The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, I found their kickstarter page. It claims 8ft protection. Wonder if that was a crashguard in their high speed comparison video. Price is about the same as a crashguard though (actually $5 more) and Rhino claims higher drop rating (3m vs 8ft). Would definitely be interested in real world reviews. Maybe Aaron at Mobile Reviews Eh will get a hold of one.

Rhinoshield claims a minimum of 11 foot drop protection. However, if your 8/8 Plus/X lands back down flat, the glass will break. Their rating, like every case, is corner dropping.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok but wouldn't it be worse with no protector on? Bigger gap?

I caved and pulled iCarez off. No it is NOT worse with protector off as when you put back on it kind of “pulls” sides up and tightens protector on front. Sorry hard to explain but the protector just messes with spacing to create air gap. No protector and cover on front “pulls tight”.

Case fits very good with iCarez screen protector off. No rainbows, yet, but screen doesn’t look nearly as clear or nice with LP Fre on.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I caved and pulled iCarez off. No it is NOT worse with protector off as when you put back on it kind of “pulls” sides up and tightens protector on front. Sorry hard to explain but the protector just messes with spacing to create air gap. No protector and cover on front “pulls tight”.

Case fits very good with iCarez screen protector off. No rainbows, yet, but screen doesn’t look nearly as clear or nice with LP Fre on.

Ok, thanks. Screw that I'm not taking my iCarez off took 2 weeks to get here and i don't have another :)

Just ordered a Black Mujjo Leather got a 13% discount, should have it Monday.

Have my Synthesis on Ebay didn't like it anywhere near as much as the Sheath.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
This Telephant Bumper is a win. It’s EVERYTHING RhinoShield Mod/Crashguard should be for money. Excellent buttons, fabulous feel in hand without overly wide, and made from a super rubbery rubber. Hard to explain. WAAAYYY better for money than Mod or Crashguard.

Dynamic Defender by Telephant Lab - Urban - Anti-Shock AirSteel Medical Grade Silicone Case w/ Dynamic Defense System (DDS) & Anti-G-Force Structure w/ MIL-STD-810G (Cowboy Blue, iPhone X) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792F6P7...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3045432

My Lifeproof Fre came today. Didn’t spend MUCH time with it because I threw it on and it didn’t like my iCarez Glass on phone, which doesn’t surprise me.

Hi Blane, since you bought the Lifeproof off of Amazon, does your case have a Serial Number on it and if so where at, since I bought one off EBay mine doesn’t have one. Thanks

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi Blane, since you bought the Lifeproof off of Amazon, does your case have a Serial Number on it and if so where at, since I bought one off EBay mine doesn’t have one. Thanks

If it’s genuine LF it will have a white sticker inside on the back plate.

I know I’ve seen that in past; I just didn’t pay any attention yesterday. When I take case off sometime I’ll check and see.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I've had 2 Fre cases for the iPhone X direct from Lifeproof and neither had the serial number inside.
I believe the serial number is something they did away with along with the plastic case key on these latest cases.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had 2 Fre cases for the iPhone X direct from Lifeproof and neither had the serial number inside.
I believe the serial number is something they did away with along with the plastic case key on these latest cases.

Budget cuts are real... putting that money into better screen covering development

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Thank you, so there is a possibility my case from eBay is legit.. lol

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Here’s another great Ross Store find. Like the look and for $7.99 can’t really go wrong. Seems to be the same form factor as the Penguin case I got there a couple of weeks ago. Nice raised edges and feel in the hand. It’s a 2 piece slide together type case though so have to be cautious and wipe the case clean before I insert my phone to avoid scratching.
f884b796c44ae921824fb823370637ac.jpg
58cf1faae92693ad7b76e7bbd74060ed.jpg

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Here’s another great Ross Store find. Like the look and for $7.99 can’t really go wrong. Seems to be the same form factor as the Penguin case I got there a couple of weeks ago. Nice raised edges and feel in the hand. It’s a 2 piece slide together type case though so have to be cautious and wipe the case clean before I insert my phone to avoid scratching. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/f884b796c44ae921824fb823370637ac.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/58cf1faae92693ad7b76e7bbd74060ed.jpg

That's "BIG PIMPIN" :rolleyes:

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Well all, I think I found “the one,” and it’s the Burkley Old Book. I might order the ostrich leather one in blue as well, but for now I’m very satisfied with my Burkley.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Case addiction is real lol. I have a couple of videos I already recorded going up on my “TECH-FIGHTER” YouTube channel soon and about 5-6 more I still have to record. Anything in the pics any of you may be particularly interested in seeing? Just noticed I’m missing my Penguin Case. I’ll have to look for it when I get back home.
69f9efd7d92afbb27322991a46a6e6f8.jpg
8122d1f4c2c1e62f423f954383b1d579.jpg

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Case addiction is real lol. I have a couple of videos I already recorded going up on my “TECH-FIGHTER” YouTube channel soon and about 5-6 more I still have to record. Anything in the pics any of you may be particularly interested in seeing? Just noticed I’m missing my Penguin Case. I’ll have to look for it when I get back home. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180223/69f9efd7d92afbb27322991a46a6e6f8.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180223/8122d1f4c2c1e62f423f954383b1d579.jpg

At least you could spring for a Rubbermaid tote or something a little better than the good ole Amazon cardboard box to keep them in. :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2