The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone X Cases

ba7e41200c895cb45e7f211cf0d3ba47.jpg

New phone new saddle brown case. Wish I took a picture of my old saddle brown case for the 7 Plus before the lady got her hands on it.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I definitely need a new case after running caseless a bit around the house. I've realized the buttons on my Nomad Rugged just suck and are not going to break in. I like the look so I'll still run it a bit but I definitely want something else. I know I want the Mod but debating asking for that setup for the holidays and picking up something cheap like a Spigen Liquid Air in the meantime or vice versa (me buy the Mod now and ask for something else/etc). I have a Spigen Thin Fit that I bought because I didn't know if the Nomad would show up in time but I'm not going to run that. Didn't like it at all when it showed up and it's not worth the $$$ hit and hassle to return it to Amazon.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Eh I caved and am returning the Thin Fit after all. $8 is still $8 after return shipping. Ordered a Liquid Air in black to hold me over for a thin case. Thought about the Neo Hybrid but too many bad amazon reviews about the thin plastic PC around the buttons breaking after 1-2 times taking the case off. Thought about the liquid crystal but too many reviews about yellow look right out of the box and on the silver X that's not going to look good at all. I'll save the clear for the eventual Rhino Mod with a clear PC back which won't yellow. Anyway, now I'll have an alternative to the Nomad and its super stiff buttons and gain some thinness back when I don't need serious drop protection.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
The leather cases are so tempting!!
Definitely my #1 recommendation for an Apple device.

My silicone Apple case which has the same size did NOT protect my Belkin Apple Store installed screen protector from breaking with a small drop on hardwood a floor. The Apple store replaced it for free, but I'm considering a case with a taller "lip" around the screen...

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I received my Cover-Up Woodback Explorer today. Pics later on or tomorrow.

Those look interesting. I just found out about WUD cases from the Mobile Reviews Eh channel on YouTube. Those coverup cases look pretty nice too. Have you tried any of the WUD ones? Seems like the big difference is the cover-up ones are just the natural wood and the WUD ones seem to be artistically dyed.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Those look interesting. I just found out about WUD cases from the Mobile Reviews Eh channel on YouTube. Those coverup cases look pretty nice too. Have you tried any of the WUD ones? Seems like the big difference is the cover-up ones are just the natural wood and the WUD ones seem to be artistically dyed.

I haven’t tried Wüd, but I did have a Cover-Up Stone Explorer for my 7 Plus. The stone is grippier, but I prefer the wood look.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My silicone Apple case which has the same size did NOT protect my Belkin Apple Store installed screen protector from breaking with a small drop on hardwood a floor. The Apple store replaced it for free, but I'm considering a case with a taller "lip" around the screen...

Ahh!
Yeah, and you can find a case that covers the bottom part as well.

I’ve used Apple’s cases for a long time, and it offered me decent protection.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Only time i have ever damaged a iPhone and have had them all since 4S was in a Apple leather, fell out of a brodit car holder onto the steel seat rail and put a dint in a 7JB plus near the speaker, if it lands the wrong way with a open bottom case, good luck.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

No, the Monarch is a fine case and one of my favorites. It would be perfect if the power button was raised a little more and the rubber on the bottom near the charge port was a little thicker.

I have the blacked out one from Best Buy and the carbon fiber on order.

I have a plasma ice arriving today, will see what UAG have for black friday sale and will order the Monarch Carbon, they send from HK to Australia so who knows how long that will take.

Have you seen this thread?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/uag-monarch-case-damaged-iphone-7plus.2090213/

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I have a plasma ice arriving today, will see what UAG have for black friday sale and will order the Monarch Carbon, they send from HK to Australia so who knows how long that will take.

Have you seen this thread?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/uag-monarch-case-damaged-iphone-7plus.2090213/

That is pretty scary. Two problems I see there, phone not removed from the case for a whole year and it's the Jet black iPhone which scratches just by looking at it.

Had my X in the Otterbox symmetry case for 2 days and when I removed it I could see that interior diamond pattern on the back of the phone. These marks wiped off easy.

I've had my phone in the UAG Pathfinder for about 3 days now. I'll change cases later and see it there are any marks on the phone. Pathfinder feels so good in the hand though.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

That is pretty scary. Two problems I see there, phone not removed from the case for a whole year and it's the Jet black iPhone which scratches just by looking at it.

Had my X in the Otterbox symmetry case for 2 days and when I removed it I could see that interior diamond pattern on the back of the phone. These marks wiped off easy.

I've had my phone in the UAG Pathfinder for about 3 days now. I'll change cases later and see it there are any marks on the phone. Pathfinder feels so good in the hand though.

Yeah that's my thought, JB + not cleaned/removed for a year is just asking for it. Assuming it's the same/similar material to the UAG I have on my iPad and other cases with a similar material I see no reason why this would be something UAG specific that happened in this case. It just happens that a UAG case was in use when it happened. Unless there is some kind of chemical reaction going on between the case materials and the finish. I would think that would be a widespread well known problem if that was the case.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Just got my plasma ice, came scratched on the inside above and below the uag logo, very noticeable with the phone in :( have contacted ebay seller sending replacement today.

Also noticed the mute switch is not centered, the switch is closer to the volume button. Is the monarch like that? Sold my 7/8 monarch so cant remember.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Just got my plasma ice, came scratched on the inside above and below the uag logo, very noticeable with the phone in :( have contacted ebay seller sending replacement today.

Also noticed the mute switch is not centered, the switch is closer to the volume button. Is the monarch like that? Sold my 7/8 monarch so cant remember.

Had many of Plasma cases in the past and almost every one came with noticeable scratches from the factory. The mute switch cutout is off center on both the Monarch & Pathfinder cases also.

I believe this is a result of them rushing cases out before the phone was even released.

switch.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR