The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just bought the Berry Folio today, after alternating between naked & a Swarovski case since launch. Not sure how I feel about it, but we’ll see. I haven’t been case crazy since my 6 Plus a few years back but it is nice to switch up every now and then. As for the muffling goes, Idk the last time I held a phone up to my ear so I don’t see myself having an issue.

I’ve never had an issue with the bottom being open and I’ve had leather cases for years. I say try it out...you might like it.

I can’t do it. I’m too OCD. If my phone got scratched on the bottom I’d be disgusted. ☹️

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I can’t do it. I’m too OCD. If my phone got scratched on the bottom I’d be disgusted. ☹️

I definitely understand OCD, since I suffer myself🤷🏾*♀️ I’ve never had the bottom of my device scratched up & I typically only use Apple Leathers...with the Swarovski being the exception (open bottom as well). Not one scratch in years! They truly aren’t as bad as you think but I do understand the fear.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I just don’t know why the leather cases have to leave almost the entire bottom of the phone exposed to get marred up. That keeps me from even ever considered them.

Not all do, but your right, only time i have ever damaged a iPhone was in a Apple leather, fell in my car and got a dint on the bottom that is open near speaker. 7 plus JB.

Nomad and Burkley have full covered ones.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
What do you guys think is the best non-folio leather case out right now (feel of buttons and feel of leather taken into account) assuming I'd be looking for a natural type color (light to medium brown). My only experience with a leather case is my Nomad Rugged and I just can't use it regularly due to the horrible button feel. The only protection it would need is day to day scratch protection but I wouldn't turn down a 4ft+ mil-spec rating either. It doesn't need to be a rugged case though like my Nomad.

I may not buy anything for a while. I'm just kind of looking now, but I plan to abandon the every 12 month thing I've been doing with the iPhone Upgrade Program since my 6s+ and actually hold onto my X for a couple years or so since it checks pretty much everything I've been looking for since switching from Android with the 6s+.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think is the best non-folio leather case out right now (feel of buttons and feel of leather taken into account) assuming I'd be looking for a natural type color (light to medium brown). My only experience with a leather case is my Nomad Rugged and I just can't use it regularly due to the horrible button feel. The only protection it would need is day to day scratch protection but I wouldn't turn down a 4ft+ mil-spec rating either. It doesn't need to be a rugged case though like my Nomad.

I may not buy anything for a while. I'm just kind of looking now, but I plan to abandon the every 12 month thing I've been doing with the iPhone Upgrade Program since my 6s+ and actually hold onto my X for a couple years or so since it checks pretty much everything I've been looking for since switching from Android with the 6s+.

Personally, I like Apple leather because they are smooth & most other leather cases have a heavily masculine feel. With that being said, Twelve South has a really nice one.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

I love my Apple Leather in Midnight Blue but I also love the Burkley Case I have. Dollar for dollar I’d say the Burkley is the better option.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Having tried Apple, Mujjo, TwelveSouth, and Burkley...Burkley all the way.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
This guys right^^^ Burkley for win

Wonder how long shipping is to Australia cant see on their website? They charge $13 for fedex has to be faster than Caudabe they use US Postal at $2.99 you think?

The UAG i ordered off ebay above is FAKE, sent the seller a message saying if its fake refund now to save problems later and they did.
I am on a roll ;)

Have bought 2 monarchs and a OB symmetry all were Fake, got refunds on all.

Last edited:

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Just got a new one off ebay myself for $41AUD They retail for $79.95 here.

Ok guys just came back from Best Buy. I am preparing a video on this because I’m pretty sure these cases we got are fakes once I saw them side by side with the ones at the store. That being said, the fake one has a better build imo as it doesn’t have a saggy bottom like the real one and has more of a matte look to it except for the shiny UAG logo whereas the legit one is shiny in the leather inserts but less so on the logo. Hopefully I’ll get the video up tonight but I’ll let you all know as soon as I do. For $25 shipped I prefer the fake but would be upset if I paid the $45 the seller is trying to get now.

EDIT: Just saw Cladster found out the same. I just sent the seller a message to refund ASAP as well.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your message, you mean this one? 50% off at moment.

The camera cutout is large is that a problem?

https://www.burkleycase.com/leather-sturdy-snap-on-case-for-apple-iphone-x-black-waterproof/

Thanks for letting me know about the 50% off -- though it took me a minute to find the promo code (on Burkley's homepage). I've heard great things about the Burkley cases and $20 for a leather case feels like a steal (particularly compared to the $50 Apple cases).

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah not sure? Amazon has Burkley too if it helps?

Ok might look there. After using the Caudabe Synthesis for a day its probably not as bad as i first thought, may have jumped the gun a bit :) Only real fault is it doesn't sit flat, has a rock to it which is annoying even just tapping to wake.
It has more grip than i thought around the edges and the volume buttons are better.
If it wasn't for the rocking i would be ok with it. Would be better without the little humps on the corners. Suppose to stop scratches i suppose.
Actually looks good with the phone in, Stealth black with SGX.

TBVXI5O1QZqLLqWA2Zf6rw.jpg
DNq7iOehRyOn0Ljdq618WQ.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
EDIT: Just saw Cladster found out the same. I just sent the seller a message to refund ASAP as well.

These fakes are hard to tell, i bought a Monarch for a 8 plus locally and even asked if it was genuine, went home and the back was rippled either side of the UAG print and was really stiff to get phone in and out, took it back for refund.

The OB Symmetry i got off ebay came bent lol, that was a good sign. It's getting that way you can only buy direct to be safe.

Oh and the X monarch listing said it was in NSW and after i paid seller came up as in US, he was quick to reply with he is in US but his mate is in NSW Australia and he posts them.
Racket buying cheap from China and selling for 3 x the price on ebay.

Its a minefield out there ;)

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
These fakes are hard to tell, i bought a Monarch for a 8 plus locally and even asked if it was genuine, went home and the back was rippled either side of the UAG print and was really stiff to get phone in and out, took it back for refund.

The OB Symmetry i got off ebay came bent lol, that was a good sign. It's getting that way you can only buy direct to be safe.

Oh and the X monarch listing said it was in NSW and after i paid seller came up as in US, he was quick to reply with he is in US but his mate is in NSW Australia and he posts them.
Racket buying cheap from China and selling for 3 x the price on ebay.

Its a minefield out there ;)

Mine shipped from New Jersey. Here's the quick vid I just put together.

https://youtu.be/iM2U0cYjHxQ

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
Definitely a fake.

Yup, I arrived at that conclusion yesterday when I did the video comparison yet it is definitely better than a legit UAG imo. No saggy bottom, fit is solid, buttons are good and the mold is identical giving the case identical dimensions and cutouts, etc. Only difference is the fake is slightly more matte and the leather parts are likely not real leather. For $25 bucks shipped I’m not upset, I’m actually happy I got to snag one but I’m still reporting this seller to eBay cuz people should not get duped thinking they’re buying authentic when they’re not (especially cuz the seller has raised his price to $45 now).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro