Anyone interested in the Galaxy Note 8 instead of iPhone X?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the note 8 and by far the best device to date. The X will have its work cut out for it to compete with the new note.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
When is the X coming out anyway?

Preorders start 10/27, release date is 11/3...
...actually seen ‘in the wild’ TBD??
I’m planning on preordering a ‘X’ on 10/27, but I think that I’d have better odds on picking winning lottery numbers than getting an 11/3 ship date for receiving it, lol.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I can’t stand Samsung Touch wiz bloat UI, it gets slow very quickly. If you switch it with another launcher, most of Samsung features turn off.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the note 8. Great device. But as always I feel more at home with iOS and always return. iMessage and other things are what do it. But the Note 8 was awesome. Love Samsung Pay for sure.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Not really. But I do have an S8+ and a Nextbit Robin for my Android fix. I had the Note 7, but didn't get to use it long enough for the stylus to become a must have feature for me.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Went to the Verizon store to see the iPhone X today. That notch is so obstructive. I only hope people become blind to it after time cuz I was annoyed just looking at it. I also didn't realize how small it was. More akin to the iPhone 8.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Went to the Verizon store to see the iPhone X today. That notch is so obstructive. I only hope people become blind to it after time cuz I was annoyed just looking at it. I also didn't realize how small it was. More akin to the iPhone 8.

Give it some time :)
I’ve grown to love it.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Give it some time :)
I’ve grown to love it.

Crazy because I watched the keynote and said no way am I getting this phone. Hated the notch, hated the fact the fingerprint sensor and home button was gone. I then saw the pixel launch and was like now I may have to go back to android. Preordered the pixel 2XL, went into Verizon to see the store model (twice) and was beyond disappointed with the screen quality and build. That’s when I caved and said now I have to get the X.

Got it delivered Friday 11/3, thought it was a little clunky and heavy. Didn’t love the whole gesture stuff. Now it’s Monday and I love the phone! Once all the apps update their screen ratio I think this phone will be even more amazing.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I did the same. Preordered the pixel xl 2. After playing with it I was very disappointed. Got the 8 plus then then X. Much happier.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Crazy because I watched the keynote and said no way am I getting this phone. Hated the notch, hated the fact the fingerprint sensor and home button was gone. I then saw the pixel launch and was like now I may have to go back to android. Preordered the pixel 2XL, went into Verizon to see the store model (twice) and was beyond disappointed with the screen quality and build. That’s when I caved and said now I have to get the X.

Got it delivered Friday 11/3, thought it was a little clunky and heavy. Didn’t love the whole gesture stuff. Now it’s Monday and I love the phone! Once all the apps update their screen ratio I think this phone will be even more amazing.

That’s crazy!
I’m happy to hear you’re loving your X so far

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I did the same. Preordered the pixel xl 2. After playing with it I was very disappointed. Got the 8 plus then then X. Much happier.

Couldn’t believe the flop google had with that phone, it’s a pathetic piece of technology for this day and age. Even the original pixel display was 10x better. Going with LG was their worst decision

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I might play with a Note 8 just to see, never really played with one except looked at a Note 5 briefly when I was swapping carriers and deciding between another Android phone or trying WP8 with the Lumia 1020 (which I did). I'm usually vehemently opposed to Samsung due to their Touchwiz/whatever they're calling it now Android skin but the phone itself is intriguing for sure. I'd likely end up on a Pixel 2 (non-XL) though if I went back to Android. Even with 3rd party launchers to cover up most of Samsung's skin, you still have to deal with update issues and Nexus/Pixel is the only way to truly deal with that.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Seeing it in a store and actually using it as a daily driver are two different things. I wasn’t fond of the overall look of the device but after using it since launch, I haven’t really noticed the annoyances I had with it. It really isn’t bad at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro