~ Show Us Your New iPhone X ~

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, (it's early I know) but I'm EXCITED haha. As I'm sure many of you all know, Apple just launched their new iPhone X with it's gorgeous bezeless display. It would be awesome to see some photos of the unboxing process and a picture of the colour you received. :D (in November)

You can share any details you like about the purchase if you want. Lets see some photos! (Coming Soon)

iPhone_X.png

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I think there will definitely be iPhone Xs delivered in November, just not nearly enough to satisfy all orders.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think there will definitely be iPhone Xs delivered in November, just not nearly enough to satisfy all orders.

Who knows, with a price tag of $1,000, more people might be picking up the iPhone 7s ahem, I mean iPhone 8. So Apple might be able to keep up with demand. Im sure they have anticipated it being more popular. I have a good feeling they will meet their delivery dates. They don't want a repeat of the AirPods. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Who knows, with a price tag of $1,000, more people might be picking up the iPhone 7s ahem, I mean iPhone 8. So Apple might be able to keep up with demand. Im sure they have anticipated it being more popular. I have a good feeling they will meet their delivery dates. They don't want a repeat of the AirPods. :)

I'm not so sure the X will be the most popular in sales. I'm seeing about a 60/40 in the forums between the X and the 8 Plus. And that's among the geeks and fanboys. Out in the general public, it probably sways the other way.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not so sure the X will be the most popular in sales. I'm seeing about a 60/40 in the forums between the X and the 8 Plus. And that's among the geeks and fanboys. Out in the general public, it probably sways the other way.

I would actually have to agree. From time to time i do forget that we are the "Fanboy" market that normally spends a little more on new tech because we love it so much. The general public probably isn't interested that much and would be happy with the standard iPhone 8 at $699 or even getting a iPhone 6s for a very affordable $449 especially on a monthly contact.

Interesting article. :)

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
That’s an interesting article. But.... if I can still get one on launch day then there’s more normals waiting for the X than techies
3477899bd9bfba588bb510a922884b5c.png

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
That was a good article. But as someone stated you have the Techies and the Apple fan boys (me) that are going to buy the IP X but you also have the non-techie thymes hat what the top of the line product even the iPhone they have now works just fine. I'll most likely be up at 3:01 Oct 27th ordering my iPhone X.

I'm a little apprehensive about the new "Face ID" since I had problems with "Touch ID" when the iP 5S came out but in short order Apple worked out the kinks. I'm just a little tired being a beta tester but I guess someone has to do it.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
When her phone stopped working 6 months ago, my wife bought a 6s because "it was cheaper than the 7." She's definitely not interested in an X. Oh, and the only reason she knows there is an X is that I told her. :)

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I would actually have to agree. From time to time i do forget that we are the "Fanboy" market that normally spends a little more on new tech because we love it so much. The general public probably isn't interested that much and would be happy with the standard iPhone 8 at $699 or even getting a iPhone 6s for a very affordable $449 especially on a monthly contact.

Interesting article. :)

I was at a wedding this weekend and the topic of the iPhone X came up. Everyone at the table was like, no way I'd ever spend that much money on a phone. One friend just upgraded to a 6S because it was free. Another was looking at the 7 now that it's free.

In conversation with friends and family I can't find a single person who is willing to spend that much money on a phone. So I agree with your statement - we are the fanboy market. It makes sense that a large majority of us would buy the phone. But in reality, it's a very niche market amongst the general population. I can see myself being the only one of my family, friends and coworkers to get this thing. I think it'll sell well, but it certainly won't sell at the levels of the iPhone 7 in its first year (price and supply being the two major factors).

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I was at a wedding this weekend and the topic of the iPhone X came up. Everyone at the table was like, no way I'd ever spend that much money on a phone. One friend just upgraded to a 6S because it was free. Another was looking at the 7 now that it's free.

In conversation with friends and family I can't find a single person who is willing to spend that much money on a phone. So I agree with your statement - we are the fanboy market. It makes sense that a large majority of us would buy the phone. But in reality, it's a very niche market amongst the general population. I can see myself being the only one of my family, friends and coworkers to get this thing. I think it'll sell well, but it certainly won't sell at the levels of the iPhone 7 in its first year (price and supply being the two major factors).

Agreed, although I actually know multiple people (in addition to myself) that will end up with an iPhone X. I’m thinking my experience won’t be the norm though. There’s a reason Apple is still making the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I have to admit I’m kind of looking forward to people on these forums and other places losing their sh*t because of how long they have been waiting. It’s a guilty pleasure of mine lol

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site