The only thing the Note 8 shares with the S8 is the look, but the S8 doesn't have the S Pen, the extra camera on the back, and the extra 2GB of RAM.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Me too. No way I'm giving this beast up. If I miss my iPhone I'll grab one. But this phone is a keeper. I love the look and feel and features.

I love being able to take out the S Pen and take a note right away. I also love that both rear cameras have OIS. Apple does selective focus better (bokeh), and it also has the new portrait mode, but overall the Note 8's pictures look better.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I traded in my S8 for a Note 8 because they are both really different from each other. The only thing the Note 8 shares with the S8 is the look, but the S8 doesn't have the S Pen, the extra camera on the back, and the extra 2GB of RAM.

I totally agree with you. For my situation though they are to similar to justify paying for that as well as my iPhone 8, which I was going to get no matter what. I am also not a fan of the larger phones these days, so I am good with my ip8 and galaxy s8

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I totally agree with you. For my situation though they are to similar to justify paying for that as well as my iPhone 8, which I was going to get no matter what. I am also not a fan of the larger phones these days, so I am good with my ip8 and galaxy s8

Oh I totally understand.

I first picked up the S8+ when they came out and I traded it in for a regular S8 because I wanted a smaller, pocketable phone. The Note 8 only comes in one size: giant. So I figured I'll have to deal with the giant device because I like the features. But I understand why people pass on phones because of size.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I’ve always been with the iPhone from the beginning. And I’m a geek too so I do Land up getting the flagship Samsung device every year too.
Same as every year I got the S8+, wasn’t impressed with it besides the display.
And now I’m looking at the Note 8 because just the other day I got a chance to play with a friends unit and was blown away by that camera system. It really threw away my iPhone 7+ shots.

So here I am stuck wanting the Note 8 and the iphone X

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve always been with the iPhone from the beginning. And I’m a geek too so I do Land up getting the flagship Samsung device every year too.
Same as every year I got the S8+, wasn’t impressed with it besides the display.
And now I’m looking at the Note 8 because just the other day I got a chance to play with a friends unit and was blown away by that camera system. It really threw away my iPhone 7+ shots.

So here I am stuck wanting the Note 8 and the iphone X

It’s always nice to have the best of both worlds.
As of late, I can no longer be bothered switching between the two platforms. Apple 100%

I do love Samsung’s design and display!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh