While I like Samsung's hardware, even when I used Android for a number of years I avoided Samsung like the plague because of the skin they use over Android (used to be Touchwiz now it's something different on the 8 series phones). I prefer Google's vision for Android styling if I'm going to use an Android device. Once Android 4 came out the OS had a much better look than the old days which was what originally drove OEM's to skin those old versions of Android to fix some shortcomings and also to be different.

I also learned after checking out the new S8 and S8 Plus that my parents upgraded their S5's to a couple weeks ago that I don't actually like Samsung's curve edge design. It feels nice, but leaves an ugly visual distortion on those edges. I'd rather just have a super thin bezel like the X.
    If I had to recommend Android to someone, I’d tell them to get a Pixel. Stock Android beats TouchWiz every time.
    flyinion likes this.
    09-28-2017 04:57 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ce400c04d4.jpg

This doesn’t look bezel-less to me. There’s clearly a forehead and chin albeit a lot smaller but still there.
    Semantics.

Small enough for an ear piece and sensors. But no bezels on the sides, unlike the iPhone X.
    09-28-2017 09:22 PM
    If I had to recommend Android to someone, I’d tell them to get a Pixel. Stock Android beats TouchWiz every time.
    TouchWiz hasn't existed for a year now.
    09-28-2017 09:22 PM
    I've seen the new skin on the S8's and still not impressed. I'd still take stock Android over their new UI as well.
    09-28-2017 09:46 PM
    I've seen the new skin on the S8's and still not impressed. I'd still take stock Android over their new UI as well.
    Count me in.
    I’ve never had the chance to try it, but have been wanting to give it a try for a few years now.
    Auronda40 likes this.
    09-28-2017 10:49 PM
    No. My s8+ is already tall enough and the Note 8 is even taller. Way too hard to pocket.
    09-28-2017 11:51 PM
    You couldn’t pay me to give Samsung more money for their tech. The degradation factor is off the charts.
    09-29-2017 12:01 AM
    You couldn’t pay me to give Samsung more money for their tech. The degradation factor is off the charts.
    The batteries in the S8/S8+/Note 8 will only degrade by 5% in a year, vs 20% degradation after 500 charge cycles in iPhones.
    The Galaxy S8's new battery will degrade less quickly than the Galaxy S7's

Not trying to sound like a Samsung shill, but that's quite impressive.

With that being said, I'm still picking up an iPhone 8 Plus or the X sometime in the future.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    09-29-2017 12:17 PM
    Not me... I was a die hard android fan until I got sick of my android phones becoming laggy and glitchy after awhile. Bought my 1st iPhone (7+) and haven’t looked back.

The only thing I missed was the gorgeous oled screens.... which with the iPhone X will have...
    09-29-2017 05:30 PM
    Not me... I was a die hard android fan until I got sick of my android phones becoming laggy and glitchy after awhile. Bought my 1st iPhone (7+) and haven’t looked back.

The only thing I missed was the gorgeous oled screens.... which with the iPhone X will have...
    I do miss Samsung’s OLED displays.
    The OLED on the X is one of the reason why I want the iPhone X.
    If only Apple amped up the resolution to 2K, that would be super cool!
    09-30-2017 01:59 AM
    It looks like a duck, swims like a duck , quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. Current one is just a different name with slight changes.
    09-30-2017 02:30 AM
    It looks like a duck, swims like a duck , quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. Current one is just a different name with slight changes.
    HAHAHA
    09-30-2017 04:12 AM
    comes down to iOS and android is so much better in everything. when i see iTunes that i can not even copy my music to my Phone. i own my iphone for a year and no music on it because itunes is trash. i need to copy my music to my mac and so on.

so before buying an iPhone X make sure it fits to you.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    09-30-2017 04:29 AM
    comes down to iOS and android is so much better in everything. when i see iTunes that i can not even copy my music to my Phone. i own my iphone for a year and no music on it because itunes is trash. i need to copy my music to my mac and so on.

Why don’t you use a music streaming service?
    It’ll then be easier when you switch platforms.
    Just_Me_D and newtoios like this.
    09-30-2017 04:33 AM

I came from android to iOS, it’s never been a problem. 1. You just have to know how exactly
    2. I subscribe to Apple Music, best quality music for streaming or offline play. I don’t even listen to my personal collection, most of that music is available on Apple Music with much better quality.
    09-30-2017 05:20 AM
    Why don’t you use a music streaming service?
    It’ll then be easier when you switch platforms.
    That’s what I did. Switched over to Apple Music too.

So easy to say “ hey Siri.. play this” and boom... she does it and does it well.

Plus download whatever you want for offline play.
    09-30-2017 06:20 AM
    For sure!
    At the end of the day, Android OS doesn’t tend to perform as well after a few months of usage.
    Man this is so true.

I would have minimal apps on my androids and they would still slow to a crawl sometimes.

I never liked iOS or iPhones until I actually tried them.

Night and day difference, buttery smooth performance on the iPhone, not one crash or lag.

Just a very seamless experience across the board, add the Apple Watch 3, a pair of AirPods... game over.
    09-30-2017 06:35 AM
    Man this is so true.

I would have minimal apps on my androids and they would still slow to a crawl sometimes.

I never liked iOS or iPhones until I actually tried them.

Night and day difference, buttery smooth performance on the iPhone, not one crash or lag.

Just a very seamless experience across the board, add the Apple Watch 3, a pair of AirPods... game over.
    You summed it up really well
    It’s a great ecosystem to be fully invested in.
    Auronda40 likes this.
    09-30-2017 06:36 AM
    Also I’m done with the giant phones, the iPhone X has the best of both worlds.

Smaller form factor and big screen
    09-30-2017 06:38 AM

Yep!
    I can’t wait to hold it in my hands.
    I’m hoping it’ll be easy to use with one hand.
    09-30-2017 06:44 AM
    How do you guys feel about not having the finger print sensor on iPhone X and having to type in passwords for all your apps again? Will Face ID be implemented by the banking apps and password apps ect., at some point? Having to type in my passwords again when I shouldn't have to would annoy the crap outa me lol
    DMP89145 likes this.
    09-30-2017 07:01 AM
    I do miss Samsung’s OLED displays.
    The OLED on the X is one of the reason why I want the iPhone X.
    If only Apple amped up the resolution to 2K, that would be super cool!
    My only issue with the iPhone X is that hideous notch at the top of their display. Why in the world would apple think that is a good thing???
    09-30-2017 07:27 AM
    After having my 7+ for a while. I'm not a big phone fan. I couldn't go back to a smaller screen though. The X is perfect.
    09-30-2017 08:37 AM
    Breakfast on the Note 8!
    09-30-2017 08:43 AM

Exactly.
    I have indeed thought about getting one (Note8), but have decided to wait on the iPhone X and see what it has to offer. As @newtoios has said, "I'm done with giant phones (maybe) and the iPhone X will have a smaller form factor with a big screen, the best of both worlds". I've been waiting for this kind of device for a few years now and hopefully Apple got it right.
    09-30-2017 08:59 AM
153 12345 ...