Strongly Considering Waiting Until XI

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
So I found out apple will give you 425 dollars if you trade in an iphone 7 plus 128 GB. Considering I only paid 600 for my 7 Plus (traded in my old iphone 6 and a school discount) that's not bad. But with the news of production delays and the fact that the iphone X will no doubt have some annoying bugs, and what not it just makes more sense to wait until next year when the improved model comes out or at the very least this year's model will be a little bit cheaper. Besides, the Apple Watch series 3 is more appealing to me right now. So waiting for the iphone X just makes more sense the more I think about it logically.

rmaximo2

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I like Apple products. Apple does many things with users in mind. This "notch/ears" design, however, has nothing to do with functionality, usability, or simplicity. It has everything to do with iPhone brand identity in the absence of the iconic home button. And that is my opinion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It's a reasonable opinion to have, certainly.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Planning to pre-order the X 256GB no matter what when it goes live. Just kind of bored with my 7 Plus and might get an 8Plus to kill time just in case the X takes a lot longer to get.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Strongly considering holding off on an iPhone purchase altogether this year. I'm wondering if Apple will solve the fingerprint scanner under glass issue in time for next year's iPhone? I've gotten so used to using fingerprint scanners and change is hard! But knowing Apple, they may very well decide to just go all in with Face ID and never bring back Touch ID on the highest end model. Anyone one else feel the same about the Touch ID issue?
Doubt it Craig himself said that touch Id under the screen was a backup if face id failed. It didn't so I wouldn't expect touch Id under the screen

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So I found out apple will give you 425 dollars if you trade in an iphone 7 plus 128 GB. Considering I only paid 600 for my 7 Plus (traded in my old iphone 6 and a school discount) that's not bad. But with the news of production delays and the fact that the iphone X will no doubt have some annoying bugs, and what not it just makes more sense to wait until next year when the improved model comes out or at the very least this year's model will be a little bit cheaper. Besides, the Apple Watch series 3 is more appealing to me right now. So waiting for the iphone X just makes more sense the more I think about it logically.

Where did you see that trade-in amount? I have a 256GB 7 Plus and they're only quoting me like $350.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Where did you see that trade-in amount? I have a 256GB 7 Plus and they're only quoting me like $350.

I went on apples website and looked up the trade in value. Granted this was like a week or two ago, so the trade in values could have changed now that the iPhone 8 is out.

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I’m not waiting for the XI, but I am going to not preorder and wait it out for a little while.

With the total redesign of the iPhone, I want to make absolutely sure any hardware issues are fully sorted out before I drop a minimum of $1000+ on anew phone.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I’m not waiting for the XI, but I am going to not preorder and wait it out for a little while.

With the total redesign of the iPhone, I want to make absolutely sure any hardware issues are fully sorted out before I drop a minimum of $1000+ on anew phone.

I think I’m going to give in after all. Maybe I’m just caught up in the hype, but I think I’ll be staying up tonight to pre-order. And I’m on the east coast so that’s 3am.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I think I’m going to give in after all. Maybe I’m just caught up in the hype, but I think I’ll be staying up tonight to pre-order. And I’m on the east coast so that’s 3am.

There’s nothing wrong with that, and you can always return it within two weeks of your purchase.

Best of luck on your pre-order!

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

I’m also waiting for next years iPhone. I fully believe we are still a year or two away from cameras, sensors and everything in that ugly bar on the iPhone X being under the glass. I hate the design of the X and I think Apple felt pressured to release a half realized design.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well guys, I gave in. Pre-ordered on Friday and my phone shipped today! I guess I’ll be a guinea pig after all.
f4d024d7b34143f91ec65b5c0b660446.png

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Can you name any benefits (other than aesthetics) of wasting potential screen real-estate by making the 'ears' solid bits with no function whatsoever?

What screen real-estate was wasted? Seems like they used every bit of possible space the phone allowed for the screen. The ears are separated by the technology that fuels FaceID. I understand that people may not like the look of it. What I don’t understand is the questioning of the function. It seems extremely obvious what the function is. Even if you don’t like the design.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods