IPhone X production delays

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I understand the being 3 phones this time around, but last year, all the models sold out relatively quickly (with the jet black having the longest delays). It still took until almost december for the wait times for all models of the plus to come back to within a few days.

True but if people are waiting to see the x first or just waiting to decided, we still can’t get an accurate number until the x is released. Plus we have no idea if Apple learned from their short supply issues or not. All I’m saying is there’s no clear way to compare the data right now.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
This is what people don't understand. For example, LG has only just reached 80% yield on OLED screens this year. OLED is not robust, and chances are that another technology will supersede it before it ever becomes wholly mainstream. There literally is no way that every flagship iPhone could be OLED today. This is another reason why we have 8 and X.

OLED screens have been around for six years now. The article doesn't mention what part of production is being held up, but i can guarantee you that it's not because of the OLED screens.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
BTW, there's 256GB iPhone 8 Pluses in stock at my local Apple Store and T-Mobile store. My T-Mobile rep told me people are either holding out for the X, or people don't like the price of the X and hanging onto their devices for another year.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
OLED screens have been around for six years now. The article doesn't mention what part of production is being held up, but i can guarantee you that it's not because of the OLED screens.

I have to disagree with this. OLED is most likely the source of the holdup and the limited supply. Samsung consumes most of their own OLED displays, and since Apple is supplying OLED from Samsung it is competing with Samsung for the simply. The iPhone X was never intended to be a large run. It was envisioned as a special edition, limited availability product. You will see this come end of October.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
True but if people are waiting to see the x first or just waiting to decided, we still can’t get an accurate number until the x is released. Plus we have no idea if Apple learned from their short supply issues or not. All I’m saying is there’s no clear way to compare the data right now.

Yes but that still doesn't change the fact of no backorders. Most will wait for the x yes, and apple never has enough supply, they love having that "hype" for the demand because they wait until the last minute to ramp up production (which if these delays are true, looks like finally came back to really bite them in the ***)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
BTW, there's 256GB iPhone 8 Pluses in stock at my local Apple Store and T-Mobile store. My T-Mobile rep told me people are either holding out for the X, or people don't like the price of the X and hanging onto their devices for another year.

I think people may be waiting. Apple using the same design 4 years in a row will definitely put some off. That and the fact that apple supports their devices so long, people will hold onto their devices longer.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes but that still doesn't change the fact of no backorders. Most will wait for the x yes, and apple never has enough supply, they love having that "hype" for the demand because they wait until the last minute to ramp up production (which if these delays are true, looks like finally came back to really bite them in the ***)

Analysis is part of my business model, but at this point no one has actual facts to even base their analysis off of. It’s all speculation until the numbers are released.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Analysis is part of my business model, but at this point no one has actual facts to even base their analysis off of. It’s all speculation until the numbers are released.

It will be interesting to see what apple says about launch weekend. Usually they love to brag how many they have sold, this year they seem to be mum, which goes along with the idea of low sales.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It will be interesting to see what apple says about launch weekend. Usually they love to brag how many they have sold, this year they seem to be mum, which goes along with the idea of low sales.

Either way they’ll spin it to sound like it’s the best launch they’ve ever had.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I never hear anything until I come to the forums, so I’m always in the dark.

Either way they’ll spin it to sound like it’s the best launch they’ve ever had.

LOL

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I will pre-order, and hope to get one quickly after launch. Honestly if it drags on and on I will just keep my 7 Plus, I don't have to get a new phone, I just do it anyways. Plus the cost outside the US is going to be a huge factor, not a lot of 256GB buyers given the exchange rates so hopefully Apple will push more 256GB to the US.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As I have said in previous post that I hope Apple will ramp up production to avoid any long delays.

At a 1,000 bucks plus tax, folks patience will be real thin if they have to wait a long time to get one.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
As I have said in previous post that I hope Apple will ramp up production to avoid any long delays.

At a 1,000 bucks plus tax, folks patience will be real thin if they have to wait a long time to get one.

Yeah, people will probably opt out for the 8 if they had to wait until next year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods