The best cases and accessories for iPhone X!

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone X Cases

Do you like it better than the all black UAG Monarch?

No, I love the Monarch case. The only problem with the Monarch is the power button is pretty much flush with the side and sometimes hard to find. Also the rubber around the charge port and speakers on the bottom of the Monarch is very thin (Symmetry 3 times as thick) and will not provide much protection if you drop and hit your phone in that area.

The Symmetry will protect the phone better than the Monarch will from drops.

My favorite case of the day is the UAG Rust colored Pathfinder case. Feels so good in the hand.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

No, I love the Monarch case. The only problem with the Monarch is the power button is pretty much flush with the side and sometimes hard to find. Also the rubber around the charge port and speakers on the bottom of the Monarch is very thin (Symmetry 3 times as thick) and will not provide much protection if you drop and hit your phone in that area.

The Symmetry will protect the phone better than the Monarch will from drops.

My favorite case of the day is the UAG Rust colored Pathfinder case. Feels so good in the hand.

Thanks, I have the monarch for 7/8 and the bottom is same but power button is ok. Interesting re the pathfinder being better in hand, wouldn’t it be similar to a plasma?
I don’t know might just get a plasma ice for a change there $30 cheaper here than the monarch.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

That's disappointing to hear about the Monarch. I was considering one. I have their folio for my 5th gen iPad and that thing is a tank on all sides but I really like it.

Liquid360

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site

Has anyone gone all out and bought one of these? I’m VERY tempted as I adore my iPhone X. I know it’s crazy expensive, but their pictures are just beautiful. Prior to dropping a couple hundred on a case, I’d love some first person experience.

https://greenwich.design/

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

That's disappointing to hear about the Monarch. I was considering one. I have their folio for my 5th gen iPad and that thing is a tank on all sides but I really like it.

I still recommend the Monarch. If you want a block of rubber around your phone there are cases out there for that, but the Monarch still provides protection while looking fantastic.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

No, the Monarch is a fine case and one of my favorites. It would be perfect if the power button was raised a little more and the rubber on the bottom near the charge port was a little thicker.

I have the blacked out one from Best Buy and the carbon fiber on order.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, I have the monarch for 7/8 and the bottom is same but power button is ok. Interesting re the pathfinder being better in hand, wouldn’t it be similar to a plasma?
I don’t know might just get a plasma ice for a change there $30 cheaper here than the monarch.

I've always like the Pathfinder better than the Plasma. The Pathfinder interior has a nice solid back for your phone to rest against while the Plasma only has the 6 tiny little rubber nubs that the back of your phone sits on.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Oh! Surprise delivery. Forgot about the Mujjo leather wallet case. Not slick at all, one card slot on the back for 2-3 cards. It’s soft, buttons are tactile. I’m liking it so far. Naturally there will be a review.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
Speck Presidio Clear case

8a773f3a9eaa21c732e076fb285c56d9.jpg

8ebeb41bb1e75adcf9a9ecb196ed6fa8.jpg

Feels good and grippy. Also provides some Mil rating protection.

Also picked up the Apple Leather Saddle Ana Silicone White. Now I will only experiment with the less costly cases since I have my core set.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Speck Presidio Clear case

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171118/8a773f3a9eaa21c732e076fb285c56d9.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171118/8ebeb41bb1e75adcf9a9ecb196ed6fa8.jpg

Feels good and grippy. Also provides some Mil rating protection.

Also picked up the Apple Leather Saddle Ana Silicone White. Now I will only experiment with the less costly cases since I have my core set.
Be careful with that case. I have seen a couple people complain that it left scratches from putting on and off the case on the stainless steel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox