Im getting iPhone. I dont like the way android looks
    10-22-2017 06:28 PM
    When is the X coming out anyway? Kinda glad I didn't wait. I knew I was gonna love this Note 8. Glad i preordered it!
    It’ll be available on November 3 with limited supply.
    Auronda40 likes this.
    10-22-2017 07:56 PM
    I can’t stand Samsung Touch wiz bloat UI, it gets slow very quickly. If you switch it with another launcher, most of Samsung features turn off.
    10-23-2017 01:16 AM
    Yes my friend, I recently made a big decision and going back to Android with Galaxy Note 8 after six years with Apple. I love its camera performance and other features.
    11-06-2017 06:03 AM
    I don’t see myself using an Android device anymore.
    I’m happy with iOS and Apple.
    11-06-2017 06:25 AM
    I had the note 8. Great device. But as always I feel more at home with iOS and always return. iMessage and other things are what do it. But the Note 8 was awesome. Love Samsung Pay for sure.
    Zolti likes this.
    11-06-2017 10:31 AM
    Not really. But I do have an S8+ and a Nextbit Robin for my Android fix. I had the Note 7, but didn't get to use it long enough for the stylus to become a must have feature for me.
    11-06-2017 11:28 AM
    Went to the Verizon store to see the iPhone X today. That notch is so obstructive. I only hope people become blind to it after time cuz I was annoyed just looking at it. I also didn't realize how small it was. More akin to the iPhone 8.
    11-06-2017 02:54 PM
    Went to the Verizon store to see the iPhone X today. That notch is so obstructive. I only hope people become blind to it after time cuz I was annoyed just looking at it. I also didn't realize how small it was. More akin to the iPhone 8.
    Give it some time
    I’ve grown to love it.
    11-06-2017 06:55 PM
    Give it some time
    I’ve grown to love it.
    Crazy because I watched the keynote and said no way am I getting this phone. Hated the notch, hated the fact the fingerprint sensor and home button was gone. I then saw the pixel launch and was like now I may have to go back to android. Preordered the pixel 2XL, went into Verizon to see the store model (twice) and was beyond disappointed with the screen quality and build. That’s when I caved and said now I have to get the X.

Got it delivered Friday 11/3, thought it was a little clunky and heavy. Didn’t love the whole gesture stuff. Now it’s Monday and I love the phone! Once all the apps update their screen ratio I think this phone will be even more amazing.
    11-06-2017 07:44 PM
    I did the same. Preordered the pixel xl 2. After playing with it I was very disappointed. Got the 8 plus then then X. Much happier.
    11-06-2017 07:49 PM
    Crazy because I watched the keynote and said no way am I getting this phone. Hated the notch, hated the fact the fingerprint sensor and home button was gone. I then saw the pixel launch and was like now I may have to go back to android. Preordered the pixel 2XL, went into Verizon to see the store model (twice) and was beyond disappointed with the screen quality and build. That’s when I caved and said now I have to get the X.

Got it delivered Friday 11/3, thought it was a little clunky and heavy. Didn’t love the whole gesture stuff. Now it’s Monday and I love the phone! Once all the apps update their screen ratio I think this phone will be even more amazing.
    That’s crazy!
    I’m happy to hear you’re loving your X so far
    11-06-2017 07:55 PM
    I did the same. Preordered the pixel xl 2. After playing with it I was very disappointed. Got the 8 plus then then X. Much happier.
    Couldn’t believe the flop google had with that phone, it’s a pathetic piece of technology for this day and age. Even the original pixel display was 10x better. Going with LG was their worst decision
    areyes163 likes this.
    11-06-2017 07:58 PM
    I might play with a Note 8 just to see, never really played with one except looked at a Note 5 briefly when I was swapping carriers and deciding between another Android phone or trying WP8 with the Lumia 1020 (which I did). I'm usually vehemently opposed to Samsung due to their Touchwiz/whatever they're calling it now Android skin but the phone itself is intriguing for sure. I'd likely end up on a Pixel 2 (non-XL) though if I went back to Android. Even with 3rd party launchers to cover up most of Samsung's skin, you still have to deal with update issues and Nexus/Pixel is the only way to truly deal with that.
    11-06-2017 08:11 PM
    Seeing it in a store and actually using it as a daily driver are two different things. I wasn’t fond of the overall look of the device but after using it since launch, I haven’t really noticed the annoyances I had with it. It really isn’t bad at all.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-06-2017 10:05 PM
    I have both and the size is the big difference between the two. With Android you can change the font size through out the entire device but on apple you can’t. Both nice devices but the note is the true winner all around IMO.
    11-07-2017 06:35 AM
    Nope. I don’t see myself buying another Android device.
    I’m home to stay.
    I’ll try whatever comes up next as a viable third platform as a side device though.
    11-07-2017 06:53 AM
    I totally agree about the font side of things. I wish iOS had the same option. Rather annoying really...

I have both and the size is the big difference between the two. With Android you can change the font size through out the entire device but on apple you can’t. Both nice devices but the note is the true winner all around IMO.
    11-07-2017 12:54 PM
    It’s under accessibility. I️ change the font size because I’m blind lol. Makes everything larger.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-07-2017 02:53 PM
    Most people think the Note 8 screen is better than the iPhone X because of the higher ppi count. I️ have both phones and I️ happen to like the color accuracy of the iPhone X more. Also, I️ was initially very impressed with watching HDR content via Netflix on my Note 8, well I️ watched an episode of Stranger Things in HDR in both phones side-by-side and the iPhone X blew me away. Stranger things is a very dark show so lots of scenes with nothing but inky blacks and great contrast against the other colors in the scene. I️ don’t know if the difference is because Apple has implemented Dolby Vision HDR and Samsung uses the HDR 10 protocol, but the difference was definitely noticeable. Note even the Note 8 could compete. Apple really knocked it out of the park with this thing.
    11-07-2017 06:16 PM
    Most people think the Note 8 screen is better than the iPhone X because of the higher ppi count. I️ have both phones and I️ happen to like the color accuracy of the iPhone X more. Also, I️ was initially very impressed with watching HDR content via Netflix on my Note 8, well I️ watched an episode of Stranger Things in HDR in both phones side-by-side and the iPhone X blew me away. Stranger things is a very dark show so lots of scenes with nothing but inky blacks and great contrast against the other colors in the scene. I️ don’t know if the difference is because Apple has implemented Dolby Vision HDR and Samsung uses the HDR 10 protocol, but the difference was definitely noticeable. Note even the Note 8 could compete. Apple really knocked it out of the park with this thing.
    I tested my S8+ and iPhone X tonight using Dr. Strange on Netflix and I felt my X looked much better too. I don't have the Netflix plan that includes HDR. Been waiting until I get an HDR TV, but even in just HD the X looked better.
    Not all video does though. I've watched YouTube vids that the S8+ looks better.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-07-2017 08:47 PM
    The difference is likely in the oversaturated colors on the Samsung. The problem is, when you oversaturate the colors it makes everything darker. When you get a truly dark scene, then the oversaturated tends to look "super-saturated," which makes the colors all so dark they become hard to distinguish from each other.
    11-08-2017 11:36 AM
147 ... 456