Anyone interested in the Galaxy Note 8 instead of iPhone X?

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I recently traded my iPhone 6s plus in for a galaxy note 8. I've had every iteration of iPhone and every iteration of the Note series. I was just wondering if anyone was considering jumping over to the Note 8. Or, are you content with waiting out the iPhone X. I love both platforms but this year I just felt that the Note 8 was the better choice. Still have my iMac and iPad mini 4 and feel like I've hit the trifecta!! The note 8 is just utter perfection. Anyone else gonna take some time off from iPhone this year?

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I’d love a Note 8, it looks amazing. But I’m iPhone all the way, and there’s no way I can afford both of them!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I haven’t even considered using a different smartphone brand in years. The Note 8 is a gorgeous device and a good deal of people enjoy using it. I simply am not ready to move away from the iPhone and iOS. Both are the perfect solution for ‘me’.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
To be honest, I haven’t even considered using a different smartphone brand in years. The Note 8 is a gorgeous device and a good deal of people enjoy using it. I simply am not ready to move away from the iPhone and iOS. Both are the perfect solution for ‘me’.
Trust me it was a really difficult decision to step out of this ecosystem. I actually called Verizon and asked them to exchange it for an iPhone but then I changed my mind mid shipment and had them reverse the shipment lol. I think I switched this year because I got a little bored with my iPhone. Maybe next year I'll switch back. It was also hard because my kids and mother have iPhones. You kinda feel like odd man out.

Last edited:

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I get bored with iOS every so often and last year I tried the Note 7. We all know how that worked out . After what i considered a weak showing by Apple for the iPhone X, I debated on the 8 Plus or the Note 8. The discount for former Note 7 owners was what pushed me over the top. I've had the Note 8 for 5 days now and I feel out of my element since I'm so used to iOS but it's a fantastic and beautiful device and I'm going to run with it for a month and if I don't feel it's right for me I'll go back to iOS.
I still love my Apple products. I have a 9.7" iPad pro so for now I get the best of both worlds.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I don't think any phone will extinguish my desire for the iPhone. I know at some point that craving is gonna come. But being under a two year contract helps with those cravings. This phone is really making me happy though, I love it. If I do cave in I'm not gonna get rid of this phone, I'm gonna grab an iPhone and have both. We shall see

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I was a little interested in the note 8 but for me, it was to similar to the galaxy s8. I knew I was trading my ip7 in for the ip8 so I just couldn’t convince myself to get the note having the s8 also.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I have long nails so the pen on the Note 8 is priceless to me which is why I didn't go for the S8. It being slightly bigger also grabbed my attention because the bigger the better! I'm telling you I would've bought that galaxy mega if the specs were better lol

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I have both and both are great. Each has its own strengths and differences, but both are outstanding. I use iPhone for work and Note8 for personal uses.
Do you prefer one over the other? Or could you switch them around like iPhone for personal use and note 8 for work?

csiguy1

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Sooo hard to say but if I had to choose just one phone for everything I guess that it would be the iPhone 8 Plus. Very hard choice since both are so good but I am so invested in Apple I guess it would have to be Apple.

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Not this guy. The Note 8 is a beautiful phone but I’m too into Apple to make the switch.
I thought the same thing. I have iMac, iPad mini 4, and had the iPhone 6s plus. I was deep into the ecosystem and terrified to leave. But the Note 8 was calling me and I almost chickened out a week in and exchanged the phone for an iPhone but I knew it would miss this thing terribly. So you know what? If I start missing the iPhone in a years time I'll pick one up. But I will not be selling this phone. It's amazing!

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Sooo hard to say but if I had to choose just one phone for everything I guess that it would be the iPhone 8 Plus. Very hard choice since both are so good but I am so invested in Apple I guess it would have to be Apple.
As long as i still have an iron in the fire, meaning my iPad mini 4 and my iMac i don't feel totally disconnected and left out because i can still FaceTime my family who all have Apple devices. I do miss imessage though

csiguy1

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
As long as i still have an iron in the fire, meaning my iPad mini 4 and my iMac i don't feel totally disconnected and left out because i can still FaceTime my family who all have Apple devices. I do miss imessage though

Good thought, I am just too lazy to drag my iPad around all of the time.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The Note 8 is an amazing device, but it won’t give me seamless access to all my other devices. Plus Android doesn’t play nice with the Medical software I build & test. The last Android device I had was the S5 & I used it as my second device until I realized I wasn’t using it any more. Samsung devices definitely have a lot of features, but they’re features that would end up going unused.

BTW...my nails are really long too & I just replaced one of my devices with the iPhone 8. It’s small but I’ve grown use to it, so the X will be pretty easy lll

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
I still think I'm crazy for walking away from a perfect ecosystem. I do find myself doubting my decision at times but I know I couldn't give up this phone. I'd have to simply grab another iPhone and switch back and forth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative