The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Merged] The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

Yea, we love pictures over here.

Lol. Yeah I should have known that. Pics below with the cases on the phone

e706680432ab87a77719eaa8334734e6.jpg

168cc931aa6a8d57fd9399c26e8a7c70.jpg

10438ccb3cf223835e34f81dd726ce12.jpg

67cca27b64668255f6b5d0c9d5e0b4f0.jpg

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

My only complaint about the Element Case is that it doesn’t have Carbon Fiber like the other ones at this price range do. Carbon Fiber in their X cases is much more expensive now

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
[Merged] The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

I am so tempted to pick up one of those Star Wars leather cases. While the TIE Fighter pilot case is cool (I’m guessing it’ll patina nicely like the Apple Saddle Brown leather case) I absolutely love the look of the white stormtrooper and black Vader. Guess I feel the pull to the dark side lol.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Are the buttons on that Element case plastic or metal? If metal do they have a covering on the inside to keep from scratching the buttons of the phone?

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

Are the buttons on that Element case plastic or metal? If metal do they have a covering on the inside to keep from scratching the buttons of the phone?

The buttons on that case (Recon) are plastic as are the ones on the Rev and Roll Cage. I don’t know about the Formula as I don’t have that one. The buttons are metal on the BlackOps and they have a thin plastic lining on the inside.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I am so tempted to pick up one of those Star Wars leather cases. While the TIE Fighter pilot case is cool (I’m guessing it’ll patina nicely like the Apple Saddle Brown leather case) I absolutely love the look of the white stormtrooper and black Vader. Guess I feel the pull to the dark side lol.

It’s a really nice case with what appears to be high quality leather. And the Star Wars image is very subtle. I like that it’s not in your face. Only real SW fans will know what it is. I just wish it was a bit more protective.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone used the Rhinoshield Mod case (maybe @blaine07)? Was curious to get some feedback on the buttons and overall fit. I currently sizing up the Mous (Carbon Fiber), Rhinoshield Mod (Hopefully Carbon Fiber back) or UAG Plasma (Citron or Ash) - not sure what I want to pull the trigger on. I'd really like something with carbon fiber - Pitaka also looks good but so much of the phone is exposed, that worries me a bit.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone used the Rhinoshield Mod case (maybe @blaine07)? Was curious to get some feedback on the buttons and overall fit. I currently sizing up the Mous (Carbon Fiber), Rhinoshield Mod (Hopefully Carbon Fiber back) or UAG Plasma (Citron or Ash) - not sure what I want to pull the trigger on. I'd really like something with carbon fiber - Pitaka also looks good but so much of the phone is exposed, that worries me a bit.

Well let me get this out of the way... after the HORRENDOUS experience I had dealing with RhinoShield customer service I can’t consciously recommend the MOD. Worst customer service ever for spending ~$75 on cases and “parts” after a discount ever. Worst. Ever. Customer. Service. I’ll stop there before I derail myself...

Mod case isn’t HORRIBLE but it wasn’t nearly as appealing after my experience required to acquire. Once one figures out how to get it on, right all the way it is a solid case. Definitely wasn’t worth the $75 I have into it, however. I love it’s options, back plate is nice and has pretty good buttons. Does fit pretty good once you get the stupid thing on right. Not even sure I have any pics of MOD on phone but I should’ve returned the stupid thing but I have black back, and if you insist sometime I could snap some pics. I’d look at other options though. Lesson learned. I do however also have their CrashGuard and for the money it is a much better alternative, sans all the customization options. Slim but protective in all the right places.

The UAG Citron is a very solid case. Excellent buttons, MUCH MUCH more reasonable price. Rather grippy case with all the ridges and humps. Plus the Citron looks good on space gray.

Citron

e21d50bcc685ea1482057d721a848071.jpg

I don’t have a Pitaka or Evutek but have looked many times at them. Maybe one day.

And for the rest of you crazies liking pics, here’s most recent thing that jumped on my buggy...

a8ebff0dbb1feb8b93c0a8dbcd5041b0.jpg

Flash Apple Silicone.

Wanted the Spicy orange or whatever it’s called but we’re out of stock.

Here’s probably my favorite case lately(shoutout to @itntstln on this one ). The Burkley leather

d810a4d8fb0ba49e69303d9794579de7.jpg

Barkley’s are nice, and highly recommend them for price point if leather is your thing!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Well let me get this out of the way... after the HORRENDOUS experience I had dealing with RhinoShield customer service I can’t consciously recommend the MOD. Worst customer service ever for spending ~$75 on cases and “parts” after a discount ever. Worst. Ever. Customer. Service. I’ll stop there before I derail myself...

Mod case isn’t HORRIBLE but it wasn’t nearly as appealing after my experience required to acquire. Once one figures out how to get it on, right all the way it is a solid case. Definitely wasn’t worth the $75 I have into it, however. I love it’s options, back plate is nice and has pretty good buttons. Does fit pretty good once you get the stupid thing on right. Not even sure I have any pics of MOD on phone but I should’ve returned the stupid thing but I have black back, and if you insist sometime I could snap some pics. I’d look at other options though. Lesson learned. I do however also have their CrashGuard and for the money it is a much better alternative, sans all the customization options. Slim but protective in all the right places.

The UAG Citron is a very solid case. Excellent buttons, MUCH MUCH more reasonable price. Rather grippy case with all the ridges and humps. Plus the Citron looks good on space gray.

Citron

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171227/e21d50bcc685ea1482057d721a848071.jpg

I don’t have a Pitaka or Evutek but have looked many times at them. Maybe one day.

And for the rest of you crazies liking pics, here’s most recent thing that jumped on my buggy...

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171227/a8ebff0dbb1feb8b93c0a8dbcd5041b0.jpg
Flash Apple Silicone.

Wanted the Spicy orange or whatever it’s called but we’re out of stock.

Here’s probably my favorite case lately(shoutout to @itntstln on this one ). The Burkley leather

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171227/d810a4d8fb0ba49e69303d9794579de7.jpg

Barkley’s are nice, and highly recommend them for price point if leather is your thing!

Well the comment about Rhinoshield Customer Service has already turned me off from getting that case! Thanks for the input!! I'd probably consider the Crashguard but I'm OCD with my phone and having the back exposed with drive me crazy (I'd have to get a skin or something for it).

Really like the UAG Plasma and I've also been eyeing up the new Spicy Orange / Flash Apple Silicone cases (you just haaaaaaaad to post that picture haha). I'm off all week, maybe I'll swing by Best Buy tomorrow and check them out.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site

A really great case with a carbon fiber look is the x-Doria Defense Lux for $35 from Best Buy or Amazon.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Well the comment about Rhinoshield Customer Service has already turned me off from getting that case! Thanks for the input!! I'd probably consider the Crashguard but I'm OCD with my phone and having the back exposed with drive me crazy (I'd have to get a skin or something for it).

Really like the UAG Plasma and I've also been eyeing up the new Spicy Orange / Flash Apple Silicone cases (you just haaaaaaaad to post that picture haha). I'm off all week, maybe I'll swing by Best Buy tomorrow and check them out.

CrashGuard is just as good as the 4X more expensive Mod just not customizable but arguably that’s a good thing lol. Yeah for a lil bit I used CrashGuard with this...

Supershieldz for Apple iPhone X [Front + Back] Full Body Screen Protector, [3 Front and 3 back] Anti-Bubble High Definition Clear Screen Shield -Lifet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Z26LS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3029579

And worked pretty good. Much more reasonable combo cost wise. UAG combo also excellent. Can’t go wrong with UAG for sure. Sorry for posting Flash pic, lol. Really want spicy orange silicone too just not personally terribly fond of the silicone for all the crud it collects in bottom of my work pockets.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

FYI here’s what $75 worth of Mod looks like.

2391e3780e9aa4c80dbb8d882bccb070.jpg

196ff7336912249cabd17bfa40aa54c5.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

For what it’s worth, I haven’t had a bad experience with Rhinoshield in the years I’ve been using them. @blaine07 and I have gone over this a couple times so I won’t be doing it here. Also, for what it’s worth, the only reason I want a Mod over the other Rhinoshield cases is so I can have the protection and a camera lens.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

While I haven’t used the Plasma for the X or gotten a Rhinoshield Mod yet, I do have a Mous Limitless for my X, I can link my review if you want. It goes over a much worse customer service experience than what Blaine had with Rhinoshield.

blaine07

Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

For what it’s worth, I haven’t had a bad experience with Rhinoshield in the years I’ve been using them. @blaine07 and I have gone over this a couple times so I won’t be doing it here. Also, for what it’s worth, the only reason I want a Mod over the other Rhinoshield cases is so I can have the protection and a camera lens.

I hadn’t had a poor experience prior in years either but treating a customer like crap once is once too many. I’ve said by bit about it as well here.

My point still stands, case is solid, but YMMV with it and for ~$75 is too much of a gamble for most.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the feedback @blaine07 and @metllicamilitia - I was interested in both a Rhinoshield and a Mous. Guess I’ll head back to the drawing board now. I really like the carbon fiber look of their cases but I guess Rhinoshield discontinued it for the iPhone X. I might check out the X Doria that was recommended.