The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Just received another UAG from eBay. This one is legit, real. Side by side pics with my fake. BTW, also included a pic of the saggy bottom. The real case suffers from it while the fake does not (or at least not nearly on the same level). //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180302/8046b4b3b69aa4987f858d89c5b8304f.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180302/04559479901c26a392eb240cf795ab0b.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180302/9e31514541c95f4d8d2f8a22ac58648d.jpg

Anymore cheep fakes listed?

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Anymore cheep fakes listed?

There is, unfortunately these scammers are getting bold and starting to charge very similar to authentic case prices (I’ve reported them to eBay but doubt anything will result from that). I plan on doing a more thorough “how to make sure you’re not getting a fake monarch from eBay“ video here soon because it appears to me many are buying these up thinking they’re authentic. I have no problem recommending buying a fake/replica in certain circumstances such as when prices reflect the lack of authenticity but these morons are trying to get away with selling them at about $45.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
There is, unfortunately these scammers are getting bold and starting to charge very similar to authentic case prices (I’ve reported them to eBay but doubt anything will result from that). I plan on doing a more thorough “how to make sure you’re not getting a fake monarch from eBay“ video here soon because it appears to me many are buying these up thinking they’re authentic. I have no problem recommending buying a fake/replica in certain circumstances such as when prices reflect the lack of authenticity but these morons are trying to get away with selling them at about $45.

Yeah it’s a mess. I’m interested in a fake at fake price LOL. NOT in one at $59 though

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Just received another UAG from eBay. This one is legit, real. Side by side pics with my fake. BTW, also included a pic of the saggy bottom. The real case suffers from it while the fake does not (or at least not nearly on the same level). //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180302/8046b4b3b69aa4987f858d89c5b8304f.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180302/04559479901c26a392eb240cf795ab0b.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180302/9e31514541c95f4d8d2f8a22ac58648d.jpg

Even the interior of the fake looks better than the real one. :rolleyes:

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I got my new Casetify Impact. I hope it is as good as I’ve heard.
ca3f75c6214b102f1c83be2169a405c8.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just received another UAG from eBay. This one is legit, real. Side by side pics with my fake. BTW, also included a pic of the saggy bottom. The real case suffers from it while the fake does not (or at least not nearly on the same level).

Does the top on the real seem loose too, mine has a small gap between case and phone top and bottom. Might be hard to see in photos but its there.
Shame i really want to keep it, maybe it moulds to the phone in time ;)

aAU43nGSSa6XPkHOm8Rqqg.jpgar4dgqieQROw1cAHRkdI9g.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

It's not just ebay there is a phone repair and case shop near me that has UAG fakes for most iPhones.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I sent UAG my photos and description and i got this back?

Thank you for the reply.

Please note, this issue was not discovered in our quality testing of our cases.

It appears you may have received a defective case. As to which we offer a warranty claim for your case up to 10 years for the Monarch case.

Please advise if you would like to proceed with your claim for a replacement case of your choosing.

We look forward to your reply.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

Thank you for the reply.

It appears you may have received a defective case. As to which we offer a warranty claim for your case up to 10 years for the Monarch case.

Please advise if you would like to proceed with your claim for a replacement case of your choosing.

That’s such corporate speak. I’ve had nothing but issues with the rubber separating from the plastic on Speck Presido Grip cases and they always say the same thing. I’ve gone though 10 cases that had this issue either from looking at it in store, getting it shipped to me and immediately out of the box or over time. Never seen this issue with any other Speck case yet they claim it’s defective. Their whole line is defective then, lol.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for the reply.

They sent me a brand new carbon fiber Monarch and told me to just throw the old one away.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Does the top on the real seem loose too, mine has a small gap between case and phone top and bottom. Might be hard to see in photos but its there.
Shame i really want to keep it, maybe it moulds to the phone in time ;)

Yup the top on the authentic case is exactly like yours.

Just received these 3 cases from Ringke. Paid a grand total of $10 shipped (from Amazon) with a coupon code I got on from AndroidCentral/Thrifter.

It’s a shame to say it but the fit and finish/build quality even at this dirt cheap price is better than the UAG. Still keeping it in my rotation though because I like the color and design.
d8621f50e32cab1ca8681474d836a93d.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Ok no point getting a replacement then unless they want to send me another colour.

So far have tried:

Caudabe Sheath
Caudabe Synthesis
Apple leather
Apple silicone
UAG plasma
UAG monarch
OB Symmetry (fake)
OB Statement from Apple

Sheath is still the winner followed by the Synthesis.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
No better? Does it seem loose/saggy at the top too?

I wouldn't mind if it was loose but straight but it sags out top and bottom, maybe the bottom is for swiping to be easy? ;)

Yes, the replacement had the same loose bottom deal. The carbon fiber was much improved over the original though.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Just received these 3 cases from Ringke. Paid a grand total of $10 shipped (from Amazon) with a coupon code I got on from AndroidCentral/Thrifter.

It’s a shame to say it but the fit and finish/build quality even at this dirt cheap price is better than the UAG. Still keeping it in my rotation though because I like the color and design.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/d8621f50e32cab1ca8681474d836a93d.jpg

That case on the bottom reminds me of HTC Diamond.

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 7.58.50 AM.png

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Anyone using the genuine Apple folio and like it? Not the price I guess, but can get one new for 2/3 of Apple price?
Have read the call issues when folded back but that’s avoidable.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I got my new Casetify Impact. I hope it is as good as I’ve heard. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180302/ca3f75c6214b102f1c83be2169a405c8.jpg

I love the case but it’s shape feels slightly bigger than my Speck Grip. It is slightly thinner though which I really like but even though the sides aren’t slippery I have become accustomed to the grip on Speck cases as it’s superior in grip because it’s sides and back offers it. Because of this I went back to Speck because I’m so afraid to drop a $1000 phone and it’s never a concern with Speck. Plus, Speck has a larger lip which is always welcome.

I believe they allow returns even on custom cases but I’m going to keep mine because I love the design so much. I think I’ll just put it on a shelf in memory of Chester Bennington. Back to Speck... lol.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the genuine Apple folio and like it? Not the price I guess, but can get one new for 2/3 of Apple price?
Have read the call issues when folded back but that’s avoidable.

I’ve been using it for about a month & surprisingly I love it!! Wallet cases usually end up annoying me because they’re so rigid & theres usually a card outline on the screen. Neither issue exists with this case. The leather feels amazing, which was expected since I love the regular leather one. I have 2 cards and some cash in mine & there’s no bulkiness. All in all, it’s a pretty great case.

BTW...I haven’t put a phone to my ear to talk in years, so I can’t speak to the call issue.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Will my next case be a UAG Monarch? One of Best Buy’s Platinum? Dog&Bone waterproof cases? Different color Evutec? Pitaka? Element Case? A Loopy?

Anyone have suggestions? Been a few weeks over here since I’ve got much new...

Ordered a few Slickwraps last night for fun but

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro