I remember back when I was using Blackberry OS10 how the Apple faithful knocked the OS using the swipe and gesture functions and said how they loved the simplicity of Apple OS and the home button.

Well now Apple has decided to go the gesture route on the new X model. For myself, I am looking forward to getting one because I personally loved using the swipe and gestures. I was just curious how the hard core Apple folks will receive the new X?

Myself, I am all in and will be ordering mine on the preorder date and look forward to see where Apple takes it. I think they will do some cool things and it will be nice knowing they have the capital and resources to really make the gesturing concept work and have a app eco system to support it.

Should be a great time to own the new X. Just my two cents worth.
    dejanh likes this.
    09-15-2017 07:00 PM
    To be honest, I really haven’t given it much thought, but I’m the type of person who can adjust to using any smartphone whether with gestures or not. Anyway, I hope other members share their opinions soon.
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-15-2017 08:07 PM
    I wouldn’t call myself a hardcore apple person, and I loved everything about BB10 except the lack of apps so I never did get one. Since then, it seems I’ve been waiting for another phone like it, and now we have the iPhone X.
    Just_Me_D, mundo472 and Spencerdl like this.
    09-15-2017 08:28 PM
    I wouldn’t call myself a hardcore apple person, and I loved everything about BB10 except the lack of apps so I never did get one. Since then, it seems I’ve been waiting for another phone like it, and now we have the iPhone X.
    Exactly and a company who has the resources, app support and capital to make it work. I am excited about the X and I am buying one as soon as they are available.
    mundo472 and Spencerdl like this.
    09-15-2017 09:19 PM
    To be honest, gestures are the only reason really why I'm considering getting the X. As far as infinity screens and display quality go, my S8+ is and will be better than the X.

Gestures are how every phone OS should have been built.
    09-20-2017 11:32 PM
    I’m a fan of swipes and gestures as well.
    It’s going to revolutionise the user experience for sure and I’m looking forward to it.
    09-21-2017 06:03 AM
    I miss the gestures from BB10 and thoroughly enjoyed using it. It'll be interesting to see how Apple puts their signature on it going forward.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-21-2017 12:53 PM
    I mean honestly, how many NEW gestures are we talking about? Besides unlocking your phone and bringing up the open apps list everything else has pretty much run my either on screen buttons (which aren’t changing) or simple swiping. And their adding the button on the side for things like Siri.

People are overstating this a bit in a sense as if they’re converting a system that wasn’t gesture based to one that is when they aren’t. They’re just converting a couple functions that weren’t. In my opinion it’s been gesture based already. Swipe down for notifications, drag the home screen down for global search, swipe back and forth through home pages, swipe up for control center, hold and drag to move icons, 3D Touch, close apps. All of this stuff has been there and still be. Gestures are nothing new. Just need to get use to the few additions. People acting as if BB10 was the only OS gestures. They’re all gesture based. And the menu and apps have onscreen controls, as usual.
    09-21-2017 04:06 PM
    I remember back when I was using Blackberry OS10 how the Apple faithful knocked the OS using the swipe and gesture functions and said how they loved the simplicity of Apple OS and the home button.
    I remember those days!
    09-21-2017 09:24 PM