The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone X Cases

Man...you get a phone like the X and then you put a massive, gaudy case on it...why even bother with the X at that point. :confused:

Apple genuine leather or silicone case, or for extra protection a basic Spigen Liquid Air Armor case. Anything else completely kills the look of the phone. But to each their own :)

That’s why I always go for the Apple cases.
It’s simple and classy.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

I’ve been using the Apple leather cases since the iPhone 6. I’ve had black, brown, and storm grey over the years. (and a Dark Aubergine on the silver 8 plus that now belongs to my son) I chose black for my iPhone X and I’m happy with my choice.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Loving my new Spigen Liquid Air. Great fit and feel so far. I think my Nomad is about to be ignored for a while.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Well some people do not want to spend $500+ if it gets dropped and something breaks. That being said all cases kill the look of the phone, so if you really cared about the look you would go naked.

1) AppleCare
2) my phone is naked, now that I used an aubergine leather case to acclimate down to the X size from three years of pluses.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

I’ve been using the Apple leather cases since the iPhone 6. I’ve had black, brown, and storm grey over the years. (and a Dark Aubergine on the silver 8 plus that now belongs to my son) I chose black for my iPhone X and I’m happy with my choice.

My current saddle brown leather case on my X is my very first Apple leather case, and it's absolutely awesome!

I suppose I'll use Apple leather cases from now onwards on all my future iPhones.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

My current saddle brown leather case on my X is my very first Apple leather case, and it's absolutely awesome!

I suppose I'll use Apple leather cases from now onwards on all my future iPhones.

That’s how I was. Always used different cases and changed them. Got the Apple one and haven’t bought anything else since.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

That’s how I was. Always used different cases and changed them. Got the Apple one and haven’t bought anything else since.

Yeah prior to this I've always used cases from Griffin, Spigen and SwitchEasy Glass on my 7 Plus. Now it's Apple cases all the way! :D

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Ordered a saddle brown iPhone X case using the bestbuy accessories deal, not bad for 31$. Settled for an Otterbox commuter until it arrives since they weren’t available in store and I needed some protection on it until then. Apple leather cases are hands down my favorite cases, but do to my job, I need something a bit more protecting but not too bulky, hence the commuter.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

Yup, I noticed too, that you have to do an indirect search for characters / vehicles / proper names from Star Wars - and I agree with your comment about it most likely being due to copyright reasons...
If you’re looking for Princess Leia cases on their site, I’ve come across this one:
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=ht...color%3Dspace-gray%23%2F561600&token=Oir7RRNB
I’ve also found a Tie Fighter (‘Space Fighter’), and yet another R2 (‘Space Wars Droid Robot’).

I'm a bit obsessed with anything R2 and Ewok. Thanks for those search terms.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I broke down and got 2 Apple Leather cases from Best Buy since they were on sale (Charcoal Gray and Saddle Brown). I was contemplating Cosmo Blue but wasn’t sure what it would look like in person. The Black Friday discount stacked with their 25% off 3 or more accessories so I got them for a steal!

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
iPhone X Cases

I'm a bit obsessed with anything R2 and Ewok. Thanks for those search terms.

You’re welcome
...although after seeing the latest promo (TV) spot for The Last Jedi, you might want to add ‘Porg’ to that list. What Chewie does to one @ the end of the latest spot still cracks me up every time
Btw, I’ve also come across a few Vaders, Death Stars, as well as a C-3PO on their (Casetify’s) site as well - but you have to use some what generic terms to find them, sort of like an Easter Egg hunt on there for Star Wars related designs...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

1) AppleCare
2) my phone is naked, now that I used an aubergine leather case to acclimate down to the X size from three years of pluses.

Yes you can still get AppleCare, but 1. Not everyone lives near an apple store, 2. you are still paying a good chunk of money (initial cost + cost of repair). So a $30-$50 case that may be "ugly" is still much cheaper than what you mentioned. Same reason you see people with those huge otterbox cases running around.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

You’re welcome
...although after seeing the latest promo (TV) spot for The Last Jedi, you might want to add ‘Porg’ to that list. What Chewie does to one @ the end of the latest spot still cracks me up every time
Btw, I’ve also come across a few Vaders, Death Stars, as well as a C-3PO on their (Casetify’s) site as well - but you have to use some what generic terms to find them, sort of like an Easter Egg hunt on there for Star Wars related designs...

I'm not sold on the Porgs yet, but we'll see. I've been steering clear of TLJ trailers because I want to go in blind.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sold on the Porgs yet, but we'll see. I've been steering clear of TLJ trailers because I want to go in blind.

Off topic: I totally get that, but I’m the opposite - I can’t get enough of rumors & trailers...
Not sure what you’re feelings on TFA are, but for me from what I’ve seen of the various trailers so far for TLJ - I think that Rian Johnson has hit one out of the park. And I heard that he had been offered to direct Episode IX once the initial director had left/was fired by Disney... but Rian declined to do so, so now JJ Abrams returns to direct IX...

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Yes you can still get AppleCare, but 1. Not everyone lives near an apple store, 2. you are still paying a good chunk of money (initial cost + cost of repair). So a $30-$50 case that may be "ugly" is still much cheaper than what you mentioned. Same reason you see people with those huge otterbox cases running around.

I’m over an hour drive from an Apple store. Still worth it.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site

So I've had the black and gray apple leather on my plus's. I would rather have leather with a bit more texture and more grip. I assume all colors have the same grip? Any other leather case with texture?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods