I don't like the fact it looks just like a Galaxy and the "Notch" is ugly as hell.
    Galaxies don't have that terrible notch.
    Jude526 likes this.
    09-17-2017 02:13 PM
    Neither does the LG V30.
    09-17-2017 02:43 PM
    Yeap, I prefer the look of the Galaxies with their Infinity Display.
    09-17-2017 07:23 PM
    The ears are a bit annoying, but developers can work around that by putting black where the ears are and you won't notice them at all.
    09-17-2017 09:25 PM
    Initially I was excited about the X since my prior phone was gesture based (BlackBerry Z10) but unfortunately I walked away from the keynote not feeling wowed and more like meh it's a good start but not quite there yet for me. I guess I have higher expectations than Apple is willing or can give me on this first go round. So for me I'll be waiting to see how the X pans out and will definitely be paying close attention to the real world feedback. Keeping my fingers crossed that Apple improves on the next version. My best to all of you trailblazing X users!!
    09-17-2017 09:37 PM
    The ears are a bit annoying, but developers can work around that by putting black where the ears are and you won't notice them at all.
    I have read that Apple does not want developers to hide the notch.
    09-17-2017 09:41 PM
    I like Apple products. Apple does many things with users in mind. This "notch/ears" design, however, has nothing to do with functionality, usability, or simplicity. It has everything to do with iPhone brand identity in the absence of the iconic home button. And that is my opinion.
    Can you name any benefits (other than aesthetics) of wasting potential screen real-estate by making the 'ears' solid bits with no function whatsoever?
    09-18-2017 10:47 AM
    I refuse to use a phone that doesn't have a FP scanner. I'm holding onto my 7 indefinitely as the 8 isn't much different and I hate glass back phones.
    09-18-2017 07:06 PM
    I was thinking of getting the 8 or wait for next year’s iPhone. But man... everytime I watch a video of the X, it looks too good to be true!
    nikkisharif and Spencerdl like this.
    09-19-2017 01:00 AM
    I was thinking of getting the 8 or wait for next year’s iPhone. But man... everytime I watch a video of the X, it looks too good to be true!
    Same about those videos of the X. I gotta stop watching them. Haha
    09-19-2017 01:06 AM
    Same about those videos of the X. I gotta stop watching them. Haha
    Hahaha I know right!
    The Space Grey looks premium with the stainless steel surrounding it. I’m just hoping that it won’t be a chaotic preorder night.
    09-19-2017 01:15 AM
    I just don’t see why someone would choose the display on the iPhone X over an S8 or even an LG G6. The cut out at the top is ugly af. At this point it boils down to software and chipset and the 8 or the 7 do just fine tbh
    09-19-2017 09:56 PM
    Gonna wait for the bugs to get worked out on the new tech in the X... XI will be worth waiting for... will continue to rock the 7 Plus for another year
    09-19-2017 10:55 PM
    I just don’t see why someone would choose the display on the iPhone X over an S8 or even an LG G6. The cut out at the top is ugly af. At this point it boils down to software and chipset and the 8 or the 7 do just fine tbh
    Reason = Animated P##P.
    09-20-2017 12:05 PM
    Strongly considering holding off on an iPhone purchase altogether this year. I'm wondering if Apple will solve the fingerprint scanner under glass issue in time for next year's iPhone? I've gotten so used to using fingerprint scanners and change is hard! But knowing Apple, they may very well decide to just go all in with Face ID and never bring back Touch ID on the highest end model. Anyone one else feel the same about the Touch ID issue?
    I feel the same way....I have a 7plus....don’t think I’ll upgrade this year....I really questions if the retina eye scan will have all the bugs worked out...I’m happy with what I have for now.....
    09-20-2017 07:20 PM
    So I found out apple will give you 425 dollars if you trade in an iphone 7 plus 128 GB. Considering I only paid 600 for my 7 Plus (traded in my old iphone 6 and a school discount) that's not bad. But with the news of production delays and the fact that the iphone X will no doubt have some annoying bugs, and what not it just makes more sense to wait until next year when the improved model comes out or at the very least this year's model will be a little bit cheaper. Besides, the Apple Watch series 3 is more appealing to me right now. So waiting for the iphone X just makes more sense the more I think about it logically.
    09-21-2017 09:52 PM
    I like Apple products. Apple does many things with users in mind. This "notch/ears" design, however, has nothing to do with functionality, usability, or simplicity. It has everything to do with iPhone brand identity in the absence of the iconic home button. And that is my opinion.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It's a reasonable opinion to have, certainly.
    09-24-2017 07:41 PM
    Planning to pre-order the X 256GB no matter what when it goes live. Just kind of bored with my 7 Plus and might get an 8Plus to kill time just in case the X takes a lot longer to get.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-02-2017 09:04 PM
    Strongly considering holding off on an iPhone purchase altogether this year. I'm wondering if Apple will solve the fingerprint scanner under glass issue in time for next year's iPhone? I've gotten so used to using fingerprint scanners and change is hard! But knowing Apple, they may very well decide to just go all in with Face ID and never bring back Touch ID on the highest end model. Anyone one else feel the same about the Touch ID issue?
    Doubt it Craig himself said that touch Id under the screen was a backup if face id failed. It didn't so I wouldn't expect touch Id under the screen
    10-03-2017 08:41 AM
    So I found out apple will give you 425 dollars if you trade in an iphone 7 plus 128 GB. Considering I only paid 600 for my 7 Plus (traded in my old iphone 6 and a school discount) that's not bad. But with the news of production delays and the fact that the iphone X will no doubt have some annoying bugs, and what not it just makes more sense to wait until next year when the improved model comes out or at the very least this year's model will be a little bit cheaper. Besides, the Apple Watch series 3 is more appealing to me right now. So waiting for the iphone X just makes more sense the more I think about it logically.
    Where did you see that trade-in amount? I have a 256GB 7 Plus and they're only quoting me like $350.
    10-04-2017 12:25 AM
    Where did you see that trade-in amount? I have a 256GB 7 Plus and they're only quoting me like $350.
    I went on apples website and looked up the trade in value. Granted this was like a week or two ago, so the trade in values could have changed now that the iPhone 8 is out.
    10-04-2017 08:19 AM
    I’m not waiting for the XI, but I am going to not preorder and wait it out for a little while.

With the total redesign of the iPhone, I want to make absolutely sure any hardware issues are fully sorted out before I drop a minimum of $1000+ on anew phone.
    10-26-2017 11:11 AM
    I’m not waiting for the XI, but I am going to not preorder and wait it out for a little while.

With the total redesign of the iPhone, I want to make absolutely sure any hardware issues are fully sorted out before I drop a minimum of $1000+ on anew phone.
    I think I’m going to give in after all. Maybe I’m just caught up in the hype, but I think I’ll be staying up tonight to pre-order. And I’m on the east coast so that’s 3am.
    10-26-2017 06:51 PM
    I think I’m going to give in after all. Maybe I’m just caught up in the hype, but I think I’ll be staying up tonight to pre-order. And I’m on the east coast so that’s 3am.
    There’s nothing wrong with that, and you can always return it within two weeks of your purchase.

Best of luck on your pre-order!
    10-26-2017 07:09 PM

I’m also waiting for next years iPhone. I fully believe we are still a year or two away from cameras, sensors and everything in that ugly bar on the iPhone X being under the glass. I hate the design of the X and I think Apple felt pressured to release a half realized design.
    werner6769 likes this.
    10-26-2017 09:12 PM
53 123