Strongly Considering Waiting Until XI

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I do want to replace my Roku Ultra with an Apple TV 4K 32GB and buy an Apple Watch Series 3 but not quite sure when yet.

Oh yes, I've already ordered my 4K Apple TV. When they said they'd upgrade my existing iTunes purchases to 4K at no additional charge, that sealed the deal! It arrives on 9/22 so I'll have it in time to watch Spider-Man Homecoming in glorious 4K when it's released on iTunes on 9/26. Can't wait!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe, online rumors (just rumors) like on the Verge yesterday are staying that insiders are noting that basic stock of the X may be pushed back to 2018. I hope they're wrong. But even the 7+ did not have enough stock for launch last year. I wound up getting the 7 and not the 7+ because they were OOS in 15-min.

I can't see apple having that little of stock and shooting themselves in the foot (especially around the holiday season) if they cannot keep the X in stock. Would be a huge blow if ends up being true.
If the X ends up getting pushed back into 2018, I may try out the V30 since it looks like a solid device from LG.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry that I cannot help you understand. I developed my opinions from my observations of the many available videos and photos. If you get the iPhone X, please let us know if you find the "ears" useful and how they are of benefit to you.

How is the 'notch and ears' design not an example of efficiency? The phone no longer needs to dedicate a specific part of the screen solely for the status bar, which saves some amount of space and protects against burn-in from the status bar (which is by far the most persistent part of the UI).

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
How is the 'notch and ears' design not an example of efficiency? The phone no longer needs to dedicate a specific part of the screen solely for the status bar, which saves some amount of space and protects against burn-in from the status bar (which is by far the most persistent part of the UI).

I like Apple products. Apple does many things with users in mind. This "notch/ears" design, however, has nothing to do with functionality, usability, or simplicity. It has everything to do with iPhone brand identity in the absence of the iconic home button. And that is my opinion.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The ears are a bit annoying, but developers can work around that by putting black where the ears are and you won't notice them at all.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Initially I was excited about the X since my prior phone was gesture based (BlackBerry Z10) but unfortunately I walked away from the keynote not feeling wowed and more like meh it's a good start but not quite there yet for me. I guess I have higher expectations than Apple is willing or can give me on this first go round. So for me I'll be waiting to see how the X pans out and will definitely be paying close attention to the real world feedback. Keeping my fingers crossed that Apple improves on the next version. My best to all of you trailblazing X users!!

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I like Apple products. Apple does many things with users in mind. This "notch/ears" design, however, has nothing to do with functionality, usability, or simplicity. It has everything to do with iPhone brand identity in the absence of the iconic home button. And that is my opinion.

Can you name any benefits (other than aesthetics) of wasting potential screen real-estate by making the 'ears' solid bits with no function whatsoever?

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I refuse to use a phone that doesn't have a FP scanner. I'm holding onto my 7 indefinitely as the 8 isn't much different and I hate glass back phones.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the 8 or wait for next year’s iPhone. But man... everytime I watch a video of the X, it looks too good to be true!

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I just don’t see why someone would choose the display on the iPhone X over an S8 or even an LG G6. The cut out at the top is ugly af. At this point it boils down to software and chipset and the 8 or the 7 do just fine tbh

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Gonna wait for the bugs to get worked out on the new tech in the X... XI will be worth waiting for... will continue to rock the 7 Plus for another year

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just don’t see why someone would choose the display on the iPhone X over an S8 or even an LG G6. The cut out at the top is ugly af. At this point it boils down to software and chipset and the 8 or the 7 do just fine tbh

Reason = Animated P##P.

swimbikemom2

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Strongly considering holding off on an iPhone purchase altogether this year. I'm wondering if Apple will solve the fingerprint scanner under glass issue in time for next year's iPhone? I've gotten so used to using fingerprint scanners and change is hard! But knowing Apple, they may very well decide to just go all in with Face ID and never bring back Touch ID on the highest end model. Anyone one else feel the same about the Touch ID issue?

I feel the same way....I have a 7plus....don’t think I’ll upgrade this year....I really questions if the retina eye scan will have all the bugs worked out...I’m happy with what I have for now.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner